These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

When can we expect the end of downtime?

Author
Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
Chao3 Alliance
#1 - 2014-08-06 15:05:06 UTC
I read somewhere that CCP was working on removing needs for downtime..
I think hiese are great news, but what time frame are we talking about: weeks, months or years?

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#2 - 2014-08-06 15:18:56 UTC
Soon(tm)

But seriously, 10 minutes of break is a problem?

Invalid signature format

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-08-06 15:21:52 UTC
Some people's kids clearly need to experience what DT was like in the early days .... Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Iain Cariaba
#4 - 2014-08-06 15:24:56 UTC
Saisin wrote:
I think hiese are great news, but what time frame are we talking about: weeks, months or years?

When they get it working. IIRC, it was a long term plan, so expect it right after WIS.
Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
Chao3 Alliance
#5 - 2014-08-06 15:27:55 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Soon(tm)

But seriously, 10 minutes of break is a problem?

Yes, as it can be exploited..

For example, you want your location to be shifted artificially by thousands of kM?
Log off from that loc, then log on a few seconds before downtime... You will be logged off again by downtime, without the usual 30 or so seconds of latency, wherever your ship is at that moment.
Very handy to escape a POS camp with very little risks....

I also like to play during those times, and this downtime is not as "convenient" for all time zones....

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#6 - 2014-08-06 15:28:00 UTC
I demand reimbursement of some kind for this 10 minute disruption of my immersion!!!!!

I will expect a new fedo in my hangar everyday as compensation, retroactive to the beginning of my subscriptions.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#7 - 2014-08-06 15:28:39 UTC
i think this is one of those things, where we can't expect it to happen soon, until we're told it will happen soon.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#8 - 2014-08-06 15:31:11 UTC
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-08-06 17:41:21 UTC
Looking forward to nonstop station and gate camping brought to you by Hot Pockets, Mountain Dew, and colostomy bags.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Serene Repose
#10 - 2014-08-06 19:06:58 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
I demand reimbursement of some kind for this 10 minute disruption of my immersion!!!!!

I will expect a new fedo in my hangar everyday as compensation, retroactive to the beginning of my subscriptions.
As I contemplated your plight I noticed your haircut. What's up with that?

Oh yes, downtime. Woosies.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-08-06 19:15:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Caviar Liberta
Saisin wrote:

The Plan

There it is.

Had to do some digging but fixed the link with the right link.
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#12 - 2014-08-06 19:22:38 UTC
There will eventually be that one time EvE goes down and never comes back up again.

Then we'll truly know EvE has died.

Until then, as a suffering AU timezone player (first world problem TM), I'm just happy knowing that everyday I'm among the first to witness that the game is still alive.

I pity all of the players that go to bed not knowing if EvE will still be alive when they wake up. The nightmares must be terrible (or maybe that's just this post).
Drago Shouna
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2014-08-06 20:21:47 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
There will eventually be that one time EvE goes down and never comes back up again.

Until then, as a suffering AU timezone player (first world problem TM), I'm just happy knowing that everyday I'm among the first to witness that the game is still alive.

I pity all of the players that go to bed not knowing if EvE will still be alive when they wake up. The nightmares must be terrible (or maybe that's just this post).

First World? Seriously? You have to be joking, you're from OZ. Get a grip, none of you are in the top 10,

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#14 - 2014-08-06 21:40:30 UTC
Drago Shouna wrote:
First World? Seriously? You have to be joking, you're from OZ. Get a grip, none of you are in the top 10,

number one on the oecd quality of life index, number two on the human development index, and scipio's number four on the 'top ten sexiest capsuleers without a shirt' list
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#15 - 2014-08-06 22:16:31 UTC
They can start by getting rid of the three YOU MUST CLICK OK BEFORE YOU CAN DO ANYTHING ELSE pop-up warnings.

Who put the goat in there?

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#16 - 2014-08-06 22:22:07 UTC
Drago Shouna wrote:

Yeah sure. Whatever gets your rocks off.
Obunagawe
#17 - 2014-08-06 22:22:48 UTC
You can expect the end of downtime at 12:30 EveTime each day.
Marsha Mallow
#18 - 2014-08-06 22:28:00 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

When Eve dies someone will settup "Eve: Offline" forums, so we can play properly. Without ever having to interrupt our reading and badpoasting to log in.

Everybody sleep well, it'll be fine Cool

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#19 - 2014-08-06 22:32:14 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
...and scipio's number four on the 'top ten sexiest capsuleers without a shirt' list

I have some murdering to do then.

Give me the names.
Zappity
Kurved Trading
#20 - 2014-08-06 22:37:30 UTC
Usually by 11.30 GMT.

No? Sorry.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

123Next page