These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Question regarding harassment

First post
Author
Jagermeister Herr
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2011-12-07 23:55:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Jagermeister Herr
Ok lets say that theres a player who devotes his hole time commenting my contracts when hes online. Acording to him contracts being overpriced is a scam . So when i try to trade every time i post a contract he spams the local chat with nice one but too expensive dont buy from that guy hes a scammer or way too overpriced. Now i havent scammed anyone even tho as far as i understand bad contracts are not violatiing the game rules in any way. Would the behaviour of that player be considered harassment and should it be reported because first it gets anoying provided you are intrested in doing trade second it hurts buisness and third i havent sold anything to so he can be pissed at me!
So my question would be is such behaviour towards another player against game rules ?
Roh Voleto
Doomheim
#2 - 2011-12-08 00:02:38 UTC
I am no GM, but you expose yourself to other peoples opinions and scrutiny every time you post something in a public forum. Stop advertising your contracts, if you do not want your competition to comment on them.
Jagermeister Herr
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-12-08 00:05:52 UTC
Still tho the person that does it dont post anything else he just trolls me as if hes put there for no other reason and with him around that simply drives ppl away now im not doing anything wrong but trying to sell the good things i find and im not spaming it either like posting 5 meseges under a minute . So hes not a concurent tradesmen he just sits there and comments and he does call me a scammer even tho i havent scammed anyone !
L'ouris
Have Naught Subsidiaries
#4 - 2011-12-08 00:07:10 UTC  |  Edited by: L'ouris
to give youi something to noodle over:

Some folks pay others in game to undermine their contract / trade Competition

What seems as completely unwarrented on your end may very well be the result of a profitable contract issued by a competitor you didn't know you had .

hire someone in-game to get rid of the guy bugging you, or investigate to see if someone else deserves your wrath.

Welcome to Eve . :)
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#5 - 2011-12-08 02:05:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
So you knowingly create overpriced contracts, and are taking offense at being called-out on it?

If not, then just don't post them to local. People looking to buy stuff will find your contract.
Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#6 - 2011-12-08 03:53:48 UTC
When im not trolling in game in normally trolling here.

I create lots of contracts and leave them to sell. Normally the only people who have to advertise their contracts are those that are overpriced or scams.

And if you are a noobie why and what contracts are you putting up.

Ive yet to see a Jita contract posted in local thats legit.

And no its not against the rules. Market PVP is the must brutal in the game and no one takes any prisoners. I call people out on scams and over priced junk all the time.
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Jagermeister Herr
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-12-08 10:21:15 UTC
Karn Dulake wrote:

I create lots of contracts and leave them to sell. Normally the only people who have to advertise their contracts are those that are overpriced or scams.

And no its not against the rules. Market PVP is the must brutal in the game and no one takes any prisoners. I call people out on scams and over priced junk all the time.

Overpricing isnt a scam and even fake contracts are within the game rules ppl trade to make a profit and thats what drives the eve economy the reason i asked is cause i want to hear from a GM or moderator someone who knows the game rules to see whats alowed and whats not !
You know i could just submit a report but i want to know the rules because not all cases of harasment are actually displayed !
J'Poll
Caldari State
#8 - 2011-12-08 10:34:09 UTC
Jagermeister Herr wrote:
Karn Dulake wrote:

Overpricing isnt a scam and even fake contracts are within the game rules ppl trade to make a profit and thats what drives the eve economy the reason i asked is cause i want to hear from a GM or moderator someone who knows the game rules to see whats alowed and whats not !
You know i could just submit a report but i want to know the rules because not all cases of harasment are actually displayed !

True, but when you sell stuff way overpriced in contract you advert in Local. Then don't be offended when people say you are selling stuff overpriced or are a scammper. This is too part of the game mechanics, he is just letting other people know you rip people of.

So stop complaining about harassment, as you are in no way better then the guy that keeps reminding people that you sell stuff way overpriced.

Actually I love the guy that keeps 'harassing' you. Could you give me his name so I can donate ISK to him.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Chiana Moro
Hideaway Hunters
The Hideaway.
#9 - 2011-12-08 10:58:23 UTC
J'Poll wrote:

True, but when you sell stuff way overpriced in contract you advert in Local. Then don't be offended when people say you are selling stuff overpriced or are a scammper. This is too part of the game mechanics, he is just letting other people know you rip people of.

So stop complaining about harassment, as you are in no way better then the guy that keeps reminding people that you sell stuff way overpriced.

This. And stop shitting up Jita local =p

If you post way overpriced contracts in local and are called out - HTFU.
Or post decently priced contracts in local instead and start selling the **** you're trying to get rid of.
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2011-12-08 11:45:10 UTC
Dear Jagermeister Herr,

If you feel overly harassed by a player or group of players, please contact our customer support and file a petition, explaining your case. The Game Masters will then decide if the actions you reported are valid game play and within our EULA or if they are violating our Rules of Conduct.

Not every comment though is harassment, especially not in a game with heavy player interaction and competition. Every case is different. As mentioned above, the Game Masters can give you a definite answer.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Jagermeister Herr
Caldari State
#11 - 2011-12-08 14:29:45 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Dear Jagermeister Herr,

If you feel overly harassed by a player or group of players, please contact our customer support and file a petition, explaining your case. The Game Masters will then decide if the actions you reported are valid game play and within our EULA or if they are violating our Rules of Conduct.

Not every comment though is harassment, especially not in a game with heavy player interaction and competition. Every case is different. As mentioned above, the Game Masters can give you a definite answer.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2011-12-08 23:08:00 UTC
Jagermeister Herr wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
Dear Jagermeister Herr,

Good luck on trying to prove harassment. Even with overwhelming evidence, CCP rarely acknowledges it and if they do, they're very hesitant to enforce any rules pertaining to it.

The other players posting in this thread have given you much better info. Check the prices of similar 'Legit' contracts and then set your price accordingly. Then you should have no problem advertising it in Local chat, even though doing that isn't needed since a good 'Legit' contract has no problem being quickly accepted.

Or just continue making very high priced contracts that won't sell. By the way, a high priced contract is still a scam and whether you like it or not, players like me are still gonna call you on it.
J'Poll
Caldari State
#13 - 2011-12-08 23:34:40 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Jagermeister Herr wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
Dear Jagermeister Herr,

Good luck on trying to prove harassment. Even with overwhelming evidence, CCP rarely acknowledges it and if they do, they're very hesitant to enforce any rules pertaining to it.

The other players posting in this thread have given you much better info. Check the prices of similar 'Legit' contracts and then set your price accordingly. Then you should have no problem advertising it in Local chat, even though doing that isn't needed since a good 'Legit' contract has no problem being quickly accepted.

Or just continue making very high priced contracts that won't sell. By the way, a high priced contract is still a scam and whether you like it or not, players like me are still gonna call you on it.

Are you the guy that keeps alerting people of this scamming of the OP?

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2011-12-09 00:14:39 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Funny how you focus on the Local chat aspect when the majority of my posted reply pertains to CCP, petitions, player harassment and contract pricing.

To answer your question, no. I have much better things to do with my time than sit around in Jita, Rens, Amarr or Dodixie systems watching Local chat for overpriced contracts.

However, if I did happen to notice one, I probably would point it out.