These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

suicide ganking and pedophilia - a common solution?

First post
Author
LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-07-27 20:37:46 UTC
Recently at robotics conference it has been suggested by doctors/scientists that robots in shape of children could manage pedophilia. Basically, substitute a robot for a kid, let the sicko do what he wants to the robot.

"We realise that paedophilia isn't going anywhere, so we ought to find a way to deal with the lust for children in a way that keeps actual kids out of the equation. Hence, robots. It's child molestation, without the children."

Article here: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-28353238

I propose CCP introduce a pilot program in EVE that would manage suicide ganking in high sec in a similar way.

Introduce bot accounts that fly around in poorly tanked haulers and miners; make them indistinguishable from real people. Pre-load a set of conversation options into the bots so upon a gank the bot can provide 'tears'. Voila, problem solved.

PS: I am not in any way comparing suicide gankers to pedophiles, nor am i in any way suggesting they are on the same level. Its just that the solution to both problems just happens to be... similar.

Discuss.
Lister Dax
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-07-27 20:39:22 UTC
IB4L! IB4L!
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#3 - 2014-07-27 20:42:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Introduce bot accounts that fly around in poorly tanked haulers and miners; make them indistinguishable from real people. Pre-load a set of conversation options into the bots so upon a gank the bot can provide 'tears'. Voila, problem solved.
So you're saying that CCP should introduce incompetent NPCs to replace incompetent players?

In your case that'd be an improvement, NPCs don't troll or make shiptoasts.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#4 - 2014-07-27 20:43:29 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
So what you're saying is that the “problem” of suicide ganking is already solved?
IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-07-27 20:44:57 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Recently at robotics conference it has been suggested by doctors/scientists that robots in shape of children could manage pedophilia. Basically, substitute a robot for a kid, let the sicko do what he wants to the robot.

"We realise that paedophilia isn't going anywhere, so we ought to find a way to deal with the lust for children in a way that keeps actual kids out of the equation. Hence, robots. It's child molestation, without the children."

Article here: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-28353238

I propose CCP introduce a pilot program in EVE that would manage suicide ganking in high sec in a similar way.

PS: I am not in any way comparing suicide gankers to pedophiles, nor am i in any way suggesting they are on the same level. Its just that the solution to both problems just happens to be... similar.

Discuss.

Wow this thread is funny!.. "Now where did the bad man touch you with the ion blaster?"
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#6 - 2014-07-27 20:48:23 UTC
Why would someone who is really into feet want a robot child?

That dont make no sense dawg

Also;

Reported

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#7 - 2014-07-27 20:50:05 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

Discuss.

Yes, you did. Your whole proposition makes the implied comparison that both issues are "problems."

Victims of suicide ganking voluntarily play a game where risk of loss is part of the fun. It's designed into the game specifically because it's a thrill. In that context, suicide ganking is not a problem at all, but a part of the game's inherent design.

Meanwhile, real-life victims of pedophilia aren't voluntary in any way, shape, or form.

IBTL

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-07-27 20:50:51 UTC
Absolute no to making NPCs that appear like players.
Get the **** out of this game.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

IIshira
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-07-27 20:52:47 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Also;

Reported

You could have waited for a few dozen hilarious replies. Oh well it sometimes takes them days to lock threads.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#10 - 2014-07-27 20:55:38 UTC
IIshira wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Also;

Reported

You could have waited for a few dozen hilarious replies. Oh well it sometimes takes them days to lock threads.

This particular EvE luminary (GEDDIT?!) makes half a dozen of these a week, I don't think I'm spoiling any of the fun really.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Josef Djugashvilis
#11 - 2014-07-27 20:55:40 UTC
The OP is just desperate for attention.

Original post at 20.37 - should be locked by now...

This is not a signature.

Christopher AET
Lethal Injection Inc.
Pandemic Legion
#12 - 2014-07-27 20:56:22 UTC
This thread...seriously what were you thinking?

I drain ducks of their moisture for sustenance.

Bohneik Itohn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2014-07-27 20:56:34 UTC
Man, this is not the kind of butthurt I come to the forums for...

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Elliavir
Miskatonic Mercantile
#14 - 2014-07-27 20:56:42 UTC
Children can't stop being children (except via a rather long wait) - and thus aren't able to avoid being the preferred target of certain less-than-savory characters.

Miners can easily quit being low-effort/high-return targets. CCP has introduced not only modules that provide defense, but actual mining ships that are very difficult to blow up before CONCORD arrives, even in 0.5 spece -- unless you throw way more ISK at the problem than is economically attractive.

You don't have to be impossible to gank to not get ganked. You just have to be way more effort than that idiot over there. And there is a pretty infinite supply of idiots over there. I don't think we need to flood hi-sec with coded NPC idiots, too.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#15 - 2014-07-27 20:56:45 UTC
Biomass, you despicable piece of slime.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

IIshira
Caldari State
#16 - 2014-07-27 20:58:47 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
IIshira wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Also;

Reported

This particular EvE luminary (GEDDIT?!) makes half a dozen of these a week, I don't think I'm spoiling any of the fun really.

Maybe Lar Tadaruwa's alt?.. I was just kidding about spoiling the fun... Stupid stuff like this can be funny though
Alec Freeman
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2014-07-27 20:59:34 UTC
*sighs*
IIshira
Caldari State
#18 - 2014-07-27 20:59:54 UTC
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
Man, this is not the kind of butthurt I come to the forums for...

LMAO... here come the jokes!
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#19 - 2014-07-27 21:03:23 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
They all have something in common too, they're all crap.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-07-27 21:05:09 UTC
Alec Freeman wrote:
*sighs*

just roll with it, see where it ends up.
12Next page