These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Venture Kills Competition - Brought to you by Code.

First post First post
Author
Soylent Jade
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2014-07-30 12:54:07 UTC
Petre en Thielles wrote:
loyalanon wrote:
Let the tears begin !!! Big smileBig smileBig smile

New Order. The nerdy kids who were bullied in high school and now resort to bullying anyone who can't fight back in a video game to feel tough.

Very impressive champ. Pat yourself on the back and get yourself a cookie.

Anyone calling blowing up internet spaceships bullying needs a reality check, and denigrates victims of actual bullying. Grow the eff up.

I guess you don't get the irony of playing a spaceship based MMO and posting on an internet forum about it, while calling other people nerds. Everyone here is a nerd, bro. The only way this game could be nerdier is if our avatars were all anime and rode sparkly unicorns.

Making hisec better...one Catalyst at a time

minerbumping.com

Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#62 - 2014-07-30 12:57:24 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Chil wrote:
Anyone got a decent Venture fit?

Thinking DCU 2, Med extender, couple of Invul hardners. Maybe Neuts in high & ECM drones? Would that survive long enough for Concord to show up?

Brb, need to go find it.

Edit: found it.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use tracking disruptors versus catalysts do look more like?
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2014-07-30 12:59:16 UTC
It seems likely that this competition** will buy you guys more bad publicity than anything.

**I use the word loosely since the prey is the ever-challenging rookie in a Venture.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Arkady Romanov
Whole Squid
#64 - 2014-07-30 13:00:53 UTC
Soylent Jade wrote:
The only way this game could be nerdier is if our avatars were all anime and rode sparkly unicorns.

Ahem

Whole Squid: Get Inked.

Christina Project
Screaming Head in a Box.
#65 - 2014-07-30 13:05:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Christina Project
Soylent Jade wrote:
Petre en Thielles wrote:
loyalanon wrote:

New Order. The nerdy kids who were bullied in high school and now resort to bullying anyone who can't fight back in a video game to feel tough.

Anyone calling blowing up internet spaceships bullying needs a reality check, and denigrates victims of actual bullying. Grow the eff up.

I guess you don't get the irony of playing a spaceship based MMO and posting on an internet forum about it, while calling other people nerds. Everyone here is a nerd, bro. The only way this game could be nerdier is if our avatars were all anime and rode sparkly unicorns.

You are the one who needs a reality check.

There are real people playing this game,
many with abaolutely real and absolutely questionable personalities.

You can talk against it all you want and still the fact remains
that your silly group is attracting those who love to pick on others.

You can twist it all you want, but a personality is NEVER detachable from
what it does, even when simply playing a game! The fact that people have fun
picking on others MUST mean that there is something in their personality
THAT MAKES IT FUN FOR THEM!

These people are on BOTH sides on the equation...
... but your side is the one actively recruiting it.

I can't wait for your response! I have six options what you
will reply roughly and you will most likely pick one of them.
We already made bets here about that! XD

Don't let me down, i can win 50 bucks. (:

[i]"Don't look into another human's bowl to see how much he has ... ... look into his bowl to see if he has enough !" - Sol[/i]

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2014-07-30 13:07:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibyyl
Chil wrote:
Anyone got a decent Venture fit?

Thinking DCU 2, Med extender, couple of Invul hardners. Maybe Neuts in high & ECM drones? Would that survive long enough for Concord to show up?

Look here.
http://www.eve-search.com/thread/179000-1/page/1

Rezard's fit in that thread is alright. Read through all the options (and the bogus options, too).

Edit: ECM drones is an interesting question. Rezard's fit doesn't technically need the Hobs because it can tank any highsec rat. But the ECM drones being helpful are a function of what you're able to interrupt in a gank. My opinion is the Venture is better off always aligned (which you should do anyway) and warping (un-preventable by a lone Cat pilot). The Hobs let you collect some meager bounty which isn't inconsequential for a rookie pilot (which interestingly you're not).

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Rose of Shadow
Deep Lovin
#67 - 2014-07-30 13:12:58 UTC
Sorry OP. I see no challenge in ganking Ventures.

I like to play this game to have fun, not to ruin other peoples fun Smile

It would be funny however if all the Ventures near starting areas were to have someone looking after them. Or a system police other than concord. (because obviously all the people looking for venture kills will go to a system near the starting zones.)

Even better, a gank the gankers "alliance".
Obviously.. since "CODE" is already established. Maybe the name should be something more like... De-CODE...

Just to keep things interesting for both sides.
Not going against CODE of course *shiver* but just to make sure you guys or anyone joining in this "competition" doesn't get too bored while doing so Blink

It's all about fun in the end! Big smile
Christina Project
Screaming Head in a Box.
#68 - 2014-07-30 13:16:01 UTC
Rose of Shadow wrote:
Sorry OP. I see no challenge in ganking Ventures.

I like to play this game to have fun, not to ruin other peoples fun Smile

It would be funny however if all the Ventures near starting areas were to have someone looking after them. Or a system police other than concord. (because obviously all the people looking for venture kills will go to a system near the starting zones.)

Obviously.. since "CODE" is already established. Maybe the name should be something more like... De-CODE...

Just to keep things interesting for both sides.
Not going against CODE of course *shiver* but just to make sure you guys or anyone joining in this "competition" doesn't get too bored while doing so Blink

It's all about fun in the end! Big smile

It's cute to see you think in such small dimensions. <3 :)

[i]"Don't look into another human's bowl to see how much he has ... ... look into his bowl to see if he has enough !" - Sol[/i]

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2014-07-30 13:22:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibyyl
Rose of Shadow wrote:

Feel free to establish one, but the difficulties of doing so are well documented.

Ro Fenrios
Armilies Corporation
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#70 - 2014-07-30 13:25:04 UTC
Seems equally fun to spending month killing ants with toothpick and getting 24pack of red bull as reward, presuming you were the guy who killed most ants. You of course need to bring your own toothpicks, so buy lot of them.

Quality entertainment.
Zero Sum Gain
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOM
#71 - 2014-07-30 13:29:01 UTC
Battle ventures, unite and assemble! Form of, bait ships!
Velicitia
XS Tech
#72 - 2014-07-30 13:32:08 UTC
yeah, the problem is that they are doing their gimmick (anti-ganking) out of anger (or whatever feeling), with the sole intention to allow their ranks to go back to "ignore everything and pretend that EVE is single-player".

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#73 - 2014-07-30 13:38:34 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
yeah, the problem is that they are doing their gimmick (anti-ganking) out of anger (or whatever feeling), with the sole intention to allow their ranks to go back to "ignore everything and pretend that EVE is single-player".

you mean the same way gankners are...
shoot an asteroid that don't fight back...
shoot the industrial/miner that don't fight back...
potatoe...
potato...
Rose of Shadow
Deep Lovin
#74 - 2014-07-30 13:44:18 UTC
Of course it was a bit of on the fly typing in amazement in my previous post.

But to be honest. I recommend all of our venture pilots to simply stock up on ventures. Eventually all the killing will be done since they are only allowed to kill you once.. wel.. per person but still P

And it's all good. They need the social experiment and to be honest, I am interested in how many people will participate as well.

Besides. I am 100% sure that this will lead to a spike in Rookies starting into PvP instead of mining so.. more fun to have for me as well Blink
Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#75 - 2014-07-30 13:53:00 UTC
A whole plex...

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#76 - 2014-07-30 14:01:44 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
For what it's worth, until I saw the bot figures at FanFest, I encouraged my fellow Agents to not shoot Ventures.

After seeing those figures - wow. Something like 50% of the bots banned gamewide are Venture pilots.

Edit: For any miners wanting advice on how not to become a statistic, ask questions in New Citizens Q&A about how to keep your Venture safe. I or other people will give you advice.

The statistic merely shows that a large number of bots get culled before they mature into exhumer pilots.

shhhhh

don't use facts, logic and reason on someone from CODE

you'll just confuse them
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2014-07-30 14:15:59 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Sorry, I find mining more fun then this. That's how leet I am!

[On a prior account a few years ago]

Null sec ice mining in Providence warping into the ice belt and playing chicken with battleship NPC's in a Mackinaw with hostiles inbound. Warping across the belt kiting the NPC from 1 side to the other while you get your ice from a jet can.
Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#78 - 2014-07-30 14:23:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Delt0r Garsk
Awww read the title and assumed it was the most kills *in* a venture. That would be way more fun!

Gank a venture in a venture? Even better! But them dam concord dudes turn up pretty fast.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#79 - 2014-07-30 14:23:33 UTC
Christina Project wrote:
Soylent Jade wrote:
Petre en Thielles wrote:
loyalanon wrote:

You are the one who needs a reality check.

There are real people playing this game,
many with abaolutely real and absolutely questionable personalities.

You can talk against it all you want and still the fact remains
that your silly group is attracting those who love to pick on others.

You can twist it all you want, but a personality is NEVER detachable from
what it does, even when simply playing a game! The fact that people have fun
picking on others MUST mean that there is something in their personality
THAT MAKES IT FUN FOR THEM!

These people are on BOTH sides on the equation...
... but your side is the one actively recruiting it.

I can't wait for your response! I have six options what you
will reply roughly and you will most likely pick one of them.
We already made bets here about that! XD

Don't let me down, i can win 50 bucks. (:

I just imagined your post being screamed by a head in a box. Don't know why. Big smile
Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#80 - 2014-07-30 14:28:27 UTC
so its like a weak ass hulkageddon? not even trying anymore are you code? well ill shoot a few if i see em, but most seem to avoid avenod for some reason