These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

I love this guy's attitude

First post
Author
Nose' Feliciano
#1 - 2014-08-02 15:08:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Nose' Feliciano
http://youtu.be/diiHcy1zO98 <--and a solo player to boot Shocked

He makes EVE look fun. CCP, you need to advertise more "fun' and less "serious" sides of EVE.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-08-02 17:36:54 UTC
Petitioned for lack of my name in OP.
Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2014-08-02 17:48:15 UTC
As so often i can't watch the video because i live in a stupid country Roll
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#4 - 2014-08-02 19:24:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Pahrdi
Tao Dolcino wrote:
As so often i can't watch the video because i live in a stupid country Roll

Same here.

Ugh

Remove standings and insurance.

Lucian Trask
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-08-02 19:24:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucian Trask
I watch his vids aswel. I also love his attitude. He is new to the game well fairly new so has zero burn out.

However you need to consider that his attitude towards the game in regards to taking risks with limited xp and sp. are due to him having ALOT of isk far more isk than a new player would normally have. He gains a lot of isk from his buddy program link and player donations. He would not be so upbeat about losing ships etc if he didn't have a lot of isk . He's just a excited new player who doesn't have to grind isk like other newbee's

Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris

Lanie Askulf
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-08-02 19:42:40 UTC
Lucian Trask wrote:
He's just a excited new player who doesn't have to grind isk like other newbee's

Not necessarily true. My industry corp is chock full of rich players who whinge about losing ships they can easily afford to replace. Conversely, I know many BNI members who can hardly afford their losses and yet enjoy the sound of a pod going squish. OP is right, it's about attitude. If you're playing the game for whatever random amusement you get rather than for the narrow purpose of increasing asset value then you will have more fun.

Of course, many players, myself included, also think it's fun to make heaps to isk too. Lol
Lucian Trask
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2014-08-02 21:22:00 UTC
Lanie Askulf wrote:
Lucian Trask wrote:
He's just a excited new player who doesn't have to grind isk like other newbee's

Not necessarily true. My industry corp is chock full of rich players who whinge about losing ships they can easily afford to replace. Conversely, I know many BNI members who can hardly afford their losses and yet enjoy the sound of a pod going squish. OP is right, it's about attitude. If you're playing the game for whatever random amusement you get rather than for the narrow purpose of increasing asset value then you will have more fun.

Of course, many players, myself included, also think it's fun to make heaps to isk too. Lol

Those rich old players are grumpy old burnt out husks. To be new and rich is very rare.. this guy being getting isk from making youtube vids, buddy programs and donations etc. And good for him I love his vids. I was just pointing out that its the reason he's got a great attitude.

Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaeris

Litair
Nleesh
#8 - 2014-08-02 21:26:56 UTC
Lanie Askulf wrote:
Lucian Trask wrote:

I would dare say most noobs are quite poor though. I see a lot of month old characters still mining in their ventures, so I can kinda understand why they wouldn't want to risk too much if that's what they have to fall back on to replace the ISK.

But.. you are right of course that you can have fun without having a ton of ISK, and finding slightly more amusing ways to earn said ISK can also help making losses more bearable :p
Lanie Askulf
Doomheim
#9 - 2014-08-02 21:33:54 UTC
Litair wrote:
Lanie Askulf wrote:
Lucian Trask wrote:

I would dare say most noobs are quite poor though. I see a lot of month old characters still mining in their ventures, so I can kinda understand why they wouldn't want to risk too much if that's what they have to fall back on to replace the ISK.

But.. you are right of course that you can have fun without having a ton of ISK, and finding slightly more amusing ways to earn said ISK can also help making losses more bearable :p

You can definitely stay poor a long time trying to highsec mine in a venture. That much is for sure. Hopefully most newbs come to grips with that sooner rather than later.
ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#10 - 2014-08-02 21:38:14 UTC
Personal attack post was removed.

Forum rule 4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Marsha Mallow
#11 - 2014-08-02 21:47:18 UTC
Lucian Trask wrote:
Those rich old players are grumpy old burnt out husks. To be new and rich is very rare...

Rich players who still log in and do stuff are generally quite cheerful. 1t plus is rich btw, not the berks who burn themselves out grinding into a super then rage quit.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Pix Severus
Empty You
#12 - 2014-08-02 22:20:36 UTC
I've been watching his videos for a while now, his early exploration stuff is especially good viewing.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

De'Veldrin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2014-08-02 22:21:02 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Lucian Trask wrote:
Those rich old players are grumpy old burnt out husks. To be new and rich is very rare...

Rich players who still log in and do stuff are generally quite cheerful. 1t plus is rich btw, not the berks who burn themselves out grinding into a super then rage quit.

I have 5 billion ISK, 43 frigates, and two entire regions of war targets. I feel pretty rich atm.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Marsha Mallow
#14 - 2014-08-02 22:55:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Marsha Mallow
De'Veldrin wrote:
I feel pretty rich atm.

Priceless P
For everything else, shoot a blue. And try pin the blame on them.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Rastafarian God
#15 - 2014-08-03 00:56:33 UTC
I finally got home from work and could watch this.

My main is an older player now (2009) and I dont consider myself rich. Probably because I am more concerned with having fun then being a rich SOV holding bastard. Some newer players consider me rich though since Its not common for me to see people older then I am in the areas I work in. When I see someone my age or older... something is usually either going on or people are hauling out of null. I've given 10 mil to month old guys just because they where cool. I suppose if I sold everything I would have one hell of a chunk of change but still.

Because I prefer the type of gameplay the guy in the video does and I still want to make the game fun, but at the same time can fly a lot of stuff and know how to make isk when I need, Ive never ventured away from lowsec / WH trolling like this. Believe it or not, there are people like me that are training there alts for Jump freighters that still go out of there way to have simple fun and be goofy.

Our little corp actually left a large alliance that fought in the tourneys, because we got tired of the crap in favor for this type of thing. Like the rage quit mail earlier today, we got tired of being the alliance leaders *****. We where in there main PVP corp before starting our own smaller corp in the alliance crap but it wasnt enough so we left. Now we are a handfull of people trying to find new members like this guy.

We are struggling at the moment because we are small and we are all old enough to the point that most people leave at this point but we consider ourselves to be part of the small outcast group of EVE that prefers to laugh our asses off and actually play the game when we get together. We believe that lowsec / NPC null, and WH space shenanigans either solo like that guy or in small groups where everyone knows eachother is the best way to play.

The hell with taking orders or paying rent.. we gunna have fun and and show the loudmouths one for given the chance. And if we loose a ship or 6 along the way whatever. A smaller group that knows what they are doing picking off a few peope from a larger group following orders from one person that knows what they are doing is always more fun.

I like that guy.

Nephilims Girl
Sleeper Systems
#16 - 2014-08-03 06:20:01 UTC
trust me when you have no isk like me EVE sucks
Hemel Keynes
Doomheim
#17 - 2014-08-03 08:01:51 UTC
I like his attitude. I don't like his editing.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#18 - 2014-08-03 09:18:38 UTC
Hemel Keynes wrote:
I like his attitude. I don't like his editing.

+1, hate those cuts
Miss Masquerade
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-08-03 11:32:48 UTC
Nice vid, editing was not all THAT bad imo.

Good stuff, keep em coming!
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#20 - 2014-08-03 13:05:30 UTC
Yes, but remember that the game is impossible for new players to get into and you will be useless and not stand a chance for years. Right? Right?!
12Next page