These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Updated Tutorial Feedback

First post
Author
Darkblad
Doomheim
#41 - 2014-07-12 10:53:35 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
UPDATE: I'm currently checking the Amarr series of "mountains out of molehills". Mission 4/10 (where you're asked to supply 7000 units of Tritanium) grants the Afterburner Skillbook on accepting that mission. I'll check wether Minmatar Agents (and the others) do that too. Minmatar Military 4/10 would be redundant in giving out the same skillbook then.
Checked the Minmatar Industry Missions. The Afterburner skillbook is provided on accepting mission 4/10 there as well.

NPEISDRIP

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
#42 - 2014-07-12 17:10:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
The mineral conversions and ore locations are in the client now. The info panel looks good. The only issue might be that the market group view is so long now.

Will make another run thru after the next patch when the majority of bugs like the module bug in the business career agents missions will be fixed.

BoB mission to with the civilian salvager worked but it took like 8 cycles to work.

The 1 x Overdrive Injector System I in BoB 5of10 does not give the Hull Upgrades that is required to use it. With out text indicating you need to buy the skill book. Happens in Industry path as well I think.

BoB 7 of 10 also has the afterburner with out skill issue.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

CCP RedDawn
C C P
C C P Alliance
#43 - 2014-07-14 11:32:46 UTC
Salpun wrote:
The mineral conversions and ore locations are in the client now. The info panel looks good. The only issue might be that the market group view is so long now.

Will make another run thru after the next patch when the majority of bugs like the module bug in the business career agents missions will be fixed.

BoB mission to with the civilian salvager worked but it took like 8 cycles to work.

The 1 x Overdrive Injector System I in BoB 5of10 does not give the Hull Upgrades that is required to use it. With out text indicating you need to buy the skill book. Happens in Industry path as well I think.

BoB 7 of 10 also has the afterburner with out skill issue.

I've got defects on me to cover both the Overdrive Injector and Afterburner issues now. Big smile

Team Genesis

Darkblad
Doomheim
#44 - 2014-07-19 21:47:02 UTC
Short Update:

Cash for Capsuleers 3/10 and
The Swap (Advanced Military 1/10)

Both still provide the skillbook Propulsion Jamming as Reward.

Target Management might be a good alternative for one of there missions - from my point of view (considering how often people ask for "how can I lock more targets" in a specific channel)

NPEISDRIP

Salpun
#45 - 2014-07-19 21:50:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Darkblad wrote:
Short Update:

Target Management might be a good alternative for one of there missions - from my point of view (considering how often people ask for "how can I lock more targets" in a specific channel)

Great thought. Otherwise the NPE looks good. Salvage cycles required on BoB 2 of 10 are a bit much and BoB 10 of 10 requires 4 hours to build the items required thats a lot.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

CCP RedDawn
C C P
C C P Alliance
#46 - 2014-07-21 11:12:45 UTC
Salpun wrote:
Darkblad wrote:
Short Update:

Great thought. Otherwise the NPE looks good. Salvage cycles required on BoB 2 of 10 are a bit much and BoB 10 of 10 requires 4 hours to build the items required thats a lot.

Noted. Smile

Team Genesis

Darkblad
Doomheim
#47 - 2014-07-22 22:18:51 UTC
This is waaay up in this thread (First Page, actually)
CCP RedDawn wrote:
A4443 Suicide Gank wrote:
In the patch notes, i can read, that some mission issues got fixed, wich issues got fixed exactly?

All minor fixes, (too many to mention) which affects the missions; Balancing the Books (1 to 10), Mountains of Molehills (1 to 10), Data + Relic Site Scanning, Cosmos sites, A Demonstration and more. When I say minor, I mean text based changes, container access issues, dungeon completion issues etc.

Also, FYI, we have a large list of mission, dungeon, career and tutorial work that we will be starting soon.
Would you mind (and actually be willing/allowed) to provide that list, in case it's in a form that's for our eyes.
That should provide great assistance in finding issues, inconsistencies and the like - next to general troubleshooting these specific parts of NPE assistance.

And it'd also help myself in updating my guides for the tutorials (career agents) Bear

NPEISDRIP

Seamus Donohue
EVE University
Ivy League
#48 - 2014-07-27 03:07:56 UTC
I filed a bug report on Singularity, today, under the name "Leonard Chong" about the manufacturing job for Civilian Afterburners not starting when I click "START". No error message is given that I noticed. The START button simply does nothing.

Survivor of Teskanen.  Fan of John Rourke.

I have video tutorials for EVE Online on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SeamusDonohueEVE

Salpun
#49 - 2014-07-27 03:28:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Seamus Donohue wrote:
I filed a bug report on Singularity, today, under the name "Leonard Chong" about the manufacturing job for Civilian Afterburners not starting when I click "START". No error message is given that I noticed. The START button simply does nothing.

First thought was it an issue with how many jobs you can run. What color was the start button and what where the error messages in the tool tip. Industry has to been trained before you can start I think. The messaging might need to be better. I train skills received like a mandatory thing.

If it is not a skill issue then reset the client to fix the job lock bug that is in all clients.

When the tool tips get updated again the delay for new characters for important information should be shorter and should clear up this issue.

Seamus Donohue
EVE University
Ivy League
#50 - 2014-07-27 04:35:53 UTC
Salpun wrote:
Seamus Donohue wrote:

First thought was it an issue with how many jobs you can run. What color was the start button and what where the error messages in the tool tip. Industry has to been trained before you can start I think. The messaging might need to be better. I train skills received like a mandatory thing.

If it is not a skill issue then reset the client to fix the job lock bug that is in all clients.

When the tool tips get updated again the delay for new characters for important information should be shorter and should clear up this issue.

The character in question was created in 2009, has Mass Production 4, and can run 5 jobs. One job, unrelated to the tutorials, was complete but not delivered. I should have been able to run 4 more jobs.

The start button was yellow. There were no error messages of any kind, either in tooltips or in NeoCom > EVE Menu > Accessories > "Notifications and Log".

Starting up my client again and making another attempt did not fix the issue.

I have video tutorials for EVE Online on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SeamusDonohueEVE

Salpun
#51 - 2014-07-27 07:07:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Seamus Donohue wrote:
Salpun wrote:
Seamus Donohue wrote:

The character in question was created in 2009, has Mass Production 4, and can run 5 jobs. One job, unrelated to the tutorials, was complete but not delivered. I should have been able to run 4 more jobs.

The start button was yellow. There were no error messages of any kind, either in tooltips or in NeoCom > EVE Menu > Accessories > "Notifications and Log".

Starting up my client again and making another attempt did not fix the issue.

Are you doing this on TQ or Sisi I think manufacturing is broke on Sisi at the moment.

Yellow means something is messed up/ missing somewhere preventing a job to be start able.

Seamus Donohue
EVE University
Ivy League
#52 - 2014-07-29 03:34:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Seamus Donohue
Salpun wrote:
Are you doing this on TQ or Sisi I think manufacturing is broke on Sisi at the moment.

Yellow means something is messed up/ missing somewhere preventing a job to be start able.

This was on Singularity at the time. I had the Tritanium needed, so there should not have been a reason for the job not to proceed.

I just tried it again on Sisi now. I tried selecting a team not in the system, and the START button turned red. A mouseover tooltip for the START button indicated that the team in question was not in the solar system. I removed the team from the job specification and the button turned yellow again. I clicked START, and the job has started.

So, I think the current Sisi build has fixed manufacturing.

Salpun
#53 - 2014-07-29 03:38:10 UTC
Seamus Donohue wrote:
Salpun wrote:

This was on Singularity at the time. I had the Tritanium needed, so there should not have been a reason for the job not to proceed.

I just tried it again on Sisi now. I tried selecting a team not in the system, and the START button turned red. A mouseover tooltip for the START button indicated that the team in question was not in the solar system. I removed the team from the job specification and the button turned yellow again. I clicked START, and the job has started.

So, I think the current Sisi build has fixed manufacturing.

Good to hear.

Salpun
#54 - 2014-08-03 17:56:07 UTC
CCP RedDawn could you check out @gamechick42 last couple tweets about the tutorial thanks.

CCP RedDawn
C C P
C C P Alliance
#55 - 2014-08-11 14:31:49 UTC
Salpun wrote:
CCP RedDawn could you check out @gamechick42 last couple tweets about the tutorial thanks.

Had a look at them, thanks for pointing them out.
Information has been noted.

Team Genesis

CCP RedDawn
C C P
C C P Alliance
#56 - 2014-08-11 14:35:46 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP RedDawn
Salpun wrote:

Double post during forum lag.

Team Genesis

Salpun
#57 - 2014-08-22 04:57:52 UTC
As there any reason to do the tutorial before Hyperion gets deployed.

Darkblad
Doomheim
#58 - 2014-08-22 05:41:06 UTC
I plan to do another run through at least the Aura Missions, to check wether the changes of the overview (settings, sharing) resulted in some changes there.

NPEISDRIP

Darkblad
Doomheim
#59 - 2014-08-22 11:58:39 UTC
Alright, Aura appears to be not affected by the change of the overview.
But the "Overview Settings" (within General) is. That one pops up when you get a mission where you have to destroy a Large Collidable Structure, most likely during the Cash for Capsuleers Series.

That tutorial didn't get adjusted, resulting in missing hints to the UI overhaul that happened in the settings.

NPEISDRIP

Salpun
#60 - 2014-08-22 12:08:05 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
Alright, Aura appears to be not affected by the change of the overview.
But the "Overview Settings" (within General) is. That one pops up when you get a mission where you have to destroy a Large Collidable Structure, most likely during the Cash for Capsuleers Series.

That tutorial didn't get adjusted, resulting in missing hints to the UI overhaul that happened in the settings.

You bug report that?