These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CRIUS release - nullsec data and relics - is it just me?

Author
Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#1 - 2014-08-03 11:34:57 UTC
Since the Crius release i was daily several times in nullsec to find datas and relics. Summary of my experiences:

Base info: I travel over WHs or WHspace only. Ive been in many different regions. I play from CET 5.00 (mostly during week) and on weekend i end up at that time. So even my time table is as spread as my travelroutes. All skills V, pure exploration T3 vessel, i think i know what i do, im in exploration since i started the account 2008.

Somehow it looks like for me, that in nullsec with player sovereignity are by far less data and relic sites, and those i find there are mostly of extreme low value, sometimes even the containers (in one site had 3 of 6) contain nothing at all. I barely had this situation in nullsec before Crius, but after the release this isnt an exception, but the standard.

It might be, that i had the bad luck to just come through systems in which other explorers already have farmed everything, and this surely happens sometimes. But it cant be like that everytime, and i talk of at least 40 trips to nullsec with more than 25 jumps everytime.

When passing the borders to NPC sovereignity the situation changes are tremendous. Stain always was good, but compared to my experience in player soverignity this is ridiculous.

Early morning trip from Northern Associates sov (25 jumps from exiting WH) to stain. I did that trip 4 times on different daytimes.

1. time 5.30 am CET.
NA sov (25 jumps): 2 relics, 10 cans, all untouched, 4 empty cans.
Sansha sov (14 jumps): 8 relics, 9 data, all untouched, no empty cans.

2. time 10.30 am CET
NA sov (19 jumps) 2 relics, 5 cans, all untouched, 2 empty cans.
Sansha sov (6 jumps) 9 relics, 8 data, all untouched, no empty cans.

3. time on day 2, different WH exit, 7.30 CET
NA sov (12 jumps) - no relics or datas
Sansha SoV (5 jumps) 9 relics, 4 data, 1 already found by someone else, no empty cans.

4. time on day 2, 8.30 pm CET
NA sov (12 jumps) no relics or datas
Sansha SoV (14 jumps) 6 relics, 9 data, all untouched, no empty cans.

Further experiences:
NA sov in drone region (NE of map) 5.30 pm CET: 48 jumps not one single data or relic, but up to 8-12 anos and combat sigs.
Thukker sov at 8.30 pm CET (13 jumps) 9 relics, 4 data, all untouched, no empty cans.

and some shorter trips are also compliant to my experiences.

So, whats up with this? Is it just my experience? Did i really have that bad luck? Or do i miss something posted by the devs somewhere? Any information would be great. Thanks in advance.
Jaantrag
#2 - 2014-08-03 16:23:58 UTC

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Sovereignty_%28Mechanics%29

Quote:
Survey Network
This industrial upgrade increases the chance of mini-profession (Hacking, Archaeology and Salvaging) sites spawning within a system. Every level of the upgrade gives increased benefits compared to the lower levels.

they pop up in player Sov every now and then, but more so when there is a ihub upgrade for it, but why would the owners install the upgrades if they aint doing the sites...

EVElopedia < add this to your sig to show u WANT it back

Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#3 - 2014-08-03 22:46:40 UTC
Jaantrag wrote:

Quote:
Survey Network
This industrial upgrade increases the chance of mini-profession (Hacking, Archaeology and Salvaging) sites spawning within a system. Every level of the upgrade gives increased benefits compared to the lower levels.

they pop up in player Sov every now and then, but more so when there is a ihub upgrade for it, but why would the owners install the upgrades if they aint doing the sites...

As far as it is about those basis, yes, im aware of. Im just abit concerned that it are so few now. Compared to the time before Crius release i definitely had more of them in player sov and less in NPC sov, or more precise: the difference of numbers i experienced over the last 2 weeks wasnt that huge before Crius.

I will keep an eye on it, maybe it was just bad luck.
Rockerguy 101
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-08-04 04:48:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Rockerguy 101
Ikonia wrote:
Jaantrag wrote:

Quote:
Survey Network

As far as it is about those basis, yes, im aware of. Im just abit concerned that it are so few now. Compared to the time before Crius release i definitely had more of them in player sov and less in NPC sov, or more precise: the difference of numbers i experienced over the last 2 weeks wasnt that huge before Crius.

My all time favorite spot to hit as an explorer these past few weeks is a dead end sov system that has seems to have been upgraded. It has an adjacent system that seems to be the same and often there are few to no players in the system so I get my pick of the sites. Even when there are some players in system, they haven't caused me any trouble yet. I just hit the sites and as far as I can tell they're just afk in station Roll More often than not I at least get a few sites out of the two systems. One day less than a week ago I actually hit about 13 relic/data sites in those two systems, though that was an exception I think!

Explorer  |  Ghost | Caldari Militia

Jaantrag
#5 - 2014-08-04 08:06:44 UTC
Ikonia wrote:
Jaantrag wrote:

Quote:
Survey Network

Meybe the route you took the NA renters moved out from thows systems in fear of Cirus, and let the industrial level drop down, you should be able to find more sites in higher industrial level systems, next time u are tripping would love to see some stats including the level. :)

EVElopedia < add this to your sig to show u WANT it back

Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#6 - 2014-08-06 11:14:38 UTC
Jaantrag wrote:

Meybe the route you took the NA renters moved out from thows systems in fear of Cirus, and let the industrial level drop down, you should be able to find more sites in higher industrial level systems, next time u are tripping would love to see some stats including the level. :)

Ive been again several times in nullsec and tried to bring the hints and adises from here into my travel plans. And i have to admit, this is a new point for me i did not use in the past:

When arrived in nullsec i checked the nearby systems for their industrial level. In player sov this is somewhat useful, profit raised quickly :) On the flipside this strategy is not changing anything to npc sov profit, because the industrial level of a system in npc sov has apparently no impact at all.

Still the npc sov has by far more sites than any player sov i found, independend from industrial level of the player sov systems.

Well, just adapt to it and fine. Thanks for the informations.
Sheeana Harb
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-08-06 19:11:16 UTC
Ikonia wrote:
So, whats up with this? Is it just my experience? Did i really have that bad luck? Or do i miss something posted by the devs somewhere? Any information would be great. Thanks in advance.

I think it might just be a bad luck. The sample you've provided isn't particularly large to make any conclusion. Maybe there were 'sweepers' just a few jump in front of you...