These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

FW Mission Fix That Wont Happen But Will Make Me Look Magnanimous! ;)

Author
Niluso
Mackies Raiders
Wild Geese.
#21 - 2014-08-03 11:30:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Niluso
Here’s a crazy idea, focus on non-drastic changes that are reasonable enough to be considered. While alts of everyone and their mother might grind missions for ISK, that might be the only reason to be in militia besides free war targets.

It would be nice to see FW militia in general have an edge over say nullsec power blocs. Introduce viable changes that don’t require a whole lot of work that could help either militia itself, or militia corporations/alliances that are trying to establish a presence in the warzone.

Like say, abilities that take LP?

For example: corporations can set some kind of tax not just on bounties, but LP gains(one or the other, or both!?). Said corporate LP can be used to enable abilities in a system said militia controls. Like a system wide cyno jammer with the time length of 1-12 hours, the longer the more LP required. Or perhaps the corporation can spend LP to use the systems i-hup as a jump bridge to travel to other allied i-hubs within the warzone, (or even a range limit).

These are just 3 possibilities that give a better reason to be in militia. And they don’t require the entirety of FW mechanics to be changed.

What else might be viable to add??
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#22 - 2014-08-03 11:35:29 UTC
You mean bring up ideas that have already been rejected?
Mabego Tetrimon
Spiritus Draconis
#23 - 2014-08-03 12:52:38 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
To show how magnanimous i am.

Though, id prefer it to happen after WE lose tier 4.

Crosi, the question is still valid, "WHY?"

- you think its broken game mechanic? too much isk for the lil solo guy? breaks FW as all ppl with brain start doing missions whenever one faction hits l4? LP-prizes getting crumbled?

i dont see any of these above "problems" to be real, but what is your issue with missions? If you wanna remove a mechnic, or alter it, you better have a good reason for doing it....so i can't see, whats the problems with missions. Enlighten me.

Cromwell Savage
The Screaming Seagulls
#24 - 2014-08-03 14:07:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Cromwell Savage
Personally, all I want to see changed is for docking rights+occupancy to be removed...and plexes to generate less LP (not a whole lot, but less lucrative than missions for the effort/risk). I've never had any issue with missions, other than the laughable imbalance between faction difficulty - lol.

FW is dead to me because of the docking rights mechanic. Worst idea ever. Let's take the one aspect of Eve that encouraged the population of lo-sec and allowed small, young FW corps to 'spread their wings' and spread out over lo-sec to grow and learn/enjoy the game....and....destroy it. And before people start posting numbers of ships killed/activity - that's not it. Yes, overall activity is up but it is mostly centered around who can pile into the next plex first (or derp into it). This gets old after about 10 seconds...
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#25 - 2014-08-03 14:20:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Mabego Tetrimon wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
To show how magnanimous i am.

Though, id prefer it to happen after WE lose tier 4.

Crosi, the question is still valid, "WHY?"

- you think its broken game mechanic? too much isk for the lil solo guy? breaks FW as all ppl with brain start doing missions whenever one faction hits l4? LP-prizes getting crumbled?

i dont see any of these above "problems" to be real, but what is your issue with missions? If you wanna remove a mechnic, or alter it, you better have a good reason for doing it....so i can't see, whats the problems with missions. Enlighten me.

I just said why i think it would be a change for the better. Earning 250m per hour while evading any interaction with other pilots inan MMO is not ideal.

I dont have a problem with the status quo, i just thought id put a sensible solution forwards to help those people like cerain who complain thread after thread but offer no sensible solutions.

As far as FW being dead to Crom due to station lockouts, its kinda ironic beacuse FW was dead to nearly everyone else before station lockouts. Small gang is still out there and healthy, but there is no type of superior PVP that mechanics should be aimed at. Just undock and look or the type you like.

The pushes for systems have been good fun and bring people together for a single goal. If these meat grinders are a real distaste to you perhaps your problem is more with eve than FW specifically. Personally id rather engage in an extended battle of logistics and will power than sit on a gate with a cockbag.
Cromwell Savage
The Screaming Seagulls
#26 - 2014-08-03 14:33:48 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

As far as FW being dead to Crom due to station lockouts, its kinda ironic beacuse FW was dead to nearly everyone else before station lockouts. Small gang is still out there and healthy, but there is no type of superior PVP that mechanics should be aimed at. Just undock and look or the type you like.

The pushes for systems have been good fun and bring people together for a single goal. If these meat grinders are a real distaste to you perhaps you problem is more with eve than FW specifically.

I never wanted the station changes before, and still don't want them now. I enjoyed Eve/FW a lot more prior to the change.

As I had posted several times during the discussion for such, there were/are other ways to give occupancy 'meaning' without changing docking rights...so that those who need/want that 'goal' can still have it without eliminating the ability for smaller/newer FW corps to spread out over lo-sec...vice basing out of hi-sec or balling up into 'home systems' for fear of losing station access.

I'm pretty sure that after 5 years of FW....my displeasure is with FW specifically. The only reason I have not dropped is because I like my corp and the guys I fly with (when I can bring myself to log in at least...).
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#27 - 2014-08-03 14:38:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Sorry crom, i dont think its a controversial thing to say, that most players feel FW is better now than its ever been in the past. Consequences for being in FW suits the eve ethos perfectly imo. Beyond a free wardec and some mission income it didnt used to matter if people were in or out of FW back then.

Anyways, this isnt really a discussion about that.
Cromwell Savage
The Screaming Seagulls
#28 - 2014-08-03 14:40:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Cromwell Savage
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Sorry crom, i dont think its a controversial thing to say, that most players fell FW is better now than its ever been in the past. Consequences for being in FW suits the eve ethos perfectly imo.

Agree to disagree... o7
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#29 - 2014-08-03 14:42:02 UTC
Cromwell Savage wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Sorry crom, i dont think its a controversial thing to say, that most players fell FW is better now than its ever been in the past. Consequences for being in FW suits the eve ethos perfectly imo.

Agree to disagree...

What part?
Cromwell Savage
The Screaming Seagulls
#30 - 2014-08-03 14:43:39 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Cromwell Savage wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

Agree to disagree...

What part?

All of it.

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#31 - 2014-08-03 14:50:44 UTC
Most of qcats pretty much quit playing regularly before inferno, so cant blame station lockouts for that. Not sure what the problem is tbh, you can still 10mn coercer and you can still cockbag gates. i dont recognise any changes that effect normal qcats operations. They even kicked O-farmers in the nuts so defending home systems isnt so tedious.

Reminds me of a joke;

How many eve players does it take to change a lightbulb?
-CHANGE??
Cromwell Savage
The Screaming Seagulls
#32 - 2014-08-03 15:04:51 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

Reminds me of a joke;

How many eve players does it take to change a lightbulb?
-CHANGE??

LOL... I wasn't against change...just that singular mechanic...

Here's why I don't like it (short version)...

FW to me, was all about the free, Eve wide war-dec and it allowed/encouraged younger, smaller corps to make that first venture into lo-sec. I still remember when I was a oh-so-noob toon the first time I based out of lo-sec prior to joining Qcats - lol. Challenging to say the least. I also remember years back before any of these changes that our biggest complaint was that not enough squids lived in lo-sec. Now we're kicking them out lol! Well, at least this time 'we' were smart enough to hold back some :P. Anyhow, with station lockout, that 2-3 man FW corp (or solo enthusiast) can no longer reliably base out of lo-sec on their own - not without it turning into a full-time occupancy fight. Corps/players are pretty much left with two options (especially if on the 'losing' side) - base out of hi-sec or move into a 'super-system'. As I had mentioned in the past, there were ways to allow for both to exist in FW, but alas, the station lockout crowd had the loudest voice. It is what it is, just not what I wanted - hence my seriously reduced Eve time...lol.

Anyways - I'm done derailing your topic - lol. 07
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#33 - 2014-08-03 15:31:41 UTC
Step 1: My 20 man fleet goes to all 14 mission hubs and tries to grab missions from all four agents for the target system.
Step 2: We go to mission system and blob the f** out of it.
Step 3: In two hours we bring in IHUB bashing fleet.
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#34 - 2014-08-03 16:18:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
X Gallentius wrote:
Step 1: My 20 man fleet goes to all 14 mission hubs and tries to grab missions from all four agents for the target system.
Step 2: We go to mission system and blob the f** out of it.
Step 3: In two hours we bring in IHUB bashing fleet.

Yep, i did mention there would have to be limit of active agent missions in a system, or perhaps a limit to the number of agent missions a player can hold. Maybe at some point the agent have no missions to offer you :p
Perhaps the mission is popped in space the moment you accept it, perhaps the 4 agents are rolled into one and the size of plex you receive depends on what you ask for / your current rank with FDU (cld reward small gang collaboration).

But agreed, this is the trickiest part of making agents matter.

one quick note to Crom, i was also against station lockouts. But in retrospect like the dynamic of what it has done. Moving home is not such a big deal for a 3 man corp, and the pvp they can get leading up to that should be fun.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#35 - 2014-08-04 00:47:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
So you propose we need waste time jumping to and from agents in order to plex a system?

Lots of fw people like to occasionally pitch in an do their bit, without eve sucking their life out. IMO less time with the preliminaries and more time fighting a war is better. But I know we disagree about that.

What is the matter with just keeping ccp's feet to the fire with plex timer rollbacks?

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#36 - 2014-08-04 01:18:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Cearain wrote:
So you propose we need waste time jumping to and from agents in order to plex a system?

Lots of fw people like to occasionally pitch in an do their bit, without eve sucking their life out. IMO less time with the preliminaries and more time fighting a war is better. But I know we disagree about that.

What is the matter with just keeping ccp's feet to the fire with rollbacks?

Outposts are there for part-time amateurs like you matey.

Why would we rollback when current mechanics are better than they have ever been?
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#37 - 2014-08-04 01:50:21 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Why would we rollback when current mechanics are better than they have ever been?

Null sec is there for full time eve players like you matey. Why don't you move on and leave fw for us amateurs? The eve universe is big enough for us all.

I edited my post to make it clear I meant plex timer rollbacks.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#38 - 2014-08-04 01:55:33 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Null sec is there for full time eve players like you matey. Why don't you move on and leave fw for us amateurs? The eve universe is big enough for us all.

I edited my post to make it clear I meant plex timer rollbacks.

Plex timer rollbacks are farily well supported, though, current mechanics for the most part address the O-plex issues (perhaps too well)
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#39 - 2014-08-14 19:45:23 UTC
Now this: Burner Missions

...is what FW missions should be like.
Irya Boone
The Scope
#40 - 2014-08-14 21:49:42 UTC
Indeed
Frigs for lv1
dessies/AF for lvl2
Cruisers/Bc for lvl 3
Tech3/BS for the lvl4 etc etc and it would be nice no more Waves of S...of Waves !!

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Previous page123Next page