These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

CCP Fozzie.

First post
Author
Winthorp
#1 - 2014-07-25 22:12:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Winthorp
CCP Fozzie it was good to hear you on the EVE Downunder radio show last night answering questions on the show and in the ingame chat channel, giving Aussie eve players some love.

Yes i was nagging you about WH issues so here is just one more...

Can we get you to look at giving us AU players some real love and changing after DT sigs to keep the pre DT sig ID? Having them change ID's just because of DT leads to extra tedious chores on top of what we already do in WH space to function.
Alundil
Rolled Out
#2 - 2014-07-25 22:38:34 UTC
+1 (not even AU)

I'm right behind you

HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-07-25 22:53:40 UTC
Do you understand the madness you are requesting?

No more Sig Unification?
Perma-Signatures !

Not sure if you are brilliant or ... stupid... really not sure. Will get back to you on that one.

Community-Challenge: Make Jack Miton sing a Duett with me. http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrBertism Jibbychiggawooooow - CSM 9 Corbexx

Winthorp
#4 - 2014-07-25 22:59:30 UTC
HerrBert wrote:

No more Sig Unification?
Perma-Signatures !

Not sure if you are brilliant or ... stupid... really not sure. Will get back to you on that one.

Ohh Herbert i love you.

I really don't see the issue, when a sig is spawned it is assigned an ID, downtime changes that ID when the sig itself does not change. So just leave that sig ID alone.

I think in your Herbert level madness do you think i want sigs to stay around permanently... yes you are that level of crazy, my mistake.
HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-07-25 23:14:10 UTC  |  Edited by: HerrBert
Winthorp wrote:
HerrBert wrote:

No more Sig Unification?
Perma-Signatures !

Ohh Herbert i love you.

I really don't see the issue, when a sig is spawned it is assigned an ID, downtime changes that ID when the sig itself does not change. So just leave that sig ID alone.

I think in your Herbert level madness do you think i want sigs to stay around permanently... yes you are that level of crazy, my mistake.

*puppy eyes* WHY NOT?

*would reduce work on smaller operations and deactivate the feature of "Post DT Sig"

Community-Challenge: Make Jack Miton sing a Duett with me. http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrBertism Jibbychiggawooooow - CSM 9 Corbexx

Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#6 - 2014-07-25 23:18:23 UTC
Same sig different location? That'd be horrid... Would sigs only change after they despawned then?

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#7 - 2014-07-25 23:21:12 UTC
Yeap, +1

It's pretty demoralizing logging in after dinner to do scans, looking at the clock and realizing it's kinda pointless because you're gonna have to do it allllll over again in an hour or so. I don't mind scanning but I don't love it that much.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Winthorp
#8 - 2014-07-25 23:23:16 UTC
Andrew Jester wrote:
Same sig different location? That'd be horrid... Would sigs only change after they despawned then?

Sigs would disappear when they despawn, i don't understand your confusion.

All i am asking for is to not have to rescan the same sig after DT just because the ID has changed, i am not asking for permanent sigs or any crazy ****.
Winthorp
#9 - 2014-07-25 23:25:51 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
Yeap, +1

It's pretty demoralizing logging in after dinner to do scans, looking at the clock and realizing it's kinda pointless because you're gonna have to do it allllll over again in an hour or so. I don't mind scanning but I don't love it that much.

I agree, often if it is close to DT a lot of people just won't scan close to DT knowing they may as well leave a whole section of a chain unscanned until after DT when the sig ID will remain until the next DT.
Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#10 - 2014-07-26 07:47:56 UTC
+1 Would also be nice if they could stop moving them at downtime. Having to rebookmark everything because now you're landing 10km off the hole is annoying.
Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2014-07-26 08:03:34 UTC
Paikis wrote:
+1 Would also be nice if they could stop moving them at downtime. Having to rebookmark everything because now you're landing 10km off the hole is annoying.
wow
Jezza McWaffle
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#12 - 2014-07-26 08:20:03 UTC
I just role the holl after DT because having to rescan the whole chain just because the sigs change is more effort than scouting a new one so +1

Wormholes worst badass | Checkout my Wormhole blog

Jessica Duranin
Doomheim
#13 - 2014-07-26 10:00:05 UTC
Paikis wrote:
Having to rebookmark everything because now you're landing 10km off the hole is annoying.

You don't have to rebookmark them. Just warp there a second time and you will land at zero. Blink

Leave it as it is. Makes it easier to spot the new ones that spawned after DT.
HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-07-26 11:17:04 UTC  |  Edited by: HerrBert
Still continueing to think about this one: So here the Pro and Cons

Problems:
- Game Mechanics
Sig IDs needed changing since their implementation, well atleast they changed every DT which may be something about Cache reset, so it actually "has a real purpose" Although i assume this and rather think thats too much of a wild guess

- Learned Feature
Every Newkid learns about the secret knowledge of the Post-Dt Sig Cypher sooo they can read signatures and easily find new connections, a feature that reduced alot of scanning (I KINDA LIKE THAT). It also kept the "documentation" smaller in that case, which isnt a problem per se just will end up with bigger spreadsheets and we loove spreadsheets right? Well I love Ishtars but thats another feature.

- More work
Many people claim it aint worth scanning before DT and to an extend they are right pending the situation and goals. This excuse will be invalid

Contribution:
- New Scanning Expierence
AU to early EU get to enjoy a System of IDs that makes Sense and doesnt confuse the **** out of new players, so it is actually enjoyable to scan all the time without the fade of DT over the head.

- Less work for Small Local based Operations
Given Fozzies very ******* confusing Statement about upcoming "Tax Payment Structure" and wormholes being a rather "Industrial Friendly" thingy (as far as I understood it), this would take alot of "repeating chors" away from the locals and even could be considered a homefield advantage on a general memberbase, since they can always instantly identify new sigs if they use the proper documentation, while an aggressive force has to do all the SCANNING!

- A little contribution to making navigation "extensive"
More scanning ... and i know you guys love it

Verdict:
Given that the scanning Mechanics are a VERY integrated mechanic and almost interact in every aspect of the game, I would assume this is under the surface a rather HUGE request, although it would mean "a huge" quality of life improvement for the people playing around the DT.

This one isnt easy.

But since Wormhole Subforum is Rainbowcandymagicwishland:

"I'm still convinced that Wormholes are not LORE conform. The ability to Warp to 0 to a physical Event that folds Space should be rather lethal. So Wormholes should never be Bookmarked, instead you should be forced to use the anomaly scanner (without Probes) and land at a random spot 15 km away from the hole. Some people may see an old friend in this one. Going full circle on this one. Next post: DUAL MWD why it should work again in Black Holes - Black Hole Rifter Mario Cart64 Edition" (Please I know this is Bull, still.)

Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#15 - 2014-07-26 11:49:15 UTC
Jessica Duranin wrote:
Paikis wrote:
Having to rebookmark everything because now you're landing 10km off the hole is annoying.

You don't have to rebookmark them. Just warp there a second time and you will land at zero. Blink

Leave it as it is. Makes it easier to spot the new ones that spawned after DT.

Learn something new every day.

Cheers o7
aya nasta
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-07-26 13:44:23 UTC
HerrBert wrote:
So here the Pro and Cons

Problems:

Contribution:

While I appreciate your post content, it warps my mind.

Pros and Cons are not "Problems (negative) and Contribution (positive)", but the opposite...

"Pros and cons, a shortening of the Latin expression "pro et contra" (for and against)"

Pros are positive, Cons are negative Big smile
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#17 - 2014-07-26 14:11:03 UTC
Might be easier summed up as *sig ID reset at DT is a kick in the nuts for AU/EU players* (EU mainly on weekends though), while the odd ID just makes wh-life at US-TZ a whole lot safer.
HerrBert
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2014-07-26 15:34:49 UTC
aya nasta wrote:

Pros and Cons are not "Problems (negative) and Contribution (positive)", but the opposite...

"Pros and cons, a shortening of the Latin expression "pro et contra" (for and against)"

I... I... dont.. hmm.. I.. anyone? Please?

Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#19 - 2014-07-26 15:39:31 UTC
aya nasta wrote:
HerrBert wrote:
So here the Pro and Cons

Problems:

Contribution:

X <---- joke

Oops <---- your head

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

unimatrix0030
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2014-07-26 19:56:53 UTC
HerrBert wrote:
Still continueing to think about this one: So here the Pro and Cons

I think most of your pro's and cons are realy all that much of an issue :
cons:
-Game mechancis : might be a lot of work for ccp, but we won't ever know that because it is NDA probably .
Should it have a high priority?No it would be nice to have though!
But who knows it might be an easy fix like the API data thingy, that was far from being a priority( i would rather seen other things changed before this) but still was done.

-Learned feature:
The sigs will be mostly as easy to read as before . If an incoming hole spawns more then 30 minutes after the others it will show an other patern anyway.
Not an issue for people with wormhole mapping software.

-More work: i would say less work because it has been scanned already... .

Pro's:
-new scanning experiance and little contribution to making navigation "extensive: i agree as you say

- Less work for locals: locals have the home advantage if they scanned their system. just as before and as should be.

No local in null sec would fix everything!

123Next pageLast page