These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

New Order of Highsec is one big protection-racket-scam, confirmation

First post
Author
Hannibal Crusoe
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-07-30 16:17:10 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
Hannibal Crusoe wrote:
It is
It is.
It is?

Punctuation in local is very important.

Please tell me this is an Equilibrium reference.

I did not intend it to be, but it could be.
Instead of temperature , it could be perception of eve culture as the variant .

Ride a white mare in the footsteps of dawn

Jur Tissant
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-07-30 16:31:28 UTC
I believe a protection racket involves money paid for protection from other entities. CODE is an extortion racket in that the money is meant to protect against themselves.
Varn Sotisarin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2014-07-30 16:34:13 UTC
Jur Tissant wrote:
I believe a protection racket involves money paid for protection from other entities. CODE is an extortion racket in that the money is meant to protect against themselves.

Ah, an excellent point... still, it's a scam none-the-less.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#24 - 2014-07-30 16:35:06 UTC
Also, why is this news?
Retar Aveymone
DJ's Retirement Fund
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2014-07-30 16:36:19 UTC
Varn Sotisarin wrote:
Jur Tissant wrote:

those who say it's a scam merely expose the depths of their own ignorance. those who purchase a permit get the indulgence they paid for, according to the terms they paid for it based on

Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#26 - 2014-07-30 16:38:44 UTC
Varn Sotisarin wrote:
Retar Aveymone wrote:
why am i not shocked that yet another highsec npc alt is suggesting everyone else should band together

Actually, veteran player here with my new Minmatar Roleplay character...

Also, not suggesting anything of the sort - Just think New Order should play a little more above-board.
Also-Also - players should know they have no regard for their own "Code" so paying them anything is a futile waste of ISK.

What are you going to do about it?

In-game, I mean.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#27 - 2014-07-30 16:46:20 UTC
Cats of Highsec!

Your owners are a protection racket!!

They keep you locked indoors, with only a scratching post, 1100 USD in cat toys, a litterbox that they clean only twice a day, and all the food and cat treats you can eat. This is above and beyond them allowing you to clean your netherregions with your tongue in front of company, allowing you to walk across their keyboards at inopportune times, and letting you plop down on their laps while reading or doing pretty much anything.

It turns out that this is a racket!

Your owners don't care about you. They only want to take pictures of you and make them into internet memes!

This cannot stand!

Cats of highsec, its time for you to band together! Rise up against your owners!!!

Its time to gank the hand that feeds you!

Its time to *ack* band toge..*ack* *ack* ther, because with m*ack* *ack* *ack* *wheeeeze* *Wheeeeeeze* *ackurrrrppppppblah*

Sorry. hairball.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#28 - 2014-07-30 17:00:21 UTC
Best part of this entire "drama" is that some people are STILL just figuring this out... P

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Varn Sotisarin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2014-07-30 17:02:29 UTC
Pheusia wrote:
Varn Sotisarin wrote:
Retar Aveymone wrote:
why am i not shocked that yet another highsec npc alt is suggesting everyone else should band together

Actually, veteran player here with my new Minmatar Roleplay character...

Also, not suggesting anything of the sort - Just think New Order should play a little more above-board.
Also-Also - players should know they have no regard for their own "Code" so paying them anything is a futile waste of ISK.

What are you going to do about it?

In-game, I mean.

I'm no miner, not looking to do anything beyond passing on a caution to those thinking of buying one of these phony "permits" :)
Retar Aveymone
DJ's Retirement Fund
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2014-07-30 17:07:24 UTC
Varn Sotisarin wrote:

I'm no miner, not looking to do anything beyond passing on a caution to those thinking of buying one of these phony "permits" :)

you've been doing a lot of impersonating in this thread, you really should be careful about that

you are an npc miner, and you should not claim otherwise
Varn Sotisarin
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2014-07-30 17:08:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Varn Sotisarin
Retar Aveymone wrote:
Varn Sotisarin wrote:
Jur Tissant wrote:

those who say it's a scam merely expose the depths of their own ignorance. those who purchase a permit get the indulgence they paid for, according to the terms they paid for it based on

Permit buys nothing, myself and others have witnessed agents (repeatedly) griefing those who have paid (and far as I can tell) have followed the "Code."

Retar Aveymone wrote:
Varn Sotisarin wrote:

you've been doing a lot of impersonating in this thread, you really should be careful about that

you are an npc miner, and you should not claim otherwise

Uh... nope. Mining skills are the same ones I got at character creation. Mission Runner as indicated and future member of Roleplaying Community. Zero interest in Space Rocks.

Anywho, I posted the warning I intended to pass-on, so back to something productive more productive then forum-arguments.

Hope it helps all the honest, hard-working miners out there in High Sec.

Fly free!

Varn

*leaves topic*
Hypercake Mix
#32 - 2014-07-30 17:17:49 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
Best part of this entire "drama" is that some people are STILL just figuring this out... P

STILL surprises me how effective the RP is.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#33 - 2014-07-30 17:21:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
It's an extortion racket not a protection racket, a permit only "protects" you from CODE., it doesn't "protect" you from other groups.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ra' zutao
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#34 - 2014-07-30 17:22:10 UTC
Retar Aveymone wrote:
Varn Sotisarin wrote:
Jur Tissant wrote:

Until they decide to blow up their own "permit holders" Which I have seen multiple times btw before I left for Nullsec.. so no you're not correct it is still a scam.
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2014-07-30 17:28:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibyyl
Varn Sotisarin wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:

That's regarding harassment... I'm simply showing how much the "Code" means to its Agents.
I'm saying paying them anything gaurantees you nothing.

Grr. Editing on a phone is tricky business. Let's try it again. Her post linked below explains why a 10m permit is inconsequential.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4790364#post4790364

Also relevant:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4793659#post4793659

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#36 - 2014-07-30 17:41:08 UTC
Ra' zutao wrote:
Retar Aveymone wrote:
Varn Sotisarin wrote:
Jur Tissant wrote:

Until they decide to blow up their own "permit holders" Which I have seen multiple times btw before I left for Nullsec.. so no you're not correct it is still a scam.

It is a permit, not an immunity card, if you get caught being a bot aspirant you will be fired upon - permit or no. If you have any doubts please contact James315 directly, keep your message concise and free of excess negative emotive language and terms of derision and of cursing and you may even be able to have things rolling early.

Varn Sotisarin wrote:
While I sat in Metropolis, chilling between missions, I saw this exchange in local chat:

Local Chat July 2014
(Miner's identities hIdden to prevent bullying.)

One of the New Order's own agents (after failing (not once - but twice!) to enforce the "code" on defenceless-non afk miners) confirmed that the entire Code nonsense is a scam... I know we all knew it anyway, but nice to see it in print.

Anyone else wish they'd do the fair/brave thing and form a corp/alliance so those who object to their methods have a recourse to return fire?

Just thought I'd share with the class.

Fly free! ...and if you spot an agent of the New Order - shoot to kill!

Varn

On to the topic at hand. Firstly you shouldn't post anyone's name on the forums, there is a chance you can have the ISD crackdown and it is common courtesy to keep all people confidential to prevent bullying, picking and choosing who you protect and who you don't based on negative emotions merely makes you a bully yourself, even though in this case you would be an ineffective one.

Secondly, no [email protected]$# sherlock

Finally, you couldn't even do a call to arms, just a generic message at the bottom. Is this what GD has come to? To not even put the effort in? I remember the proveldariat, now there was some people who tried.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2014-07-30 18:02:21 UTC
lol roleplayers

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Serene Repose
#38 - 2014-07-30 18:09:02 UTC
minors bumping - avert your gazes, it's just a memory you really don't wish

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Ryuu Towryk
Perkone
Caldari State
#39 - 2014-07-30 18:30:32 UTC
Oh noes, I mine without a permit!
Hope they don't gank my procurer.
Lol
Lady Areola Fappington
#40 - 2014-07-30 18:44:18 UTC
Oh ghod when did I become explainer person for CODE? It's OK, I don't mind the job.

Last I checked, it works like this. CODE generates the majority of it's income via funny stories posted on minerbumping. People read those, then hand us ISK. We make the kills, miners provide the tears, James weaves it into humor.

That goes into a big bucket to help fund our fun, subsidize new guys into ganking, things like that. Permit sales are a side income. Most Agents will keep the permit fee with the trust that they'll use it to further more ganking and such. Those of us who're obscenely rich just send it over to James, to dump in the pot.

Honestly, the more "attention" you pay to CODE, the more ISK we make. We WANT you to wardec us, make huge threads about us, complain, the whole nine yards. That's the content WE "mine", to turn into our ISK fund.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Previous page123Next page