These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hyperion Excitement

Author
Prince Kobol
#21 - 2014-08-05 17:04:48 UTC
Sven Inneson wrote:
There are a lot of "meh" responses in this thread in regards to the upcoming "named' patch/expansion...

Do you feel that CCP is obligated to release exciting new content in accordance with their new 6 week release plan or is it sufficient that they merely tweak the current meta with statistic changes and add an occasional module here and there?

Do you get the impression that CCP is excited about their EVE Online product anymore, or do you think it's tapering down. I've heard that businesses in Iceland have long summer vacation periods, do you think this is the cause of a seeming lull in communication out of CCP?

No because the new expansion release plan is simply a advertising ploy.. that all.

All there doing is giving patch releases fancy names in a effort to mask the fact that they are ignoring what a significant percentage base of the player base are asking for.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#22 - 2014-08-05 17:15:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
As I have serious doubts about this entire "process" of 6 weeks releases, I have little expectation.

Fact of the matter is, major content will always be spaced out due to the time needed to create and implement, and minor crap will continue to come out in dribs and drabs -- just like has been happening for the last couple of years now.

Nothing has really changed.... CCP just has a new pretty workflow calendar hanging in the office... with more colour bars and cool little icons to give the staff something to point at and wonder "dafuq?".

And maybe they give one of the kids a box of crayons from time to time and let the kid fill in the timetable. Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Bel Tika
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2014-08-05 17:43:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Bel Tika
i dont care tbh, i let the launcher update when necessary an when i login i see no difference apart from the last one with the industry changes

EDIT: the only thing im interested in probably wont ever be done and thats a grand epic space story done by the company and not some half arsed crap done by a player
Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#24 - 2014-08-05 17:55:16 UTC
Damn! I thought there would be a new Dan Simmons novel. Cry
Marsha Mallow
#25 - 2014-08-05 18:11:58 UTC
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Damn! I thought there would be a new Dan Simmons novel. Cry

Endymion Blink

Re the expansions, I'm not hyped but looking forward to seeing what comes out over the next few. The "Little Things" tend to please me more than new stuff or feature content anyway. Despite the awesome trailer, the notion of building stargates and opening up new space got a bit of a 'meh' response from me. Whereas something relatively minor, such as adding logis to killmails would definitely make me clap my paws in joy. Although it'd probably generate some whining/sneering from others. v0v it's hard to please everybody all the time.

Player preference/inclination/location/affiliation (and possibly age) affect their enthusiasm for expansion themes. There is a generally negative tone at the moment on the forums and news sites, but I'm not sure that represents ingame attitudes perfectly. There's also a fair bit of misery rubbing off on those who haven't really formed an opinion but tend to follow the more vocal.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

De'Veldrin
The Suicide Kings
Dreadbomb.
#26 - 2014-08-05 18:18:10 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
The only thing we can look forward to is somebody's tears over something because their min-max bubble got poked by some .0001 percent change in a stat or attribute somewhere.

Now, maybe, since the name of the update is Hyperion, that the actual ship called Hyperion can get a visible drone bay?

Out of curiosity, what are Hyperions used for these days? I very rarely see one in the wild.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#27 - 2014-08-05 18:23:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
De'Veldrin wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
The only thing we can look forward to is somebody's tears over something because their min-max bubble got poked by some .0001 percent change in a stat or attribute somewhere.

Now, maybe, since the name of the update is Hyperion, that the actual ship called Hyperion can get a visible drone bay?

Out of curiosity, what are Hyperions used for these days? I very rarely see one in the wild.

A mate of mine swears by this with sentries

(And yeah i know)

[Hyperion, s derpy ass Hyperion]
1600mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Large Armor Repairer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Reactive Armor Hardener

EM Ward Amplifier II
Heavy Capacitor Booster II
Large Micro Jump Drive
Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
Sensor Booster II,Scan Resolution Script

Drone Link Augmentor II
425mm Prototype Gauss Gun,Antimatter Charge L

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
Large Trimark Armor Pump I
mow hawk
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-08-05 18:32:48 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

(And yeah i know)

Large Armor Repairer II
Reactive Armor Hardener

EM Ward Amplifier II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor II

What is this I don't even....
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-08-05 18:35:36 UTC
Bel Tika wrote:
i dont care tbh, i let the launcher update when necessary an when i login i see no difference apart from the last one with the industry changes

EDIT: the only thing im interested in probably wont ever be done and thats a grand epic space story done by the company and not some half arsed crap done by a player

Given the existing lore for this game, be glad that we have "half arsed crap done by a player". I don't think that "grand epic space story" is within CCP's capabilities.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
#30 - 2014-08-05 18:36:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
mow hawk wrote:

What is this I don't even....

yeah, i know. that's exactly what i said when i saw it.
Xuixien
Black Echelon
Beyond the Breach
#31 - 2014-08-05 18:38:18 UTC
I'm excited to get excited about it. Maybe they'll announce plans to finally balance Tech3's with the rest of the cruisers.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Boom McCondor
Lotek Academy
#32 - 2014-08-05 18:39:12 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Sven Inneson wrote:

Here's what we can glean from the 2 posts in the Features and Ideas forum:

• Heavy Assault Cruisers will receive minor tweaks

oh good ... the Ishtar has needed a buff for a while

OMGSARCASM!
De'Veldrin
The Suicide Kings
Dreadbomb.
#33 - 2014-08-05 18:56:17 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

(And yeah i know)

Large Armor Repairer II
Reactive Armor Hardener

EM Ward Amplifier II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor II

I...Shocked
dafuq is this ****?

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
#34 - 2014-08-05 19:09:36 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:

I...Shocked
dafuq is this ****?

Stubborn defiant proof pve is waaaay too easy.
I haven't checked in a while so I don't know if he still flys it that badly, I'll ask when I login.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#35 - 2014-08-05 19:29:32 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

I have an alt specifically trained for them (per the Mastery tabs) and getting very good results even with less than 5 million SP. It's a tanking monster.

For PVP it suffers from the same fate as other battleships that do the same job a little better so you probably don't see them die in a fire much. The fit that inspired me (thanks to Dracvlad) is a PVP fit and my noob alt with less than 3M SP was running level 4s with a PVP fit and still is since March. Admittedly the "damage as tank" model where delivering the spank is a higher priority makes the Megathron the go to ship for more brutal face-melting brawling while the Hyperion can sustain more damage and fight at a distance with its generous drone bay.

I have not seen any fleet doctrines with the Hyperion and don't know but I suspect there's a good reason for that close to my presumptions about the mega and what we have seen with the Domi thus far. But a well-fit Hyperion with the right skills, from my experience, is one heck of a good ship.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#36 - 2014-08-05 19:30:27 UTC
Budrick3 wrote:
I'm hoping for the best and assuming the worst.

They have not even patched their last "Expansion".

Yes they have, according to patch notes we're on Crius 1.7.

The Drake is a Lie

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#37 - 2014-08-05 19:34:23 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

(And yeah i know)

Large Armor Repairer II
Reactive Armor Hardener

EM Ward Amplifier II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor II

I...Shocked
dafuq is this ****?

Annnnnnd that is NOT how you tank a Hyperion.

That's making my head hurt. Good God. Where's Gunny (R. Lee Ermey) when you need him? That fitting needs a Marine Corp style dressing down.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
#38 - 2014-08-05 19:44:33 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

Annnnnnd that is NOT how you tank a Hyperion.

That's making my head hurt. Good God. Where's Gunny (R. Lee Ermey) when you need him? That fitting needs a Marine Corp style dressing down.

No it needs antimatter, applied liberaly.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#39 - 2014-08-05 20:08:28 UTC
Sara Tosa wrote:
Soldarius wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Sven Inneson wrote:

Here's what we can glean from the 2 posts in the Features and Ideas forum:

• Heavy Assault Cruisers will receive minor tweaks

oh good ... the Ishtar has needed a buff for a while

Its getting a slight nerf actually. Tracking bonus going from 7.5% to 5% per level.

tha'ts just their first proposal and first pass, probably the nerf bat will be weighted more.

I still think that the ishtar should have its bandwidth lowered to 124.9mhz.

Think of the threadnaught!

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#40 - 2014-08-05 20:14:51 UTC
I think that we can all agree that no matter what will be included with Hyperion, it will be another stunning CCP NakedMan masterpiece.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?