These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Not exactly new, but back after 2 years..

First post
Author
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-08-05 13:55:18 UTC
Captain Soju wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
128th ABC123 wrote:
Flavour of the month year.

Limited to mining barges & transports or even freighters?

http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html

The person who leads this blog needs to be looked at by a professional.

ASAP

What is wrong with people doing a bit of RP and creating content in a game where you have to create your own content?

It's the entitlement of certain people that think that expect that for them high-sec should be totally risk free and shielded from harm that make it more fun to read.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#22 - 2014-08-05 14:29:06 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

When was the last time you autopiloted through high security hauling loot or undocked from a busy Trade Hub station? I'm sure it's been quite a while and FYI, high security is much more worse than you make it out to be. Especially when compared to how it was a few yrs ago.

I hit Jita weekly or twice weekly, and my local hub about the same. Alternating between a freighter and a DST, depending on what I'm moving (More price than volume)

I don't autopilot though (and I did recommend that he didn't)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#23 - 2014-08-05 14:58:42 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
High Sec aggression rules make suicide ganking an enormous effort?? What a bunch of crock. Suicide Ganking is an easy cheap occupation that requires little effort to do. Concord response time / Sentry Guns / Crimewatch do not deter suicide ganking at all. If it did, then the topic of Suicide Ganking wouldn't be brought up.

As for my original post, there was nothing wrong with the info or the advice I posted, other than making it hard for suicide gankers to get an easy kill.

By the way, you don't have to be in a Multi-Billion ISK ship or even antagonize campers to get a suicide gank attempt. Bored campers will definitely try to suicide gank a ship that's on autopilot regardless of the ship type. A few months ago a couple of Ganker Cruisers failed to get my Loki while on autopilot. Of course their effort was rewarded with a visit from Concord which I witnessed just before jumping into the next system. By the time I turned around and went back, their wrecks were already looted.

Twisted

DMC
The way to avoid suicide gankers is not to autopilot, and a Loki is always worth ganking because many people pimp them out.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#24 - 2014-08-05 14:58:46 UTC
I've been running Freighters, Industrials and Transports in and out of Jita and trough Niarja several times a week (not currently, on vacation) without any issue.

But of course never on AP and never a freighter with too much value and without a webbing friend.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Captain Soju
Failed Diplomacy
#25 - 2014-08-05 15:16:23 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Captain Soju wrote:
128th ABC123 wrote:
Flavour of the month year.

Limited to mining barges & transports or even freighters?

http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html

The person who leads this blog needs to be looked at by a professional.

ASAP

What is wrong with people doing a bit of RP and creating content in a game where you have to create your own content?

It's the entitlement of certain people that think that expect that for them high-sec should be totally risk free and shielded from harm that make it more fun to read.

Whether people feel entitled for more security or not, having suicide gankers roaming free in a so called High security systems is quite self contradictory. Now, i have nothing against suicide gankers themselves as they are inolved in a valid in game activity. Furthermore, auto piloting pimped out ships is nothing less than asking to get ganked.

BUT the very essence of the suicide ganking trend (in High sec) is a fact enough that Concord fails to provide High security in a High sec system and picking up the gankers after the gank or giving kill rights to the ganked person doesn't qualify as security.

just my 2 isk
J'Poll
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-08-05 15:26:46 UTC
Captain Soju wrote:

Whether people feel entitled for more security or not, having suicide gankers roaming free in a so called High security systems is quite self contradictory. Now, i have nothing against suicide gankers themselves as they are inolved in a valid in game activity. Furthermore, auto piloting pimped out ships is nothing less than asking to get ganked.

BUT the very essence of the suicide ganking trend (in High sec) is a fact enough that Concord fails to provide High security in a High sec system and picking up the gankers after the gank or giving kill rights to the ganked person doesn't qualify as security.

just my 2 isk

So, by that logic the RL world police is also doing a bad job because they don't prevent crimes but only punish the criminals.

High-sec is higher security, not perfectly safe security where you can't commit a crime.

It is already a higher security because of all the mechanics involved (losing sec status which you have to grind back / spent ISK to get back, losing your ship in the process, having to deal with 15 minute timers (you ganked someone, while you are having your timer, more juicy targets can pass by you can't hit).

They are doing just the perfect example of EVE, create player created content. The issue why it's so much spoken about, because their victims don't acknowledge that at least they are partly to blame for their own actions.

I know high-sec miners who don't pay to CODE. yet never lost a mining ship, because of being careful and do their research on where to mine. They pick places not visited (yet) by CODE. and they don't play Netflix Online.

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Jonah Gravenstein
#27 - 2014-08-05 15:27:49 UTC
Captain Soju wrote:

just my 2 isk
High security means that criminals get punished, it does not mean that the area is crime free. It is in fact a misnomer. Concord do not prevent crime, they punish it, this is working as intended.

What is this suicide ganking trend that you speak of? Are you saying that it is on the increase, or on the wane? If the former then you're wrong, it happens less now than it used to, it is just better publicised. For reference look up hulkageddon 1 through 5 and also a corp named mOo who closed down an entire cluster to such an extent that CCP had to intervene, many of today's mechanics can be directly attributed to them.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

J'Poll
Caldari State
#28 - 2014-08-05 15:28:12 UTC
Lors Dornick wrote:
I've been running Freighters, Industrials and Transports in and out of Jita and trough Niarja several times a week (not currently, on vacation) without any issue.

But of course never on AP and never a freighter with too much value and without a webbing friend.

This.

I've had an alt in Red Frog for a while and used my 2 freighters to haul for them. I had to regurly do trips from and to Jita and through Niarja and/or Uedama, never lost a freighter.

Common sense is the best tank for a freighter.

J'Poll
Caldari State
#29 - 2014-08-05 15:29:30 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Captain Soju wrote:

just my 2 isk
High security means that criminals get punished, it does not mean that the area is crime free. It is in fact a misnomer. Concord do not prevent crime, they punish it, this is working as intended.

What is this suicide ganking trend that you speak of? Are you saying that it is on the increase, or on the wane? If the former then you're wrong, it happens less now than it used to, it is just better publicised. For reference look up hulkageddon 1 through 5 and also a corp named mOo who closed down an entire cluster to such an extent that CCP had to intervene, many of today's mechanics can be directly attributed to them.

Ooh, good old Hulkageddon...

The time every miner complained and whined and didn't undock at all.

Jonah Gravenstein
#30 - 2014-08-05 15:35:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
J'Poll wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Captain Soju wrote:

just my 2 isk

Helicity Boson is a hero, who bathed in the tears of the inept and careless.

I mined during most of them, while providing warpins Pirate

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

J'Poll
Caldari State
#31 - 2014-08-05 15:37:54 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Captain Soju wrote:

just my 2 isk

It's why I still have a mining RokhP.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2014-08-06 00:38:48 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
The way to avoid suicide gankers is not to autopilot, and a Loki is always worth ganking because many people pimp them out.

In my first initial reply in this thread I stated - Don't autopilot and or make sure to have a good defensive tank fitted.

As for the failed suicide gank attempt on my Loki, after I returned to the system I asked the 2x Ganker Cruisers why they attempted it. Their answer = they were bored.

Seems to me most players are warping to 0 nowadays instead of auto-piloting in high security. That would definitely explain the reason for suicide gank campers being bored.

DMC
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#33 - 2014-08-06 01:11:31 UTC
J'Poll wrote:

It's why I still have a mining RokhP.

I would love to see that explode, and add it to the collection of silly ships put out of their misery (alongside the mining Vindicator and the Nightmare with an officer fitting mod that was providing remote reps for a mining fleet. Yes, a logi-fit Nightmare with purple).

Vigilance and a cheap ship is the best tank, as is at least considering cutting a deal with anyone trying to extort you.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Jonah Gravenstein
#34 - 2014-08-06 03:53:05 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

In my first initial reply in this thread I stated - Don't autopilot and or make sure to have a good defensive tank fitted.

As for the failed suicide gank attempt on my Loki, after I returned to the system I asked the 2x Ganker Cruisers why they attempted it. Their answer = they were bored.

Seems to me most players are warping to 0 nowadays instead of auto-piloting in high security. That would definitely explain the reason for suicide gank campers being bored.

DMC
I was referring to the fact that you were autopiloting your Loki, not your advice.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#35 - 2014-08-22 11:32:43 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Captain Soju wrote:

just my 2 isk

You give me too much credit man. :)
Previous page12