These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Venture Kills Competition - Brought to you by Code.

First post First post
Author
Zero Sum Gain
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOM
#121 - 2014-07-30 20:46:17 UTC
Jaxi Wreckful wrote:
Scumbag Capsuleer:
"Cries about CODE. sanctioned event that involves ganking ventures. Does nothing to save said pilots."

Perhaps a month long competition supported by you Venture sympathizers which involves:

- Most prevented ganks
- Most kills on -10 pilots in High-Sec
- Most ECM on -10 pilots

I believe Astecus tried something like this for a while but he is just one man. Perhaps you bears need less words and more actions.

I'd also like to point out that assuming a noob is ganked in a Venture, it's a way better loss than if we hit their Exhumer down the line because no one cared to inform them that we or others like us exist. I'm certain there are early game missions that provide you with 10+ Ventures. This thread full of tears is just further proof that we are the only ones who truly care about the fate of High-Sec.

High-Sec belongs to us, friends. You've already lost. At this point you're all just an audience so just sit back and enjoy. Lol

The Code always wins

Defending miners on the forum is an engaging, entertaining activity full of lively debate and human interaction in an online setting.

"Defending" miners in game is boring, pointless, fruitless, sad, depressing, lonely "activity" which is more akin to a staring contest against a mirror.

Which do you think people will choose?
Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#122 - 2014-07-30 20:48:04 UTC
Jaxi Wreckful wrote:

High-Sec belongs to us, friends. You've already lost. At this point you're all just an audience so just sit back and enjoy. Lol

I'm sure the 10 people who find you relevant in the 3 or so systems you patrol poorly will be impressed.

Petre en Thielles
Doomheim
#123 - 2014-07-30 20:51:07 UTC
Jaxi Wreckful wrote:
Scumbag Capsuleer:
"Cries about CODE. sanctioned event that involves ganking ventures. Does nothing to save said pilots."

Perhaps a month long competition supported by you Venture sympathizers which involves:

- Most prevented ganks
- Most kills on -10 pilots in High-Sec
- Most ECM on -10 pilots

I believe Astecus tried something like this for a while but he is just one man. Perhaps you bears need less words and more actions.

I'd also like to point out that assuming a noob is ganked in a Venture, it's a way better loss than if we hit their Exhumer down the line because no one cared to inform them that we or others like us exist. I'm certain there are early game missions that provide you with 10+ Ventures. This thread full of tears is just further proof that we are the only ones who truly care about the fate of High-Sec.

The Code always wins

How about a contest where we see how many kills New Order can get if they only attacked ships that can actually fight back?

I will throw in ISK for that contest.
Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#124 - 2014-07-30 20:55:18 UTC

Quote:
How about a contest where we see how many kills New Order can get if they only attacked ships that can actually fight back?

Ok well that is lame. The whole point of a fight is to fight unfairly, that way you win. Fighting something that doesn't fight back seems like good strategy.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#125 - 2014-07-30 21:03:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Yokai Mitsuhide
Delt0r Garsk wrote:

Quote:

Ok well that is lame. The whole point of a fight is to fight unfairly, that way you win. Fighting something that doesn't fight back seems like good strategy.

If you're shooting Ventures who are mining...it's not remotely considered a "fight"
This is more code stomping their feet and whining "PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"

I mean come on...it's a hulkageddon rip off with ships that are stupidly easy to kill. Where is the challenge or fun to be had with this?
Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#126 - 2014-07-30 21:06:48 UTC
You know what else is not a fight and not fun? Mining. Oh and indie crap.

Yet players pay subs and log on all the time to do these things.

Perhaps you shouldn't try and judge what is and is not fun for others.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#127 - 2014-07-30 21:11:57 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:

I'm not judging...but shooting a mining frigate isn't combat. And it's not a fight no matter how hard you close your eyes and wish it to be.
Rose of Shadow
Deep Lovin
#128 - 2014-07-30 21:13:40 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:

I'm not judging...but shooting a mining frigate isn't combat. And it's not a fight no matter how hard you close your eyes and wish it to be.

It's like punching babies in the face and laughing at them when they start to cry.

Some people seem to enjoy it.
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#129 - 2014-07-30 21:17:18 UTC
Can I add a prize for who comes last in the rankings?
Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#130 - 2014-07-30 21:28:49 UTC
I would like to add a Plex to first place. Have fun and good hunting!

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#131 - 2014-07-30 22:49:46 UTC
Rose of Shadow wrote:

It's like punching babies in the face and laughing at them when they start to cry.

What is wrong with you. It is not anymore like punching a baby in the face than its water boarding Obama.

Its effing venture's for gods sake. With a warp core strength of 2. This is a *game* where you get to shoot other space ships.

If you don't like games where people shoot other people in space ships, then perhaps eve is not for you.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Rose of Shadow
Deep Lovin
#132 - 2014-07-31 00:33:59 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Rose of Shadow wrote:

What is wrong with you. It is not anymore like punching a baby in the face than its water boarding Obama.

Its effing venture's for gods sake. With a warp core strength of 2. This is a *game* where you get to shoot other space ships.

If you don't like games where people shoot other people in space ships, then perhaps eve is not for you.

I shoot ships all the time. I love PvP Blink even though PvP doesn't seem to love me back .. haha. I'll get the hang of it in time Smile

The relevance of this competition is just... I don't know. I just don't see the point in shooting ventures. They don't shoot back and to get over the strengthened core you just have to change your fit a bit.

I guess if you're bored.. then go for it. But remember, there are many, many other less mind numbing activities to do in EVE Smile
John E Normus
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#133 - 2014-07-31 01:44:20 UTC
I will be shocked if I recruit less than 25 newbros by August 31st.

I will also enjoy chatting with these Venture pilots and having some "real talk" about eve. Help them get off on the right foot and try and break the newbro mining funnel.

Good Luck everyone!

Between Ignorance and Wisdom

Derrick Miles
Death Rabbit Ky Oneida
#134 - 2014-07-31 02:13:43 UTC
loyalanon wrote:

As an added bonus Code Alliance is willing to give another plex to the youngest venture pilot killer during the competition!

And CCP wonders why new player retention is so low.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#135 - 2014-07-31 02:15:44 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:

Besides freighters & jump freighters, name me a ship that New Order people like to shoot that cannot fight back.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#136 - 2014-07-31 02:28:11 UTC
People Die, Antigankers Cry and the Code just keeps on Winning!

Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

Be a part of the content creation this August!
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#137 - 2014-07-31 02:53:30 UTC  |  Edited by: NEONOVUS
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Petre en Thielles wrote:

Besides freighters & jump freighters, name me a ship that New Order people like to shoot that cannot fight back.

Shuttles and pods

loyalanon wrote:

So can i donate prizes or do I just wait for the contest to end then hope I get them to the right people?
loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#138 - 2014-07-31 03:00:48 UTC
NEONOVUS wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Petre en Thielles wrote:

Shuttles and pods

loyalanon wrote:

So can i donate prizes or do I just wait for the contest to end then hope I get them to the right people?

You can contract to me.
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#139 - 2014-07-31 03:03:10 UTC
Alright one venture for last place contracted.
Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#140 - 2014-07-31 03:42:06 UTC
NEONOVUS wrote:
Alright one venture for last place contracted.

Hahahah, I like it Blink

Guys new prizes are popping up, get ready to have fun and participate in emergent gameplay!

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet