These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

1.01 iskers...

Author
Ibrahim Tash-Murkon
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#21 - 2014-07-31 23:19:00 UTC
Gor Yo wrote:
guys, did you see that I specifically mention 1.01 ISK, not 0.01?!?!
I have no problem with 0.01 ISKers - most of them are actual players and I am fine with that. Sometimes it takes them longer to update the price, sometimes they take a break.
but this "player" always updates by 1.01 ISK, and always very quickly after my update. If I dont update for a short time, then he is the only one above me (if I dont update for longer, there are more orders of course, but his order always stands out because it is 1.01 above the previous one, unlike players' orders 0.01 or some random multiple of 0.01). If I update mine - before I reach the 10th order on my list, he already undercut my first one.
I made a mistake of investing in low volume item (ships), so there is not much order traffic there and his behavior is obvious!
I know about mouse wheel and strategies like multiple order to update faster or aggressive undercutting (which I already did on a couple of items to simple get out without a loss on fees).
But the point is this is quite obviously a bot, and I am curious how prevalent it is in trading specifically or in EVE in general?
I kind of thought about station trading for some side income, but I have no desire to fight against market bots.

Responding to 1.01 ISKing, be it by a human or bot, remains the same as far as I'm concerned. Price them out of the market. If you want make a purchase from the person to get a name and then report the player for suspected botting. CCP will make a point of not looking into it for you and dispensing no punishment. Unless it's part of a Holy Banpocalypse but those don't happen as often as they should.

"I give you the destiny of Faith, and you will bring its message to every planet of every star in the heavens: Go forth, conquer in my Name, and reclaim that which I have given." - Book of Reclaiming 22:13

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#22 - 2014-07-31 23:26:30 UTC
I often 10.01 ISK manually. If a price ends in four 9s, I almost always 10.01 ISK as people then 0.01 what they think you've posted, and you end up 9.99 below them.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Gor Yo
Taxes Shmuckses
#23 - 2014-08-01 11:44:03 UTC
Ibrahim Tash-Murkon wrote:

Responding to 1.01 ISKing, be it by a human or bot, remains the same as far as I'm concerned. Price them out of the market. If you want make a purchase from the person to get a name and then report the player for suspected botting. CCP will make a point of not looking into it for you and dispensing no punishment. Unless it's part of a Holy Banpocalypse but those don't happen as often as they should.

The point of this thread was to see if anything official can be done about botters. I guess I got my answer.
Sure I can aggressively undercut and destroy the profit margin, but if that is the solution to market bots, why not just do away with sell/buy order system?
Anyway, rant off, topic closed Big smile
Nor Aken
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-08-04 00:27:51 UTC
Thank you vaerah for trying to put some sense into this thread.
Slothook
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2014-08-05 18:43:16 UTC
The first thing is, gather what evidence you can which lends weight to him being a bot - in 99% of cases where someone has blamed a toon for being a market bot they are wrong - Remember, some people have no lives and are happy to sit on a dozen orders spamming the market button for several hours, updating each order at every possible moment (have done it myself where large amounts of isk involved, ie patch days)

If you still believe they are a bot then right click their details, top left of their character page is a dropdown by where it says character info - left click that select report bot - fill out and submit.

As mentioned above, In 99% of cases you will be positive they are a bot and you will be wrong - but if you do have genuine cause to suspect then report and let CCP do the real detective work.
Sh0plifter
Underworld Property Accounting Partnership
#26 - 2014-08-06 23:23:03 UTC
I have been playing around in Jita lately while nothing is going on with my Main or any alts. I have noticed on some items where every 5 minutes they will get updated regardless of being outbid or not. That is just a bot, and they are annoying.

A bot will be scripted to run so that it updates as soon as it can normally. If you want to beat a bot like 1.01 just update yours with a 10,01 and laugh at him as he will continue to 1.01 off his orignal
Jarnis McPieksu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-08-07 08:54:19 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
I often 10.01 ISK manually. If a price ends in four 9s, I almost always 10.01 ISK as people then 0.01 what they think you've posted, and you end up 9.99 below them.

This. 1.01 and 10.01 ISKing is a way to hoodwink manual 0.01 ISK warriors (who miss that the whole ISK digit also changed and end up posting a new price that is higher than yours) and try to open a window to get your stack moved.

Mostly seen in Jita. Works best during slightly quieter times when you are 0.01:ing against just one or two guys.

Of course stuff would move much faster if buy order guys were more realistic with their offers. Free tip; If you see 10% gap between sell and buy order, putting up 0.01 ISK higher buy order will not get you stuff. Putting one up that is considerably closer to the sell price will get you that stuff almost instantly, at a lower price than straight up buying from the 0.01 ISK warriors.

(generally works for stuff that is aggressively being 0.01 ISKed over. Works much worse for stuff like moongoo, reaction materials etc. that tend to arrive in large bulk batches from far fewer sellers)
Previous page12