These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Multi Boxing for Unfair game play is bannable. Close Thread please

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#61 - 2014-08-07 17:25:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
O2 jayjay wrote:
MAYBE YOU HAVE A ISSUE WITH READING.
No. But you have removed any and all doubt that you are in any way anything that could even be remotely and massively generously be described as literate.

Quote:
Synergy
…isn't the topic. The topic is muliboxing. What do they say about multiboxing?
“Lastly, multiboxing is allowed”

Quote:
Problem is players are not using MULTI computers
Irrelevant. At no point do they say that you must use multiple computers. Again, the topic is multiboxing. And what do they say about multiboxing? Oh right.

There. You lost. You are wrong. You are incapable of reading even the most simple statement. Live with it. If possible, overcome it, but your incompetence will no doubt make that entirely impossible so you should probably seek some kind of disability support.
O2 jayjay
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2014-08-07 17:27:58 UTC
Rhivre wrote:
O2 jayjay wrote:

Synergy allows you to move your mouse cursor to multiple different monitors which are hooked up to different computers and we do not have any qualms with players using the program for this purpose.

DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT ANY MORE DUMMY STYLE FOR YOU! THAT AS BROKEN DOWN AS I CAN GET FOR YOU

Here is the magic thing...

it allows YOU with YOUR mouse cursor to do things. Step away from your mouse/keyboard and see if synergy does anything for you :)

Please respond with a better argument. I have bold and underline the most important part of that statement and you completely ignored it.
O2 jayjay
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2014-08-07 17:29:02 UTC  |  Edited by: O2 jayjay
Tippia wrote:
O2 jayjay wrote:
No. But you have removed any and all doubt that you are in any way anything that could even be remotely and massively generously be described as literate.

Quote:
Synergy
…isn't the topic. The topic is muliboxing. What do they say about multiboxing?

Quote:
Problem is players are not using MULTI computers
Irrelevant. At no point do they say that you must use multiple computers. Again, the topic is multiboxing. And what do they say about multiboxing? Oh right.

There. You lost. You are wrong. You are incapable of reading even the most simple statement. Live with it. If possible, overcome it, but your incompetence will no doubt make that entirely impossible so you should probably seek some kind of disability support.

-_- that is an old Multi boxing program and dude i copied and paste the GM respond. please read the OP as it has all that information in it.
Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#64 - 2014-08-07 17:29:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Barzai Mekhar
O2 jayjay wrote:
Barzai Mekhar wrote:
O2 jayjay wrote:

This is a little bit confusing. I Bold some keywords that were written by GM Lelouch. Now the question remains. Do you need to be on different computers when Multi boxing as stated before. Also the rules need to be rewritten to clarify that more clearly to sum up any confusions and to stop reoccurring.

Well, obviously multiboxing is only allowed when done excatly the way described, using MULTIPLE computer with MULTIPLE screens. Multiple computers with a single screen are a bannable offence. This is very clear from the context, while phrases like

"Lastly, multiboxing is allowed, and programs designed for multiboxing in mind which allow a player to manually issue the same command to multiple game clients at the same time are allowed."

are very vague and easily misinterpreted.

Problem is players are not using MULTI computers and are still playing the game which is the reason of this post. rules need to be the same as stated in OP. If you are going to ban bot-ing then players need to be ban for same computer multi boxing. 90% of multi boxers are doing is buying another screen or having one screen and logging into all 10 accounts. the program issues the same command to all 9 account while he controls one account which is breaking there rules. That isnt fair to others that are getting banned

It always makes me happy when people get exactly what I'm saying.

Synergy was a specific example.

A general ruling not specifying the need for multiple computers was also given.

General ruling > specific example.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#65 - 2014-08-07 17:30:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
O2 jayjay wrote:
Please respond with better arguments. I have bold and underline the most important part of that statement and you completely ignored it.
You mean the part that proves you wrong? The part where it clearly and unambiguously says “Lastly, multiboxing is allowed”?

Yeah. You completely ignored that one. So let's make it clear:

Multiboxing is allowed.

This has always been their policy and it remains their policy. You will never find them saying anything else unless you massively mangle what they say by wilfully misquoting and misinterpreting those official statements.

Quote:
that is an old Multi boxing program
…which is allowed since…

…wait for it…

“Lastly, multiboxing is allowed”.
Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#66 - 2014-08-07 17:33:07 UTC
So....

If I open Excel 2 times and work on two spreadsheet, Microsoft will go nuts?

I get the software part. ISBoxing may be a grey area? (havent really kept up with that discussion to be honest)

But running more than 1 client is not breaking the EULA. That agreement is applied to every instance of the software seperately.

As a matter of fact; you can break the EULA with 1 client/account by using a botprogram for example, but not break it with another (manual play).
O2 jayjay
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2014-08-07 17:34:11 UTC
From these replies are players that are Multi Boxing on a single computer. They are still playing the game and are not banned. They are posting saying "you dont have to use Multi computers". As stated before it is alittle confusing and i think the rules need to be written more clearly. As for now can we have players that was ban for bot-ing get a warning and have the rules written alittle more clearly? Thank you for your time.
O2 jayjay
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2014-08-07 17:35:15 UTC
Yarda Black wrote:
So....

If I open Excel 2 times and work on two spreadsheet, Microsoft will go nuts?

I get the software part. ISBoxing may be a grey area? (havent really kept up with that discussion to be honest)

But running more than 1 client is not breaking the EULA. That agreement is applied to every instance of the software seperately.

As a matter of fact; you can break the EULA with 1 client/account by using a botprogram for example, but not break it with another (manual play).

Here is another person that thinking Multi boxing on a single computer isnt against the rules.
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#69 - 2014-08-07 17:36:06 UTC
I completely ignored it because the topic of the thread is multiboxing, and you are unable to understand the difference between multiboxing and botting.

Synergy allows you to effectively remote desktop smoothly.
Isboxer allows you to control multiple clients.

Your problem with Synergy would indicate that if I log in 3 remote desktop apps in different locations, and start an eve client in all of them, then I am botting because I am using 1 mouse (the one plugged to my PC) to control a desktop in say Germany or France.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#70 - 2014-08-07 17:36:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
I find myself embarrassed for people who do things wrong (lol, im sorry, I mean the OP's "friend") and then try to play rules lawyer after they get caught.

CCP says Isboxer (and whatever else)is fine. don't like it, screw off somewhere else and stop paying them. This is your only recourse OP, because if you thought you were gonna come here and drum up support for a mutiny against CCP, you thought wrong.

I tried isboxer once and boy was that tedious, so if you can use it well, more power to you.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#71 - 2014-08-07 17:36:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
O2 jayjay wrote:
Here is another person that thinking Multi boxing on a single computer isnt against the rules.

Why would he think that it is when there is nothing to even remotely suggest that it would be and multiple GM statements that all explicitly allow it?

Quote:
As for now can we have players that was ban for bot-ing get a warning and have the rules written alittle more clearly?
What's unclear about them? You are not allowed to automate or accelerate gameplay. Multiboxing isn't even connected to those things. Are you also confused as to whether or not you're allowed to drink heavily while playing since doing so may make you have a warped sense of time?
Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#72 - 2014-08-07 17:36:48 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
I'm running 3 clients as I write this post. Can somebody report me, please!

I don't mind seeing people that do that, but I once saw one guy undock with like 40-50 exhumers, and I died a little inside.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#73 - 2014-08-07 17:37:35 UTC
Tippia, can i have this ones femur when your done?
I'm making a cane and i think it would suite for a handle.
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2014-08-07 17:37:53 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:

CCP could actually declare that rule #1 in the Eula means "You may not ride an albino alpaca while mining".

Sad
Charlie is going to be so sad that I can't ride him anymore while I mine.
At least I can still ride him while I pvp.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#75 - 2014-08-07 17:38:54 UTC
O2 jayjay wrote:
From these replies are players that are Multi Boxing on a single computer. They are still playing the game and are not banned. They are posting saying "you dont have to use Multi computers". As stated before it is alittle confusing and i think the rules need to be written more clearly. As for now can we have players that was ban for bot-ing get a warning and have the rules written alittle more clearly? Thank you for your time.

The rules on multiboxing are confusing, therefore punishment for botting needs to be relaxed!

In other news, telling policemen to drop the speeding ticket because the manual of the radio is confusing doesn't work either.
O2 jayjay
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2014-08-07 17:39:25 UTC  |  Edited by: O2 jayjay
Tippia wrote:
O2 jayjay wrote:
Please respond with better arguments. I have bold and underline the most important part of that statement and you completely ignored it.
You mean the part that proves you wrong? The part where it clearly and unambiguously says “Lastly, multiboxing is allowed”?

Yeah. You completely ignored that one. So let's make it clear:

Multiboxing is allowed.

This has always been their policy and it remains their policy. You will never find them saying anything else unless you massively mangle what they say by wilfully misquoting and misinterpreting those official statements.

Quote:
that is an old Multi boxing program
…which is allowed since…

…wait for it…

“Lastly, multiboxing is allowed”.

It seems you dont understand the part where you have to use different computers. I got the fact that Multi boxing is allowed on different computer but as many other are posting you can log in on the same computer and multi box is acceptable. which in all actuality isnt. As posted earlier, A GM said as long as different computer were used, CCP didnt have a problem with Multi boxers. I will update the OP to clearly explain this.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#77 - 2014-08-07 17:39:52 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

You can have the whole thing. Just boil it good and apply some lye or something afterwards because I think there might be something hideously wrong with it.
Paranoid Loyd
#78 - 2014-08-07 17:43:37 UTC
The word dense comes to mind.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#79 - 2014-08-07 17:44:07 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

You can have the whole thing. Just boil it good and apply some lye or something afterwards because I think there might be something hideously wrong with it.

Its all good, my fedo has been Eyeing the tourist in my hold lustfully for a while so that's 2 problems solvedBlink
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#80 - 2014-08-07 17:44:34 UTC
O2 jayjay wrote:
It seems you dont understand the part where you have to use different computers.
It seems you don't understand that there is no part. It doesn't exist. It's something you've dreamt up.
At no point is anything of the kind said. The number of computers does not matter.

Quote:
I got the fact that Multi boxing is allowed
No, you didn't, or you wouldn't be off on this hallucination-born tangent of yours where the number of computers is in any way relevant to the proceedings.

Quote:
A GM said as long as different computer were using CCP didnt have a problem with Multi boxers.
Nope. That is not what the GM said. It is something you've made up because your ignorant claims were so thoroughly demolished upon their first contact with reality and you are desperate to claw out some tiny shred of a morsel that could — at least at cursory glance — be misinterpreted as you being a teeeeensy bit right about somehting.

None of that will happen.