These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Is CCP Seagull going to do another AMA on Reddit?

First post
Author
Clolo
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-07-30 23:18:08 UTC
I think the last one was pretty successful. She should do another one, or maybe drop in from time to time and answer some of the questions the community is posing to her.
wheniaminjail
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-07-30 23:25:21 UTC
I think I already know what questions I have lined up for her

#freewheniaminspace

Nolak Ataru
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2014-07-30 23:26:43 UTC
Having read a part of her last "AMA".... dont you think this should be titled "Will CCP Seagull do a real AMA without all the handwaving to explain why she cant talk about X?"
Crazey Monkey
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-07-30 23:28:38 UTC
wheniaminjail wrote:

What would give you any idea what reddit would want to ask her?
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-07-30 23:29:45 UTC
wheniaminjail wrote:

Yes let's ask EVE's executive producer about some random dumbass that got banned from the game for breaking the rules. I'm sure she definitely had some part in that. Maybe she orchestrated the whole thing.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Clolo
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-07-30 23:35:05 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
wheniaminjail wrote:

Yes let's ask EVE's executive producer about some random dumbass that got banned from the game for breaking the rules. I'm sure she definitely had some part in that. Maybe she orchestrated the whole thing.

Please do not tarnish my thread. I don't want ISD to come in and close it. I'm interested in another AMA. They're fun and engaging.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#7 - 2014-07-30 23:36:38 UTC
I'd imagine they might if the interest was high enough.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-07-30 23:40:52 UTC
She shouldn't be using a website that provides support to child abusers. If she does another Q&A it should be hosted somewhere other than reddit.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#9 - 2014-07-31 02:17:40 UTC
Why not use some CCP controlled forums where everyone can read rather than only those players who use Reddit?
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#10 - 2014-07-31 02:19:50 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Why not use some CCP controlled forums where everyone can read rather than only those players who use Reddit?

Less people read these forums than read Reddit.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

John E Normus
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#11 - 2014-07-31 02:22:22 UTC
The Complaints Dept channel on the minerbumping TS server would be perfect!

Just putting that out there...

Between Ignorance and Wisdom

BadAssMcKill
Aliastra
#12 - 2014-07-31 02:23:15 UTC
Rhes wrote:
She shouldn't be using a website that provides support to child abusers. If she does another Q&A it should be hosted somewhere other than reddit.

Yea she should post it to SA so only people who pay 10$ can see all the answers
Morihei Akachi
Doomheim
#13 - 2014-07-31 12:04:40 UTC
Rhes wrote:

Reddit does not provide support to child abusers.

"Enduring", "restrained" and "ample" as designations for starship components are foreign to the genre of high-tech science fiction and don’t belong in Eve Online. (And as for “scoped” …)

Capqu
Half Empty
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#14 - 2014-07-31 12:14:55 UTC
Morihei Akachi wrote:
Rhes wrote:

Reddit no longer provides support to all child abusers, however a lot remain.

fixed ur post
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#15 - 2014-07-31 12:26:28 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

And if CCP keeps using Reddit, well, how is that ever going to change / improve these Forums ? Back Asswards approach, as usual.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-07-31 14:10:02 UTC
Morihei Akachi wrote:
Rhes wrote:

Reddit does not provide support to child abusers.

Do you realize the monumental amount of bad press that had to be generated before they even when that far? And there are still dozens of gross subreddits where that crap still goes on.

Not to mention that reddit has also become a hub for MRAs and bigots.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#17 - 2014-07-31 14:15:53 UTC
Clolo wrote:
I think the last one was pretty successful. She should do another one, or maybe drop in from time to time and answer some of the questions the community is posing to her.

I hope she's too busy right now.

There's a lot to do.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2014-07-31 14:33:19 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
wheniaminjail wrote:

It was one of CCP Soundwave's last acts still coded in the game. This has to be it.
Garresh
Mackies Raiders
Wild Geese.
#19 - 2014-07-31 17:47:47 UTC
It was a good AMA but there were so many unanswered questions because "reasons". Shame too cause Seagull actually is a pretty baller ass dev who actually knows her ****.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Serptimis
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2014-07-31 19:39:09 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

And if CCP keeps using Reddit, well, how is that ever going to change / improve these Forums ? Back Asswards approach, as usual.

Perhaps the next AMA should be conducted in Jita local. Could just set up a bot to answer ' I cant talk about that' in response to each question.
12Next page