These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Deployable Devices

Author
RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2014-07-23 13:37:30 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-boxing So mutiboxing on eve is not multi tasking? Running 5-7 characters is not multitasking?

We arent discussing multiboxing, we are dicussing Deployables.

Whether or not Multiboxing counts as multitasking is nothing to do with the topic being discussed here.

You defined multitasking, I made the passive point that people can save money by not having to by multiple mining characters and sit in a belt and preform multitasking with the same oucome using a deployable mining device.
RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-07-23 14:02:49 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
may i introduce you to mining drones?

Narrow minded thinking is dime a dozen around here.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#23 - 2014-07-23 14:04:18 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-boxing So mutiboxing on eve is not multi tasking? Running 5-7 characters is not multitasking?

Whether or not Multiboxing counts as multitasking is nothing to do with the topic being discussed here.

You defined multitasking, I made the passive point that people can save money by not having to by multiple mining characters and sit in a belt and preform multitasking with the same oucome using a deployable mining device.

If thats the case, what would the purpose in your proposed mining device be?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-07-23 14:14:22 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:

If thats the case, what would the purpose in your proposed mining device be?

Refer to original post.

Purpose to help EVE players not have to buy multiple accounts to accomplish mass mining. Also because when the fleet needs you for a damn CTA you can continue your mining with a deployable unit. How is this so hard to understand?
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#25 - 2014-07-23 14:16:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Really... a mobile pvp inhibitor deployable, or perhaps a mobile insta-CONCORD deployable would be interesting for mining with as well...
RAIN Arthie wrote:
If anything, it may give the goons more of a challenge during the next hulkageddon or burn jita.

Huh, ok. Not really sure how that agenda fits in there but ok I guess

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#26 - 2014-07-23 14:17:59 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:

Refer to original post.

Purpose to help EVE players not have to buy multiple accounts to accomplish mass mining. Also because when the fleet needs you for a damn CTA you can continue your mining with a deployable unit. How is this so hard to understand?

Its not hard to understand. Im walking you to the same conclusion I came to.

If your original post essentially boils to "Why not MTMUs"

Then the answer is;

Multiboxing it may be, but it doesn't generate extra accounts for CCP, so it wont happen.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#27 - 2014-07-23 14:23:03 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
Purpose to help EVE players not have to buy multiple accounts

Somehow this doesn't seem like it would fly.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-07-23 14:26:03 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:

Refer to original post.

Then the answer is;

Multiboxing it may be, but it doesn't generate extra accounts for CCP, so it wont happen.

Just say that then.... LOL

Possibly however... and just hear me out... Lots of ore would be mined with my idea correct? Ore is mined with vigorous intent, prices drop for ore however it will be cost effective to keep ship building at max. More ships= more battles-- possibly. I guess it would be a market ploy with combat in mind.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#29 - 2014-07-23 14:28:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
RAIN Arthie wrote:

Possibly however... and just hear me out... Lots of ore would be mined with my idea correct? Ore is mined with vigorous intent, prices drop for ore however it will be cost effective to keep ship building at max. More ships= more battles-- possibly. I guess it would be a market ploy with combat in mind.

I think that the only conflict it would drive would be the aggressive destruction of MTMUs

A lack of ships is not what prevents the drive of further conflict.

I have my own theories on that, but they are not relevant to a discussion on proposing new deployables.

Solecist Project
#30 - 2014-07-23 14:34:18 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:

Refer to original post.

Then the answer is;

Lower mineral price, combined with way too much money people can make way too easily ... bad.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#31 - 2014-07-23 14:46:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Himnos Altar
RAIN Arthie wrote:
I don't want to mine. let's make a deployable to mine for me

You realize the result would be the super mega ISBoxing mining fleets would still operate, but each of them would drop 1+ of these, and they'd just end up mining MORE ore.

Your intention may have been to help the semi-miners, but it would probably end up ignored except by miners.

and people with access to Mercoxit, if it's programmable.

oh, and if you could get a gas-sucking variant, people raiding C5/6s.

........CCP Please make a gas-sucking deployable. Roll

............it would totally not get abuse by people raiding C5/6 for 3-digit gas Lol

really.
RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-07-23 14:50:01 UTC
Himnos Altar wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:
I don't want to mine. let's make a deployable to mine for me

You realize the result would be the super mega ISBoxing mining fleets would still operate, but each of them would drop 1+ of these, and they'd just end up mining MORE ore.

Your intention may have been to help the semi-miners, but it would probably end up ignored except by miners.

and people with access to Mercoxit, if it's programmable.

oh, and if you could get a gas-sucking variant, people raiding C5/6s.

........CCP Please make a gas-sucking deployable. Roll

............it would totally not get abuse by people raiding C5/6 for 3-digit gas Lol

really.

Yeah didn't think of that..... shoot
Dave Stark
#33 - 2014-07-25 04:30:59 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

Narrow minded thinking is dime a dozen around here.

how is it narrow minded? mining drones are exactly what you asked for.

you deploy them, they mine.
Serene Repose
#34 - 2014-07-25 07:50:12 UTC
Let's stop having thoughts pop into people's heads. The conversation level of this forum is already under the basement floor. Our only hope of elevating it is people stop THINKING. CEASE IMMEDIATELY!

tyvm, Have a nice day.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Ton'Ka Katsu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2014-07-25 08:53:41 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

or maybe sentence structure and punctuation :grammar: :effort: #wallotext
Ton'Ka Katsu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2014-07-25 08:54:47 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
Let's stop having thoughts pop into people's heads. The conversation level of this forum is already under the basement floor. Our only hope of elevating it is people stop THINKING. CEASE IMMEDIATELY!

tyvm, Have a nice day.

we indeed are almost back to the days of "we are all a little bit dumber for reading that" period in eve.
Previous page12