These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Salvaging, The Forgotten Industrial Activity In Crius :(

Author
Hevymetal
POT Corp
#21 - 2014-07-23 11:55:02 UTC
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Hevymetal wrote:
They didn't forget about salvaging. They nerfed it like everything else, LOL. Have you tried to reprocess modules you got while salvaging yet? If not, just wait, you will see what I am talking about.

Throws in the obligatory - "This is Eve, adapt or die."

This has nothing to do with salvaging. Said loot would exist whether the wrecks were salvaged or not.
There were no nerfs to salvaging.

Depends on you definition of salvaging.

If you are taking about just recovering wrecks using the salvage module, then you are correct nothing changed.

If you incorporate the entire value of everything in the wreck (including loot for reprocessing) then it did indeed get nerfed. The reprocessing % recoverable from reprocessed loot has been drastically lowered. Most people are affected by this.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#22 - 2014-07-23 12:10:01 UTC
Hevymetal wrote:
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Hevymetal wrote:
They didn't forget about salvaging. They nerfed it like everything else, LOL. Have you tried to reprocess modules you got while salvaging yet? If not, just wait, you will see what I am talking about.

Throws in the obligatory - "This is Eve, adapt or die."

This has nothing to do with salvaging. Said loot would exist whether the wrecks were salvaged or not.
There were no nerfs to salvaging.

"Your definition" of salvaging doesn't matter, just what CCP says "Salvaging" is.

Quote:

If you are taking about just recovering wrecks using the salvage module, then you are correct nothing changed.

^ This is salvaging.

Quote:

If you incorporate the entire value of everything in the wreck (including loot for reprocessing) then it did indeed get nerfed. The reprocessing % recoverable from reprocessed loot has been drastically lowered. Most people are affected by this.

If this is "your definition" of salvaging, well, then you're wrong. "Salvaging" has not been touched.

Looting and Reprocessing (An entirely different mechanic) is all that changed.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#23 - 2014-07-23 12:10:17 UTC
Here's one update to salvaging I wouldn't mind:
Move module drops to the salvage tables so you no longer loot wrecks but only salvage them. Player wrecks get the killmail attached to determine the loot.

This would mean wrecks no longer need to be containers and no longer need ownership. Two aspects that would free quite a lot on server resources required for current wrecks.
Dally Lama
Doomheim
#24 - 2014-07-23 12:34:29 UTC
Tippia wrote:
I agree. It should be possible to scan out wrecks without having to look for the ships that created them or the anomalies or sites in which they were spawned.

Holy freakin' hell. Look what we have here!

I am now going to stare out my window, in the hopes of observing a pig flying through the sky.
Lfod Shi
Lfod's Ratting and Salvage
#25 - 2014-07-23 13:16:08 UTC
I support any thread that discourages people from salvaging.

It's so not worth it!

- Lfod Shi, Lfod's Ratting and Salvage

♪ They'll always be bloodclaws to me ♫

Petre en Thielles
Doomheim
#26 - 2014-07-23 14:07:48 UTC
Azure Rayl wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:
What's wrong with salvaging?

It's bland, boring and is not a viable end game skill, you make more isk in salvage by doing relic sites then you would by actually salvaging in a salvage ship.

What the hell is 'endgame'? This isn't WoW.
Handar Turiant
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-07-23 14:15:19 UTC
Tippia wrote:
I agree. It should be possible to scan out wrecks without having to look for the ships that created them or the anomalies or sites in which they were spawned.

This. Make it so.
Rubishod
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-07-23 16:01:36 UTC
Hevymetal wrote:

Dude you are so right.
Blobskillz McBlub
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-07-23 16:09:02 UTC
I like salvaging sleepers
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#30 - 2014-07-23 16:11:09 UTC
Blobskillz McBlub wrote:
I like salvaging sleepers

No, what you do has other names and you can be arrested for that, you know

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#31 - 2014-07-23 16:46:40 UTC
Dally Lama wrote:
Tippia wrote:

What we have is a suggestion that will not do what many people imagine it will do… Twisted

It's one of those “be careful what you ask for” suggestions.
Herr Wilkus
Aggressive Salvage Services LLC
#32 - 2014-07-23 16:49:23 UTC
Capital Rigs for Freighters in high sec would have helped this situation quite a bit.

But the tear-naught from carebears wanting easy-mode hauling killed that plan.
You can blame them.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#33 - 2014-07-23 16:52:52 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Salvaging was not forgotten in Crius.
In fact, it was subjected to the tender mercies of only having efficiency cut in half, as opposed to total obliterations in other activities.

I think this meme is appropriate somehow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsW9MlYu31g

Salvaging has now become a niche activity, I suggest you find another activity until prices stabilise, the module rebalance happens, or unicorns defeceate rainbows.
One of the above may happen before the heat death of the universe.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#34 - 2014-07-23 16:54:26 UTC
Handar Turiant wrote:
Tippia wrote:

This. Make it so.

Free kills for the terminally lazy are not currently a supported feature.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Adunh Slavy
#35 - 2014-07-23 16:59:15 UTC
Even if CCP had never introduced the noctis, salvage drones and the ever so handy MTU, salvage prices would still have fallen over time. Players simply get more efficient at doing things.

Lower rig prices are not a bad thing, they grant everyone more options to customize their ship for less cost. T1 rigs are almost, though not quite yet, inexpensive enough to become a consumable item. And Eve needs more consumable items.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#36 - 2014-07-23 17:10:11 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
Even if CCP had never introduced the noctis, salvage drones and the ever so handy MTU, salvage prices would still have fallen over time. Players simply get more efficient at doing things.

Lower rig prices are not a bad thing, they grant everyone more options to customize their ship for less cost. T1 rigs are almost, though not quite yet, inexpensive enough to become a consumable item. And Eve needs more consumable items.

Hey, I love low rig prices, especially low T2 rigs.

I just wanted to explain to the OP that what he was asking for would work against his stated goals.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2014-07-23 17:10:36 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Dally Lama wrote:
Tippia wrote:

What we have is a suggestion that will not do what many people imagine it will do… Twisted

It's one of those “be careful what you ask for” suggestions.

I has something to do with a trap right? I don't think CCP would make wrecks have larger sigs than ships unless you salvage with an unscannable T3...
Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#38 - 2014-07-23 17:11:18 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Pheusia wrote:
kami Taranogas wrote:
One think i would like to see.

Marauders getting a salvaging bonus instead of a tractor bonus, The mobile tractor unit has made the bonus obsolete. Considering maruaders were designed to be the most efficient level 4 solo ship in part because of the tractor beams.. it only seems fair.

The noctis could use something as well..

The noctis is the very reason that salvage is worth so little.

Why is it so hard for people to understand this: when you have a resource that's widely available and easy & convenient to gather, then income per hour from that resource will always be low. The only way to avoid this is for CCP to put in artifical price support.

If you want to make ISK from being a salvager, then you should campaign for a nerf to the Noctis, resist a salvage bonus for Marauders and ask CCP to reduce the opportunities for salvaging.

Or, alternatively, kill missioners

Well yes this would help also.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#39 - 2014-07-23 17:17:09 UTC
Azure Rayl wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:
What's wrong with salvaging?

It's bland, boring and is not a viable end game skill, you make more isk in salvage by doing relic sites then you would by actually salvaging in a salvage ship.

Take your noctis to a known battlezone and clean up. There's plenty of isk to be made there, more than any relic site....

....ooooohhhh you mean risk free isk...

The bigger the risk, the bigger the reward.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Nathaniel Raynaud
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2014-07-24 01:41:55 UTC
didn't every corp used to keep one or two newbies as salvage monkeys? whatever happened to that
Previous page123Next page