These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Hulkageddon 5?

Author
K Suri
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-12-08 03:46:38 UTC  |  Edited by: K Suri
Picked up a warning while flying around that Hulkageddon 5 is on for 2012.

Anyone have any more to add?

Edit: Quote from some random dude.
Quote:
xxxxx > just a warning for all MINERS out there, HULKAGGEDON 5 is happening in the beginning of 2012, so if you are not familair with it you should google it/contact me or you might SEE YOUR HULK BLOW UP IN HIGH SECURITY SPACE
Myxx
The Scope
#2 - 2011-12-08 04:05:05 UTC
Given that Helicity got unbanned and some other things factoring into it... would not surprise me if it happened tommarow.
Rose Hips
Zero Dot Zero
#3 - 2011-12-08 04:25:04 UTC
It's worse then you can imagine. The Mitanni is joining in.

Forum signature removed by Empress Jamyl as instructed by the Jove

Bow down before the one you serve; you're going to get what you deserve

Max Singularity is the way, the light, the Harbinger of Faith and true hope for New Eden!

Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-12-08 04:30:51 UTC
Rose Hips wrote:

What's with you dumb pubbies not being able to spell Mittani? It's not that hard.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#5 - 2011-12-08 04:31:51 UTC
Karadion wrote:
Rose Hips wrote:

What's with you dumb pubbies not being able to spell Mittani? It's not that hard.

mittens
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2011-12-08 04:39:42 UTC
January 2nd is the start date right now, start date is of course subject to change as the event is huge and there's a lot of planning involved

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#7 - 2011-12-08 04:41:58 UTC
With the RoF penalties removed from destroyers, buffed hybrids, and the introduction of tier 3 BC, I bet this will turn out to be fun.

Adapt or Die

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#8 - 2011-12-08 05:31:42 UTC
When did it stop?
People have been ganking hulks and macks for awhile now. Do they just call it 5 when the new year starts?
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#9 - 2011-12-08 05:43:18 UTC
Well on evenews24 hellicity had a post there and in the intro said here is a post by someone who is doing the upcoming hulkageddon. First time I saw a concretish evidence. Was alot of rumors since hellicity's unban and also goons providing insurance or something.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

SmashTech
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2011-12-08 06:08:13 UTC
You want to hear something new about it?

Remember how all the highsec pubbies and bots were like "WAHHHHHHHH" and they called the Whaaambulance because they were getting ganked so often? Remember how CCP was like, "We'll remove insurance! That'll slow things down at least!"

Well, it's not going to. Because Goonswarm will pay you the insurance that you would have received, at the platinum level, if you gank a mining ship (and preferably get the pod). Because we are that filthy spacerich.

Your move, CCP.
K Suri
Doomheim
#11 - 2011-12-08 06:24:46 UTC
SmashTech wrote:

Remember how all the highsec pubbies and bots were like "WAHHHHHHHH" and they called the Whaaambulance because they were getting ganked so often? Remember how CCP was like, "We'll remove insurance! That'll slow things down at least!"

Well, it's not going to. Because Goonswarm will pay you the insurance that you would have received, at the platinum level, if you gank a mining ship (and preferably get the pod). Because we are that filthy spacerich.

Your move, CCP.

Be careful what you wish for Goon.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2011-12-08 06:58:47 UTC
official announcement

so better start hoarding barges now, the prices are very likely to go up Cool

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Hecatonis
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2011-12-08 07:07:01 UTC
SmashTech wrote:

Your move, CCP.

this is how insurance should me, player controlled.

Myxx wrote:
Given that Helicity got unbanned and some other things factoring into it... would not surprise me if it happened tommarow.

i am surprised that he came back after his very public hissy fit

Karadion wrote:

mattina?
Skorpynekomimi
#14 - 2011-12-08 07:14:49 UTC
Meh. Not like mining is my primary income now ANYWAY.

I am, however, rather pissed that you're still interdicting T2 industrials. How the **** am I meant to play with my shiny new Prowler if I don't dare undock it?
You heartless bastards. 100mil ISK tied up, plus that covops cloak I got from an abandoned can at a gate.

But hey. At least when I can sneak the hulk out when nobody's looking, an hour's ice mining pays better than missioning, even when selling to buy orders.

Economic PVP

Prince Kobol
#15 - 2011-12-08 07:45:36 UTC
boring
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2011-12-08 07:54:48 UTC
non judgement wrote:
When did it stop?
People have been ganking hulks and macks for awhile now. Do they just call it 5 when the new year starts?

But during Hulkageddon there are prizes spanning all the way from best smack talk to taking down a Hulk while doing a barrell roll and screaming out your favorite Qu'ran passage Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#17 - 2011-12-08 08:20:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Brooks Puuntai
Hulkaggeddon lost its comical value years ago. Now its just become redundant.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#18 - 2011-12-08 10:16:43 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
Hulkaggeddon lost its comical value years ago. Now its just become redundant.

The rage gets better with each pssing year.
Generals4
#19 - 2011-12-08 10:22:08 UTC
Karadion wrote:
Rose Hips wrote:

Wobble?

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#20 - 2011-12-08 10:40:34 UTC
Meh... mined through the last one. Probly mine through this one...

Though I am never afk (in space at least) so maybe that explains the lack of losses.
123Next pageLast page