These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Missions and major faction standing

Author
Saul Weintraub
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-08-08 04:23:58 UTC
Is there a noob-friendly way of being able to tell whether a mission you're about to run is going to hurt your standing with one of the major factions?

I just don't want to get carried away with doing missions and then suddenly discover that I'm like -5.0 with Gallente.

I was running a string of missions with the agent at my new home base, and things were going fine until all the sudden she's all "hey, I've got something for you, how about you **** off the only faction you've trained up any ship skills with? Thanks!" So now I'm like, uhhhhh....should I be taking any more missions from you? Because this seems like a really terrible idea all the sudden.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-08-08 04:28:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
Saul Weintraub wrote:
Is there a noob-friendly way of being able to tell whether a mission you're about to run is going to hurt your standing with one of the major factions?

I just don't want to get carried away with doing missions and then suddenly discover that I'm like -5.0 with Gallente.

I was running a string of missions with the agent at my new home base, and things were going fine until all the sudden she's all "hey, I've got something for you, how about you **** off the only faction you've trained up any ship skills with? Thanks!" So now I'm like, uhhhhh....should I be taking any more missions from you? Because this seems like a really terrible idea all the sudden.

Usually the hits come from killing ships belonging to other factions.

Look the missions up here beforehand:
http://eve-survival.org
Dilligafmofo
3WAYFOUNDATIONS
Job's Done.
#3 - 2014-08-08 08:24:11 UTC
Also running some storyline missions will damage your standing to opposing factions.
Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-08-08 09:33:40 UTC
Look at the icon in the mission dialog. It'll show you the faction that the mission is against. Just decline ones against the 4 empires if you don't want to lose standings
Saul Weintraub
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-08-08 11:36:45 UTC
Elena Thiesant wrote:
Look at the icon in the mission dialog. It'll show you the faction that the mission is against. Just decline ones against the 4 empires if you don't want to lose standings

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. I see there's an icon right next to the mission location that indicates the faction you'll be fighting against. Thank you so much for the help!
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2014-08-08 12:25:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
Saul Weintraub wrote:
Elena Thiesant wrote:

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. I see there's an icon right next to the mission location that indicates the faction you'll be fighting against. Thank you so much for the help!

... and remember do not decline two in a row. Go do something else or run missions for another agent until the 4 hour hour timer expires and then decline.

If you regularly use the same agent, ask for a mission before you sign off and either delay (if good) or decline it (if bad).

This will give you a fresh mission ready to accept next login if its a good one or gives you overnight for the decline timer to expire if its a bad one.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2014-08-08 21:25:21 UTC
Also 'The Plan' can help a lot if needed in the future.

DMC