These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Why is the Jita Market on a Full on Nosedive?

Author
Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#21 - 2014-08-01 01:40:55 UTC
Oh yeah, the value of all those hulks and macks I was building as fast as I could with 4 industry characters, 2 POS's and a crapton of component BPC's for the last 6 weeks or so before things got Cirius is dropping like a rock. PCool

Happy with my Orca and Obelisk stash, drone stash and a couple freighter loads of selected T2 mods also.

Money wise it's gonna be great for me, just starting to sell a few things.

Lots of the mechanics and the overall plan behind it leave a lot to be desired.

The state of the software as released is just plain embarrassing to CCP, or it least it should be.

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#22 - 2014-08-01 21:37:07 UTC
... mmmmmmmmmmm... market opportunities by the hauler-load this summer ... why is everyone so sad ? P

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Nickerbogger Altol
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2014-08-08 21:19:00 UTC
You are forgetting on small issue, the production times of a lot of good running products got a hell of a lot faster. And there is no limit anymore on how many people can build.

So the supply increases while the demand stays the same, therefore the price of stuff that falls in does categories starts to drop, margins getting smaller, but the same time the ressources that are needed to build get more expensive. Because we are building faster.

But there are also items that have an increased production time does go up in price but does are usually items that are not that needed or dont have that much movement on the market to feed that many industry guys.
Dave PSI
Haendlergilde
Gilde Alliance
#24 - 2014-08-11 23:56:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Dave PSI
At least for many T2 Modules the answer is simple. CCP changed the production times of most (all ???) T2 BPOs. I don't know if that was intentional or by someone with no clue (my assumption).

The output of all T2 Ship BPOs where massive lowered (in general the output is only 1/2 to 1/3 from before), except for some high demanded ships (Hulk, Mackinaw etc.) the market was for o good part covered by the T2 Ship BPO owners. The only numbers i have where from CCP Diagoras in 2012 (Hulk 90%, Ishtar 66%, Heretic 13%, Eagle 6% ... from invention) .
That is no longer the case so you see not only a rise in prices i also bet they won't settle fast.

CCP did the exact opposite for T2 Module BPOs, except for small weapons and a few other modules, the output of all T2 Module BPOs doubled or trippled (for example 250mm Railgun from ca. 350 to 1020, Tachyon from 250 to 700 per month). All modules which aren't in a very high demand will be very unprofitable in the future. I also have thesame old numbers from 2012: Gyrostabs 94%, Tachyon 82%, Improved Cloak 55%, Cap Recharger 22% from invention. Even "good" BPOs like Improved Cloak and Cap Recharger* will be crap in the future, because the BPO owners will be sufficient to fill the market completely and profit for everyone will drop.

The inventors have to focus on the few high in demand modules / modules with no T2 BPOs (see these prices also drop) and perhaps ships???

*edit: sorry Cap Recharger II was a bad example, output was lowered after the Crius.
Zexy Jeffries
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2014-08-15 13:31:25 UTC
Ppl forget that ccp isnt done with the invention changes.
Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#26 - 2014-08-16 00:12:03 UTC
HORAE Deteis wrote:
I have notised - almost all modules and stuff on the market is in a downward spiral most even to a 1/3 of the standard average a few months back?

What happened

Only Item actully climbing is PLEX?

You notise this if you try and sell modules gained from missions etc. most items I have inspected have a Price history graph going sharply DOWN since June 2014 ?

HD

EGRESS IMMEDIATELY.

yes

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#27 - 2014-08-17 05:24:04 UTC
Dave PSI wrote:
At least for many T2 Modules the answer is simple. CCP changed the production times of most (all ???) T2 BPOs. I don't know if that was intentional or by someone with no clue (my assumption).

The output of all T2 Ship BPOs where massive lowered (in general the output is only 1/2 to 1/3 from before), except for some high demanded ships (Hulk, Mackinaw etc.) the market was for o good part covered by the T2 Ship BPO owners. The only numbers i have where from CCP Diagoras in 2012 (Hulk 90%, Ishtar 66%, Heretic 13%, Eagle 6% ... from invention) .
That is no longer the case so you see not only a rise in prices i also bet they won't settle fast.

CCP did the exact opposite for T2 Module BPOs, except for small weapons and a few other modules, the output of all T2 Module BPOs doubled or trippled (for example 250mm Railgun from ca. 350 to 1020, Tachyon from 250 to 700 per month). All modules which aren't in a very high demand will be very unprofitable in the future. I also have thesame old numbers from 2012: Gyrostabs 94%, Tachyon 82%, Improved Cloak 55%, Cap Recharger 22% from invention. Even "good" BPOs like Improved Cloak and Cap Recharger* will be crap in the future, because the BPO owners will be sufficient to fill the market completely and profit for everyone will drop.

The inventors have to focus on the few high in demand modules / modules with no T2 BPOs (see these prices also drop) and perhaps ships???

*edit: sorry Cap Recharger II was a bad example, output was lowered after the Crius.

Even modules that are in high demand (Light Neutron Blaster II) are in freefall. I'm selling the stash I had put aside for personal use (about 200 gank catalysts worth).

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Qmamoto Kansuke
Killing with pink power
Penguins with lasorz
#28 - 2014-08-17 17:39:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Qmamoto Kansuke
And people keep saying eve industry is healthy, it has been more than few people pointing out that at this producing speed the supply far exceeds the demand....
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#29 - 2014-08-17 23:15:50 UTC
Qmamoto Kansuke wrote:
And people keep saying eve industry is healthy, it has been more than few people pointing out that at this producing speed the supply far exceeds the demand....

EVE has always had massive overproduction because most players do not mind sitting on enormous amounts of ships and modules they can see future uses for.

IIRC last year, production was around 2.5 quadrillion ISK and destruction only a third of that amount.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Jace Sarice
#30 - 2014-08-18 20:26:15 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Qmamoto Kansuke wrote:

EVE has always had massive overproduction because most players do not mind sitting on enormous amounts of ships and modules they can see future uses for.

IIRC last year, production was around 2.5 quadrillion ISK and destruction only a third of that amount.

This. Overproduction has been a constant theme in EVE.

As usual, things will stabilize within three months of significant changes. Once the dust has settled, whatever remains will be considered the new norm except by those that refuse to adapt to changes and instead choose to incessantly whine about the good old days before they stopped educating themselves on the current situation.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#31 - 2014-08-19 17:40:47 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

*shrug*

I'm managing to sell everything I make at a profit.

Though I don't doubt that there are people losing ISK by manufacturing the wrong items.
Dirk Decibel
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2014-08-20 12:44:53 UTC
I noticed (high sec) ice taking a nose dive as well, just got back to EVE so haven't been keeping up on game change mechanics, so what's up? Reprocessing changes causing this nose dive?
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#33 - 2014-08-20 22:25:53 UTC
Dirk Decibel wrote:
I noticed (high sec) ice taking a nose dive as well, just got back to EVE so haven't been keeping up on game change mechanics, so what's up? Reprocessing changes causing this nose dive?

No. Industry changes: a POS is no longer required, as NPC stations have unlimited slots.
BigDaddyCB
Aurora Security
#34 - 2014-08-21 09:12:35 UTC
I just don't understand why I am being undercut by 100,000's of isk. What happened to the penny game? It seems like a deliberate action to reduce the Price on many of the Modules I trade. I'll even buy the cheaper modules and undercut myself .01 to make 500K on the new modules just to have someone show up and force the price down again.

I would lose billions if I followed these lemmings off the cliff.... Bear
Elizabeth Norn
Nornir Research
Nornir Empire
#35 - 2014-08-21 09:42:56 UTC
BigDaddyCB wrote:
I just don't understand why I am being undercut by 100,000's of isk. What happened to the penny game? It seems like a deliberate action to reduce the Price on many of the Modules I trade. I'll even buy the cheaper modules and undercut myself .01 to make 500K on the new modules just to have someone show up and force the price down again.

I would lose billions if I followed these lemmings off the cliff.... Bear

How often will you buy modules underpriced by 100k ISK?
Dirk Decibel
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2014-08-22 10:21:19 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Dirk Decibel wrote:

No. Industry changes: a POS is no longer required, as NPC stations have unlimited slots.

Thank you very much good sir. Smile
Previous page12