These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Spooking is the New ~Meta~

Author
Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#21 - 2014-08-02 10:00:06 UTC
Jur Tissant wrote:
I never really understood the appeal of it. OK, so you made some accidentally join a channel? And?

He can briefly delude himself that people want to be in a chat channel with him.
Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#22 - 2014-08-02 10:00:52 UTC
Pretty pathetic, isn't it?
Claud Tiberius
Shadows of Eden
#23 - 2014-08-02 10:03:16 UTC
The guy is winning at life. No need to be jealous. You can do it to.

Once upon a time the Golem had a Raven hull and it looked good. Then it transformed into a plataduck. The end.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2014-08-02 10:40:43 UTC

I see this has become one of the more popular Kronos features.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2014-08-02 11:06:46 UTC
Welcome to two years ago.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#26 - 2014-08-02 11:30:14 UTC
This is pretty "meh" but I am sure it's still more exciting than mining or mission running
Serene Repose
#27 - 2014-08-02 11:33:57 UTC
Xenuria, Xenuria. All these previous posters were (actually) being nice to you about this. If you're aware of me then you also know being nice isn't really my forte. Brutally honest? Whenever possible, and for this I have to tell you you're either seriously delusional or in need of a dictionary. Why? Because, you didn't trick anyone. This thing of yours isn't a trick. No one was fooled, unless (and this I strongly suspect) you're fooling yourself.

Thing is, no one knows where a link takes you till you get there. Choosing to click on a link to see where it leads isn't fooling anyone. Putting bogus text to mask the link's destination doesn't trick anyone, either. I've been doing it for years, and by years I mean since 1996 on my first website. (That was on Geocities...you guys remember Geocities don't you?)

If you're going to take the time and effort to create a video and post it on the internet, try doing something that makes sense. Even posting pictures of your cat may seem dumb to some, but compared to your video about "tricking" people, cat picture posting is digital brilliance.

So, please take my advice. The next time you plan to go to all that bother just to make an outrageous claim, take a moment and use a dictionary to be sure you're really doing what it is you think you're doing.

Sincerely,

Serene

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Xenuria
#28 - 2014-08-02 11:42:27 UTC
I strongly feel that CCP should give early access to the otherwise private part of the API which allowes the tracking of who has been trickt.

This way I can query the database to see all the novel data about who got spookt
Serene Repose
#29 - 2014-08-02 12:10:27 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
I strongly feel that CCP should give early access to the otherwise private part of the API which allowes the tracking of who has been trickt.

This way I can query the database to see all the novel data about who got spookt
I see the elevator doesn't reach the top here. One fry short of a happy meal, are we?

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#30 - 2014-08-02 12:21:10 UTC
.... thinks folks should eat more waffles... with real syrup... not that gunky corn juice stuff that gives you Diabetes and your daily dose of Christ-only-knows how many toxins the fertilizers and pesticides contain....

just saying.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

De'Veldrin
The Suicide Kings
Dreadbomb.
#31 - 2014-08-02 12:56:05 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

I see this has become one of the more popular Kronos features.

And I, for one, thank you for that James. If I can find a reputable delivery service, I'll send you a fruit basket to VFK.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

De'Veldrin
The Suicide Kings
Dreadbomb.
#32 - 2014-08-02 12:58:57 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

I see the elevator doesn't reach the top here. One fry short of a happy meal, are we?

The phrase you are looking for is "nuttier than squirrel poo".

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#33 - 2014-08-02 13:08:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Needs more pssssshhh and less deluded, self important, fedora wearing posters.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

RoAnnon
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#34 - 2014-08-02 13:18:34 UTC  |  Edited by: RoAnnon
Belt Scout wrote:
Op needs to get laid or something.

Yes, but think about it: who doesn't?

Felicity Love wrote:
.... thinks folks should eat more waffles...

mmMMmm waffles!

So, you're a bounty hunter. No, that ain't it at all. Then what are you? I'm a bounty hunter.

Broadcast4Reps

Eve Vegas 2015 Pub Crawl Group 9

Houston EVE Meet

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2014-08-02 13:35:10 UTC
So you create a vague link. If someone is remotely interested in finding out what your link is about and click on it, you claim victory? And then make a Youtube video on how to do this?

And they're the dummies?

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2014-08-02 13:41:15 UTC
Dumb as f*ck.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#37 - 2014-08-02 14:04:23 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
Dumb as f*ck.

You are just mad because she challenges your position as the forum poster with the worst posts/threads.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#38 - 2014-08-02 14:13:35 UTC
RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2014-08-02 14:21:54 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:
Dumb as f*ck.

You are just mad because she challenges your position as the forum poster with the worst posts/threads.

i thought I was competeing with you.
Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#40 - 2014-08-02 14:22:38 UTC
I will say this as almost as exciting for me as Seagull being made exec producer.

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Previous page123Next page