These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Venture Kills Competition - Brought to you by Code.

First post First post
Author
Christina Project
Screaming Head in a Box.
#81 - 2014-07-30 14:42:26 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
Rose of Shadow wrote:
Even better, a gank the gankers "alliance".
Obviously.. since "CODE" is already established. Maybe the name should be something more like... De-CODE...

Feel free to establish one, but the difficulties of doing so are well documented.

If you used your actually brilliant mind to help ...
... instead of opposing all the time ...
... you wouldn't sound like the typical highseccer.

[i]"Don't look into another human's bowl to see how much he has ... ... look into his bowl to see if he has enough !" - Sol[/i]

S'Way
State War Academy
Caldari State
#82 - 2014-07-30 14:45:19 UTC
loyalanon wrote:

2. Kills must be made in High Security Space (1.0 - 0.5)

Would have been better to hold it in 0.9 - 0.5 or at least add "avoid newbie kills in rookie systems" in the OP.

Saying this because 1.0 systems are mostly rookie starter systems and the targetted ships are often flown by newbies - this might end up with some unintended mistakes. Yes all CODE probably knows the rules about that very well, but I doubt everyone wanting to take part in the event will. (and at least if you warn people about it then no-one can say CODE is encouraging newbie ganking).
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#83 - 2014-07-30 14:46:16 UTC
Soylent Jade wrote:
...... The only way this game could be nerdier is if our avatars were all anime and rode sparkly unicorns.

---> Features & Ideas Discussion

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#84 - 2014-07-30 14:58:54 UTC
Soylent Jade wrote:
Petre en Thielles wrote:
loyalanon wrote:
Let the tears begin !!! Big smileBig smileBig smile

New Order. The nerdy kids who were bullied in high school and now resort to bullying anyone who can't fight back in a video game to feel tough.

Very impressive champ. Pat yourself on the back and get yourself a cookie.

Anyone calling blowing up internet spaceships bullying needs a reality check, and denigrates victims of actual bullying. Grow the eff up.

I guess you don't get the irony of playing a spaceship based MMO and posting on an internet forum about it, while calling other people nerds. Everyone here is a nerd, bro. The only way this game could be nerdier is if our avatars were all anime and rode sparkly unicorns.

"Nothing reveals so much about us as how we play the games we play.""
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2014-07-30 15:01:43 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
After seeing those figures - wow. Something like 50% of the bots banned gamewide are Venture pilots.

Ventures are counted as 2,289 vs. 3,143 non-Ventures. That's 42% of *mining* bots.

Mining bots in April 2014 are outnumbered 3 to 2 by mission bots and 2 to 1 by ratting bots. I'll disregard the market bots for simplicity.

This makes Ventures (2,289 in number) a whopping 16% of the total bots (14,143).

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Belt Scout
Thread Lockaholics Anonymous
#86 - 2014-07-30 15:34:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Belt Scout
Poasting in a "Get yourself in trouble with CCP for ganking newbros in thier spawn system." thread.

Killing bambi's is weak. Ugh

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2014-07-30 15:48:49 UTC
It almosts seems like this is a troll thread from code with the lamest prize and most pointless target they could think of

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Thatt Guy
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2014-07-30 15:48:53 UTC
I thought specifically targeting new players, (such as miners in ventures) was a bannable offence according to CCP.
I also thought running a terrorist origination, designed to harass and grief players wasn't allowed.

Guess you just got to know who's arse to kiss so you can break the rules, harass new players, and bring shame upon the entirety of the EVE community.

And FYI:

ter·ror·ism [ter-uh-riz-uhm]

noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

Haters gonna hate, Trolls gonna troll.

Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#89 - 2014-07-30 15:52:52 UTC
Christina Project wrote:
Soylent Jade wrote:
Petre en Thielles wrote:
loyalanon wrote:
Let the tears begin !!! Big smileBig smileBig smile

New Order. The nerdy kids who were bullied in high school and now resort to bullying anyone who can't fight back in a video game to feel tough.

Very impressive champ. Pat yourself on the back and get yourself a cookie.

Anyone calling blowing up internet spaceships bullying needs a reality check, and denigrates victims of actual bullying. Grow the eff up.

I guess you don't get the irony of playing a spaceship based MMO and posting on an internet forum about it, while calling other people nerds. Everyone here is a nerd, bro. The only way this game could be nerdier is if our avatars were all anime and rode sparkly unicorns.

You are the one who needs a reality check.

There are real people playing this game,
many with abaolutely real and absolutely questionable personalities.

You can talk against it all you want and still the fact remains
that your silly group is attracting those who love to pick on others.

You can twist it all you want, but a personality is NEVER detachable from
what it does, even when simply playing a game! The fact that people have fun
picking on others MUST mean that there is something in their personality
THAT MAKES IT FUN FOR THEM!

These people are on BOTH sides on the equation...
... but your side is the one actively recruiting it.

I can't wait for your response! I have six options what you
will reply roughly and you will most likely pick one of them.
We already made bets here about that! XD

Don't let me down, i can win 50 bucks. (:

Were you trying to write a haiku?

I am not an alt of Chribba.

Ra' zutao
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2014-07-30 15:56:59 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
For what it's worth, until I saw the bot figures at FanFest, I encouraged my fellow Agents to not shoot Ventures.

After seeing those figures - wow. Something like 50% of the bots banned gamewide are Venture pilots.

And USA is at top place of list of IPs used by banned accounts but I don't see any antiUSA CODE initiatives. At least be more creative when finding excuses for this sh!t.

MURICA BUILT BOT TOUGH!!!
Grog Aftermath
Doomheim
#91 - 2014-07-30 16:07:48 UTC
Christina Project wrote:

You can twist it all you want, but a personality is NEVER detachable from
what it does, even when simply playing a game! The fact that people have fun
picking on others MUST mean that there is something in their personality
THAT MAKES IT FUN FOR THEM!

I agree with that.

To be able to role play a character successfully , what you do must be acceptable to you.

I can never role play bad or evil characters, because I get no enjoyment or satisfaction from role playing in such a way.

Doesn't mean you can't fight though if the cause is justified.

KATASKOPOS
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#92 - 2014-07-30 16:20:13 UTC
What? No Hulkageddon this year? This high-sec suicide think got so no balls at all......Big smile
Hypercake Mix
#93 - 2014-07-30 16:23:43 UTC
Recklessly killing Ventures on-sight seems rather dangerous to be doing as a contest...

Then again, the prize is pretty weak.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#94 - 2014-07-30 16:44:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Excluding kills of players <21 days in rookie systems or even all kills* in rookie systems from the competition is probably a good idea, especially if CODE. want to stay on the right side of the rules regarding newbies. Outside of the rookie systems, everyone is fair game.

*Personally I think they should go after the people that strip-mine the rookie systems in barges and exhumers, they're locusts that leave nothing for the newbies.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#95 - 2014-07-30 17:30:58 UTC
Can someone show me where it says that code are going to target rookie systems?

Otin Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
#96 - 2014-07-30 17:31:22 UTC
Can we please get back to CODE bashing.
I was getting a great laugh out of it.

I also like the whole "hearding cats" trying to get miners in HiSec to do something together.

Not to forget CODE warriors going after the newest and weakest ships .. only thing lower has to be n00b-ship gankers
Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#97 - 2014-07-30 17:40:34 UTC
Venture ganking...lmao
hahaha hahahahahahaaa
AHHHH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHA!!!!

CONTENT CREATION!!! LOLOLOLOLHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

my sides...
Hypercake Mix
#98 - 2014-07-30 17:43:22 UTC
loyalanon wrote:

Code probably won't, but some other idiot will.
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#99 - 2014-07-30 17:51:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Kitty Bear
Hypercake Mix wrote:
loyalanon wrote:

of course they won't
that would require taking risks

which is the same reason they continuously ignore all the ratting bots out in null
loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#100 - 2014-07-30 17:53:17 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:
Hypercake Mix wrote:
loyalanon wrote:

of course they wont
that would require taking risks

which is the same reason they continuously ignore all the ratting bots out in null

Can you provide me with some evidence to show that code has ever cared about null sec?