These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

personal locker in haulers

Author
Meldan Anstian
The Night Crew
The Night Crew Alliance
#1 - 2014-08-03 18:49:54 UTC
I do quite a bit of hauling. I am constantly switching out modules, especially in a freighter. Reinforced Bulkheads for Cargo expanders, etc.

I am also constantly forgetting to keep the modules I swap out with me as I move around. It's a PITA.

I tried a small cargo container, but you can't put them in a freighter. I suspect it's to avoid allowing too much cargo in a freighter by using containers.

I propose that a small seperate hold be added to freighters and other hauling ships that can't have a cargo container put in it. Something like 50m3 size, fully scannable, drops modules like the regular cargo hold if the ship is ganked, etc. It's only purpose is to have a separate place that 'select all' wont grab, just for the convienience of the pilot. It provides no benefits other than that.

Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#2 - 2014-08-03 21:17:04 UTC
Just allow us to partition hangars.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#3 - 2014-08-04 01:18:12 UTC
It's not just haulers who have this issue. A Partition which still uses the same space is all that's needed
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2014-08-04 01:19:53 UTC
Depends on how many exotic dancers and spirits can fit into a locker.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-08-04 01:22:07 UTC
If only you were on the CODEswarm exemption list, then you wouldn't have to worry about switching freighter modules all the time.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Arctic Estidal
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2014-08-04 02:46:50 UTC
Partitions would be great which all modules can access automatically. E.g. Nanite paste, probes etc.

Allow the partitions to also be labelled.
Jur Tissant
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-08-04 06:18:57 UTC
Modules should provide stat boosts not convenience (in general - I suppose there are some exceptions). This is a UI issue and not a ship issue.
Arctic Estidal
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-08-04 06:28:20 UTC
Jur Tissant wrote:
Modules should provide stat boosts not convenience (in general - I suppose there are some exceptions). This is a UI issue and not a ship issue.

I am not sure you understand. Modules currently can access their related items in the cargo hold without restriction. The point is this should not be hindered because the items have now been placed into a partition.
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#9 - 2014-08-04 08:18:53 UTC
Rowells wrote:
Depends on how many exotic dancers and spirits can fit into a locker.

I've found that if you increase the amount of Spirits, you can then increase the amount of exotic dancers. Twisted

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Fer'isam K'ahn
SAS Veterinarians
#10 - 2014-08-04 08:42:41 UTC
Containers?

Otherwise I am for a Wallet and Hangar division... not sure about ships.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#11 - 2014-08-04 09:48:35 UTC
Fer'isam K'ahn wrote:
Containers?

you can't put cans (except freight cans, which are, IIRC 120k m3) into a freighter.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Lukas Rox
Aideron Technologies
#12 - 2014-08-04 10:15:52 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
Fer'isam K'ahn wrote:
Containers?

you can't put cans (except freight cans, which are, IIRC 120k m3) into a freighter.

There is multiple sizes of Freight Containers now. Check them out, might be what you're looking for.

Proud developer of LMeve: Industry Contribution and Mass Production Tracker: https://github.com/roxlukas/lmeve | Blogging about EVE on http://pozniak.pl/wp/

Fer'isam K'ahn
SAS Veterinarians
#13 - 2014-08-04 10:22:33 UTC
Lukas Rox wrote:
There is multiple sizes of Freight Containers now. Check them out, might be what you're looking for.

Yeah, the 'There are no small containers myth'