These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Salvaging, The Forgotten Industrial Activity In Crius :(

Author
Bohneik Itohn
#41 - 2014-07-24 02:28:29 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Handar Turiant wrote:
Tippia wrote:
I agree. It should be possible to scan out wrecks without having to look for the ships that created them or the anomalies or sites in which they were spawned.

This. Make it so.

Free kills for the terminally lazy are not currently a supported feature.

Safe ratting for the terminally lazy is not currently a supported feature.

Stop being a hypocrite. Try using D-scan while you plex once in a while. It's more effective than any number of ECCM modules, and in case you haven't noticed a good portion of the rest of Eve lives by this method, so it's not exactly an inconvenience for anyone but you.

You do this in every thread that even off-handedly suggests scanning wrecks. It's been kind of amusing up to this point to watch everyone just casually ignore you but enough is enough.

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Derrick Miles
Death Rabbit Ky Oneida
#42 - 2014-07-24 11:14:47 UTC
Velicitia wrote:

"Your definition" of salvaging doesn't matter, just what CCP says "Salvaging" is.

^ This is salvaging.

Not many people can contradict themselves in their first two sentences, but you rose to the occasion quite admirably.
Dyscordia
Super Elite Friendship Club
#43 - 2014-07-25 22:30:18 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
Orin Solette wrote:
Well since reprocessing was nerfed, if less salvagers decide to salvage/loot wrecks as a result, then salvage value will increase again.

Most activities in general are losing value it seems. Not enough conflict drivers as of late to boost demand for new ships and modules to replace blown up ones.

hint -- salvage (Smashed Trigger Units, Alloyed Tritanium Bars, etc) wasn't affected by the Crius repro changes.

He doesn't mean salvaging has been nerfed; rather, reprocessing meta mods has been nerfed and therefore cleaning up wrecks as a whole will be less appealing to a number of players. Less people salvaging means higher value on salvaged loot.
Creamdream
Whatever Brah
#44 - 2014-07-26 02:02:39 UTC
I'm lighting up a ***. Wait for it.... pffffffffffwooooooshhah
Serene Repose
#45 - 2014-07-26 07:53:20 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
What's wrong with salvaging?
Leave it to YOU to ask THIS!

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#46 - 2014-07-26 10:19:16 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Bohneik Itohn wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Handar Turiant wrote:
Tippia wrote:
I agree. It should be possible to scan out wrecks without having to look for the ships that created them or the anomalies or sites in which they were spawned.

This. Make it so.

Free kills for the terminally lazy are not currently a supported feature.

Safe ratting for the terminally lazy is not currently a supported feature.

Stop being a hypocrite. Try using D-scan while you plex once in a while. It's more effective than any number of ECCM modules, and in case you haven't noticed a good portion of the rest of Eve lives by this method, so it's not exactly an inconvenience for anyone but you.

You do this in every thread that even off-handedly suggests scanning wrecks. It's been kind of amusing up to this point to watch everyone just casually ignore you but enough is enough.

I am sure there are plenty of others who also understand the reasons for the way it currently is, and who will answer in more depth, contrary to your assumption, I am more involved as a hunter rather than the missioner or prey, and would hate to see such a bonanza thrown at me. I am often the scout, who does the work, and in theory would benefit most from the suggestion, however......

I will give just one example. There are many more effects one can read about in the other threads, for anyone who is genuinely interested in knowing and understanding why it is such a significant issue, and why it has not been implemented.

It is easy enough as it is to drop on the noctis clearing sleeper sites, and he would see probes in a flash if I dropped them on him.
I cannot assume a lazy inexperienced player in a wormhole. It can happen, but I would not expect such easy opportunities often.
Currently I need to pre scan the signatures and wait for him or scan down the missioning fleet. i have to employ skill and cunning and preparation to catch him.
Scanning down the missioning fleet usually results in a T3 fleet waiting for me to counter gank so not exactly smart though, but can lead to awesome fights.
if this was implemented, then I could jump into the hole, scan all the wrecks in the hole, (note the signatures have gone after being run) and have someone in each site cloaked waiting for him in seconds. he has absolutely no counter.

It would be the bloodbath to end all bloodbaths.

In fact the entire methodology and practices involved in stealthy PVE throughout new eden would be permanently altered, and not for the better.

It becomes somewhat tiring, seeing people hoping to slip this through without people noticing, as a "reasonable " sounding proposition, a little like Swift's reasonable proposition,

So in short Bad for PVP and bad for PVE unless one believes cheap kills are a goal.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Elmonky
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2014-07-26 10:29:08 UTC
Nathaniel Raynaud wrote:
didn't every corp used to keep one or two newbies as salvage monkeys? whatever happened to that

Confirming that this is still a thing.

also the obligatory - HI SEX IS DIEING HUFFLEHUFFLEGRRGEWNS(sic)

Also confirming that ninja salvaging is viable as a tertiary income if you are literally BORED OUT OF YOUR GODDAMN MIND and happen to be flying through a warzone.

Go hang out near Uedama or Balle, or Hek, or Renyn, or any of the camp systems on the way to Jita. Ninja salvage will be in high abundance
Previous page123