These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

FW Mission Fix That Wont Happen But Will Make Me Look Magnanimous! ;)

Author
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#1 - 2014-08-02 00:09:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
1) No more FW missions.

2) No more random plex spawns (Facility, Instillation, Stronghold, Compound), after downtime or any other time.

The idea;

- Faction war agents will now offer plexes instead of missions (Strongholds).

-L1 agents = Novice. L2 agents = Small. L3 agents = Medium. L4 agents = Large.

-These are spawned randomly throughout the warzone and function identically to the outposts.

-These missions should offer a reward greater than that of an outpost (double?).

-If spawned in a system you own the LP payout is penalised the same as a normal plex (though the base LP is higher as per above) so 75% of the offensive rate then subject to contested level.

-Wherever they spawn they count as an offensive or defensive plex in VP terms (20VP).

-Heavy penalties for cycling missions for desirable locations.

-This should be implemented the very moment gallente lose their current tier 4!

I personally dont have a problem with FW missions but some people do. This would be a way to add a strategic layer onto occupancy war.

Main problem i see, if the enemy folds, like the cadari at present, having no missions to fall back on would effectively remove any earning potential from FW.

Just a thought, thanks for reading.
Mabego Tetrimon
Spiritus Draconis
#2 - 2014-08-02 00:47:14 UTC
so you wanna kill best isk in game? exactly why?
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#3 - 2014-08-02 00:57:49 UTC
To show how magnanimous i am.

Though, id prefer it to happen after WE lose tier 4.
Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-08-02 04:57:29 UTC
We won't lose T3/4 until CCP patches plex rats.

Most Caldari don't know how to solo plex.
Dan Carter Murray
#5 - 2014-08-02 07:37:42 UTC
your worst idea to date. congratulations. i didn't think you had it in you m8.

http://mfi.re/?j7ldoco 50GB free space @ MediaFire.com

Phox Jorkarzul
Deep Void Merc Syndicate
#6 - 2014-08-02 08:49:51 UTC
Dan Carter Murray wrote:

Disagree. You need to spend more time on coms with Crosi you would hear some worst ideas. As for this one, I'll support it, sounds solid to me, and would be interesting to see.

Blasters for life

https://neverpheedthetroll.blogspot.com

Aktonn
#7 - 2014-08-02 09:32:17 UTC
This will take away a corps ability to choose what system to flip. In fact with the amount of systems there are in faction war you might never flip a system due to the randomness of it all.

It would also mean that i cant take a quick jump from Ichoriya and either find an open plex to pvp in or make my own. If my mission told me to go all the way to hevirce i might think "**** it, couldn't be bothered". Its that kind of accessibility to pvp that appeals to many players.

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#8 - 2014-08-02 10:08:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Aktonn wrote:
This will take away a corps ability to choose what system to flip. In fact with the amount of systems there are in faction war you might never flip a system due to the randomness of it all.

It would also mean that i cant take a quick jump from Ichoriya and either find an open plex to pvp in or make my own. If my mission told me to go all the way to hevirce i might think "**** it, couldn't be bothered". Its that kind of accessibility to pvp that appeals to many players.

Your reading comprehension needs a little polish.

There would still be the 4 non random re-spawning Outposts per system, just not the wandering plexes (Facility, Instillation, Stronghold, Compound), you know, exactly what i put in the OP.

Dan Carter Murray wrote:

Ive got a long way to go before any of my ideas hit a level of badnitude as even your best.
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#9 - 2014-08-02 10:14:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Bad Messenger
no

edit: you should remove agents and missions totally
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#10 - 2014-08-02 10:18:47 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:
no

edit: you should remove agents and missions totally

I wouldnt expected you to relinquish the last of your timezones after downtime spawn advantage BM, anyways, dont you have some dplexing to do?
Aktonn
#11 - 2014-08-02 10:19:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Aktonn
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Aktonn wrote:

Your reading comprehension needs a little polish.

Yeah youre right it does. Carry on..

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#12 - 2014-08-02 10:58:43 UTC
No clue why you bros don´t like fw missions. I LOVE them.
I even could imagine to make a nice living from all that bomber loot. Lol

@crossi: NOOOOOOOOO!
Worst idea ever. All you get is gatecamps 24/7.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Arla Sarain
#13 - 2014-08-02 11:07:39 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

Followed by removal of gatecamps by the opposition. They'd have to start somewhere or live in highsec forever.
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#14 - 2014-08-02 11:09:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
No clue why you bros don´t like fw missions. I LOVE them.
I even could imagine to make a nice living from all that bomber loot. Lol

@crossi: NOOOOOOOOO!

The inspiration for this is flying round in pve boats avoiding fights running missions. Just thinking of the health of lowsec over the health of my wallet.

I do not recognise any catalyst for increased gate camping.
Moglarr
Operation Meatshield
#15 - 2014-08-02 13:58:54 UTC
I like the idea. However, I would still like to see the wandering plexes. My take on it being a mission plex spawns in the system the agent says they want more influence in, if you don't cap it then you fail the mission and whatever comes from that. Success and you gain some LP and pay from the mission agent. I do think the LP offered from the mission plexes should be higher since we'd be expecting people to leave their comfort zone to run them, however completion of the mission could be what provides the LP. I would be excited to live in the magical world where this suggestion was possible, but I have no idea how the mission would know who closed the plex.
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#16 - 2014-08-02 14:04:40 UTC
idea about random plexes in random systems by missions is nothing new, 1st plexing system was like that and it did not really work.

current plex spawn system is fine, it makes possible to fight for certain system, before you had to attack whole region.

so getting random plexes from missions does not really work, as well you can remove missions.
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#17 - 2014-08-02 15:24:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Bad Messenger wrote:
idea about random plexes in random systems by missions is nothing new, 1st plexing system was like that and it did not really work.

current plex spawn system is fine, it makes possible to fight for certain system, before you had to attack whole region.

so getting random plexes from missions does not really work, as well you can remove missions.

Current outposts would remain unchanged. This is not a return to full random spawns.

Only wandering spawns and missions would be removed and replaced with agent plexes.

The added strategic layer of this is during an offensive, your fleet can either hold ground and take the regular outposts. Or you can spread out (perhaps risk losing some plexes in doing so), speak to agents and see if you can get agent plexes offered to you in your target system.

As much as anything else this would fix the after downtime spawn advantage and remove another avenue incentivised evasion farming. Could also encourage people to fly further afield and fight harder for their site. LP would be rewarded in the same way as now, whoever is present when the site closes gets a share of the LP, even if the original site owner isnt present.

Some sort of site rationing might be needed, either on the agent level or a max number of agent plexes open in a system at a time.
Ashlar Vellum
Esquire Armaments
#18 - 2014-08-03 00:18:30 UTC
Yes please. Big smile
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#19 - 2014-08-03 04:43:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
what problem would it solve? Tbh i don't know why those "special" installation/facility plexes are actually stil here, since they always seemed like an artefact of an old/unfinished system. Converting them into missions won't make it more exciting or interesting however.

CCP could remove them and most in FW wouldn't even notice (unless you are a farmer and farm right after downtime where all pop up at once.. which wouldn't work anymore).

Missions are quite broken (esp those you can do without npc agro) but they are also rather harmless since they don't influence sov.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#20 - 2014-08-03 11:24:18 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
what problem would it solve?

One more type of evasion farming.

123Next page