These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

blocade running

Author
Lao Xin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2014-08-03 22:16:24 UTC
Alric Rosenthal wrote:
I recommend getting three instant undocks for each station you frequent and cloaking as you warp away from the station.

Can you please explain the purpose of three insta-undocks along the same trajectory? in case they D-scan or?
Plato Forko
123 Fake Street
#22 - 2014-08-03 23:37:49 UTC
in case repeat campers have already probed down your insta and are waiting for you to warp out to it
Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#23 - 2014-08-04 16:07:38 UTC
Elbie Klep wrote:
I need to run courier missions into low sec to get NPC standings. I make insta jumps when I can, but sometimes I don't have one at the station in hand. I use a transport ship with three inertial stabilizers and full cloak. So the only time I am vulnerable is undocking after the mission completes (assuming they don't have a warp bubble on the gate). Currently I just immediately redock and go AFK if I see any ship in the overview when I undock. However, that cat-and-mouse game can be tedious and may be unnecessary if the ship doesn't care about me.

With the stabilizers I can be in warp in about five seconds to any gate. Someone with maxed targeting skills and ship bonuses could get a lock in that time if they are paying attention. I am thinking of using three T2 multi-spectrum ECM bursters. Hopefully they would prevent a lock within 5 seconds. However, I would rather not lose a transport experimenting with this. I was wondering if anyone has tried this and whether it works.

First, a few things.

1. There are no bubbles in losec. Even the Warp Disruption Field Generator on Heavy Interdiction Cruisers only works in the "scripted" mode in losec, which means they have to lock you first. (It is still infinite scramble strength though, so warp core stabs won't help you at all.)

2. ECM bursts can only be fit to battleships, and even then you can only use one at a time, so fitting multiple is pointless.

3. Even if you could fit an ECM burst, which you can't, it would be a horrible idea. ECM bursts are like Smartbombs: if they hit another player, it counts as aggression. If you did this at a gate or at a station, you'd be criminally flagged and start taking gate gun fire. If you jumped into hisec before waiting this flag out, you'd be killed immediately by CONCORD.

It's relatively trivial, and safe, to make an insta-undock bookmark from a station using a speed-fit 'ceptor. If you get a courier missions to a station that you don't have a bookmark to, fly your 'ceptor there first and make one. Worst case scenario, you lose a T2 frigate, not your Transport and not your mission.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Bronson Hughes
#24 - 2014-08-04 16:09:32 UTC
Plato Forko wrote:
in case repeat campers have already probed down your insta and are waiting for you to warp out to it

If you're flying a blockade runner, you should be cloaking as soon as you hit warp. Just make sure your insta-undock is far enough away (1000km+) for your cloak to activate before you arrive.

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Paranoid Loyd
#25 - 2014-08-04 23:58:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Plato Forko wrote:

If you're flying a blockade runner, you should be cloaking as soon as you hit warp. Just make sure your insta-undock is far enough away (1000km+) for your cloak to activate before you arrive.

This could be worded better.

As I understand it: The cloak is technically activated when you push the button, meaning you cant be locked but you will still be visible on grid.

I'm pretty sure what Bronson was referring to is not being visible on grid as opposed to having the cloak "activated".

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Bronson Hughes
#26 - 2014-08-05 13:24:22 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
This could be worded better.

As I understand it: The cloak is technically activated when you push the button, meaning you cant be locked but you will still be visible on grid.

I'm pretty sure what Bronson was referring to is not being visible on grid as opposed to having the cloak "activated".

Nope, I meant precisely what I said. On most stations, you'll be within 2km of the station when you get into warp. That means you have to wait at least one tick after being in warp to activate your cloak. If your warp is short enough, you'll be on the same grid as your warpout point when your cloak activates, which means an attentive camper can get an approximate range. If your warpout point is 1000km away or more, your cloak will activate while still off-grid from your warpout point, so they'll have no idea what range you warped to.

What you said is indeed true, but it's not what I was driving at.

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Paranoid Loyd
#27 - 2014-08-05 23:00:51 UTC
I see, thank you for clarifying.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Previous page12