These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

CCP Survery about Industry - Your opinion matters!

First post
Author
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2014-01-16 23:30:23 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Logibro
As you may have noticed, CCP (and especially there Team Game of Drones) is very interested in your opinion, preferences and behavior regarding Science & Industry in EVE.

As part of this investigation you can take part in a survey which was created to specifically support this investigation. Please take part in this survey which can be found here.

Please use the following thread for further discussions and feedback regarding the survey: Survey for Science & Industry - Your opinion matters!

Thank you!

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Far Wanderer
The New Bank of Far
#2 - 2014-02-07 06:08:47 UTC
Thank you for providing a link to the survey! Very much appreciated. Big smile

I really am wasting my breath though, when you can avoid questions from Hexxx and RAW23 like that you must have some seriously devoted investors. --Elizabeth Norn

H3llHound
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2014-02-11 22:54:55 UTC
have the results from the survey been looked at already/prioritized?
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-02-28 23:48:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Corraidhin Farsaidh
Two key things for me:

Tidy up the S&I interface:

It would be great to standardize the S&I interface so that PI, Manufacture and invention etc used the same style. e.g. when setting up the schematics in P&I you set a number of runs (or unlimited to just run as many times as possible). Factories default to feed products back to the storage that the precursor goods came from. The ability to save factory layouts as templates would be great.

Create real S&I missions

Moving dolls and 'special deliveries' is a bit lame. Real S&I missions that require creating specific items from PI, inventing BPC's from BPO's, reverse engineering items for empires, Epic Arc chains of S&I missions to create required items for Empire projects (stargates maybe?). Different reward mechanisms like moon mining rights tags that give an hours mining (or whatever time is appropriate) to be gathered up and used as and when or access tags that allow trips through empire gates into the new regions of space when they come online.
Allison A'vani
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-03-07 21:22:34 UTC
You all need to swallow the fact that it is awful old python and redo the POS system. Most end game S&I uses POSes, any serious inverter, manufacturer, or researcher uses POSes due to the time bonuses (except for the rapid and advanced assembly arrays, they are literally useless due to the increased material cost). The entire t2 production process, POSes, moon miner mining, simple reactions, and then advances reactions, inventing on the t1 BPCs (t2 BPOs are an entirely different discussion), only the end construction components are even thought to be made in a station due to how fast they produce, and t2 ships are all also produced in stations due to the increase ME cost of using an advanced ship assembly array.

Not to mention the fact that supers and titans have to be produced in a POS.
Cpt Swagg
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-04-14 10:28:09 UTC
hi
Vapuk Kripit
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2014-04-16 08:09:27 UTC
I believe a major priority should be to address POCO taxes.

The emergence of griefer-like taxation levels in HISEC is starting to make PI unviable for noobs like me starting out in EVE.

This is an ISK hungry game - and it is a very attractive option to sink a lot of time and effort in to getting a PI operation underway so that new players can enjoy the broad range of gaming experiences EVE offers.

But if that investment can be quixotically put at risk when a griefer corporation takes over the POCO and whacks taxes right up to >30% - it means there is no real return on investment.

I've already had to write off one PI base for this thing. And the same corporation has started taking over POCOs (and upping the tax rates) where I relocated to.

I thought PI was introduced partially as a way of engaging newbie players by offering the lower level returns in hisec to allow them to get a toe-hold in the game - griefer taxes effectively close off this avenue - is this the desired effect?

I do not know enough about the mechanics of the game to suggest how this should be addressed, but there is no sanction on a griefer corp doing this. One option would be for POCO owner to receive a penalty for liquidated bases - to be reimbursed to the PI owner.

Alternatively, some provisional taxation burdens on POCO owners - again - so that if a base is liquidated due to griefer taxation, the POCO owners have to pay future taxes based on prior revenue records. Again incentivising retaining PI bases.

I know to those that just want to harvest tears - these may be small penalties - but in hisec, there has to be some kind of expecation of some consequences of griefing? There is for ganking! And taxation griefing can easily have the same ISK impact on PI base owners!
Cymion
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-04-22 04:41:46 UTC
I never saw it in the survey, so I'm going to pose my question here.

Any chance of PI being overhauled with the rest of the industry stuff? I.E. the UI could def use some love (ability to save favorite layouts to reduce clicking around for 30 minutes at a time when setting up a new planet, etc)

Would also love to be able to resize the science & industry window so it doesn't take up a sizeable chunk of my screen when trying to warp to POCO's etc to pick up. But that's just me, perhaps there's a better way and I'm too dumb to find it thus far;)

Wake early if you want another man's life or land. No lamb for the lazy wolf. No battles won in bed.

Unknown Servent
Kanawa Interstellar Orbital Procurement
#9 - 2014-05-14 01:52:27 UTC
I would love empire based industry to be allowed to flourish a lot more. I feel the mega alliances in null sec pretty much got the game by the balls.

Here is my suggestion
Arrow Allow of empire P.I. to be worth while
Arrow Allow ABC minerals to be scanned down I dont just mean Jaspet .... but make it rare and in limited amount just like Ice fields are now
Arrow CCP please stop trying to force player into low sec/null sec

Deltarus Shadowflight
New Eden War Council
#10 - 2014-05-17 18:01:14 UTC
Im voting for a PI remake as well. Its an awesome idea and I have only just started having a go at it but the way its set out and the extreme lack of information is painful. After reading a few guides and two days of testing... plus more then a few million ISK, I finally got my head around it. I just want to get some materials flowing in for me to maybe roll on to trying manufacturing next. But after all the time and money I have thrown at PI just trying to learn it, it will take sometime before I feel comfortable moving along.

In regards to people taking over the POCO in highsec, if you look at it from a real world angle in the fact of how a corporation would really try to screw over and squeeze every last dollar out of someone... I can see how that would make sense. From a player in a game trying to make a buck and have fun... this kills it.
Vitank
State War Academy
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-06-26 16:44:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Vitank
CCP/Moderator,
-It seemed to fit with this topic.
-I'm not sure this is on the right thread, please move accordingly.

========================
UI Suggestions
========================

Why not make the S&I UI (to start with) a modular approach, similar to what CMS like Drupal does for website building? This would allow many of us to customize the view based on our needs.

========================
Simplified overview example
========================
1-Pick width.
  • Percent
  • Pixel

2-Pick # of column
  • 1 column
  • 2 column
  • 3 column

3-Input column size
4-Chose module for each column
5-Save setting
6-Assign to a button

========================
Modules example for production
========================
1a-Materials required (Text)
1b-Materials required (S-Icon)
1c-Materials required (L-Icon)

2a-Skills required (Text)
3a-ME level total (Text)
4a-ME level breakdown (Text)
5a-PE level (Text)
6a-PE level breakdown (Text)
7a-Cost of job installation (Text)
8a-BPO Search Box

etc....

========================
Other items to make it work
========================
-Give ability to Import / Export settings (like fits)
  • Share with your corp mates / alliance, etc

-Give the ability to open the S&I with specific settings (Via buttons in Neo comm)
  • Ability to separate/customize your view based on the job you are currently doing:
    • Install job,
    • Deliver Jobs,
    • Review BPO, etc)

-Ability for modules to "overflow" in next column.
-Ability for modules more then one column.

-This way, CCP can create the "default" and user friendly UI.
-The community can create the "power user" and "Job Specify" UI.
-Add modules with the right hooks could be a lot simpler to implement, then re-writing an entire UI just for a small change.
-You could easily add PI module, Research modules, etc.

Players would end up with a "dashboard" approach based on the Industry they currently perform.

V
Electrified Circuits
Predator Ewoks
#12 - 2014-06-27 20:34:16 UTC
PI
Calico Jack Rose
Original Sinners
Pandemic Legion
#13 - 2014-06-28 07:40:42 UTC
CCP I have to say that the whole not having to have standings to anchor a pos in high sec is about the craziest thing I have heard in a while are you trying to turn high sec in to null sec or what? I mean seriously before jumping the gun on things such as this why not get more player opinions as to what we think would make this game better after all we are the ones who keep it going. I may be completely wrong and if so apologies to all who took the time to read it but if things keep going in this direction theirs no point in having borders thus no point in playing because it takes the fun out of it for the little guys because if its that easy to place a pos then everyone will just pay mercs to clear out everyone until the next person comes along willing to pay to have them kicked out. Also War Decks! all one has to do is war deck and let it expire and not be out much while the people being WD is out of everything they worked hard for its pretty pathetic the people that can actually afford a war have nothing to stand in their way from WDing at will it needs to be fixed. MAke anyone who war decks pay a weekly fee no matter what so that atleast it cost them something to take everything from another player.
ChataJohn
#14 - 2014-07-07 20:31:57 UTC
If our opinion really mattered you would refrain from requiring the prints to be located in the PoS - having one is unsafe enough as it is without further chances to lose our shirts. It is not as if there is no in-system travel, comms, or copy technology...

If we wanted war red war - we wouldn't do Industry.

I also think you should truly randomize the Universe's mineral content across the board - elements don't necessarily segregate according to levels of human organization, police activity or State control. lol.

My only other major grip is - wtf is with not allowing drones on some ships? If it were a real world scenario in any venue - ships captains would have every weapon they could cram on or in them whether the ship was designed for it or not. I mean come on - Freighters with no drones - really? I'd have the damn things hanging off my ship like Christmas ornaments if there were no room inside ...
Albert Wittmann
#15 - 2014-07-22 16:16:33 UTC
Hello CCP,

i want the old UI back, the new UI eat half of my screen for this flashy blueprint-cake!
When i haven't activated a blueprint, then minimize this blueprint-cake please. As an industryworker i need at first pure overview, not blinky blinky, im so shiny, watch me, im so blinky shiny.

I want my green "ready"-status back, was fine visible, but now i have to search for a darkgrey slow flashing button, make the button green.

Oh, and the babyblue color is bad readable, if you have mediumgrey as theme like me.

And do a corphangar have now a limit of space? Can't deliver my ships now.

Oh, the finale product don't interesting me much, productiontime and cost are more interesting.
Azarion Sinak
678 lost souls
#16 - 2014-07-22 22:00:04 UTC
I love the UI changes. I love the slot availability.

What I miss and cant stand was changed was the tables moving from the MSSQL dump to a flat file.

This to me is really a bad move. I despise PHP, Linux, MySQL and all the rest of the toys. Yes, I am a .NET developer and a MSSQL DBA. Yes, those skills are my bread and butter and pay my bills. Having said that, I have tons of queries to mine Eve data and make my production as efficient as possible. Doing so from a flat file that is incredibly difficult to parse without delving into skillsets I don't have nor want to learn. Its ludicrious that we have to jump through hoops when it could be provided easily.

This change makes me want to drop Eve. It shouldn't be this frustrating to get back up to speed after a patch.
Jason Chase
Starcorp Heavy Industries
Divinity.
#17 - 2014-07-23 02:06:34 UTC
I rarely post in the forums, but so far I am very pleased with the overall redesign of the UI for S&I. With that said, the fact that we are now having to pay to research blueprints at POS's that we own is a major let down. We have to pay to fuel the tower, buy the labs and arrays, and now spend up to millions of isk to research a BPO that we had to pay millions for in many cases? In my opinion this change alone is going to seriously damage the industry which it was supposedly trying to help.

I am mainly an industrialist, and with the new changes it makes me want to quit altogether, which I might do, and then "hey, it's not my problem any more."
Ixidor Zorander
Coffee Club of Cautelous Chaps
#18 - 2014-07-23 09:03:44 UTC
In the past a perfect me freighter bpo was roughly 4b isk on contracts and it was reasonable considering the investment and time spent. A size able investment to someone new who wanted to be competitive.
Today, I seen a quote of 140b to up a chimera bpo from 7-10. I literally did a double triple check walked off and got coffee, returned and stared at my monitor.. counting numbers,,, one hundreds, thousands, millions, billions.... hmm....... once concluding ccp clearly has 3 decimal places represented.
I put all my isk save for 2b into corp wallet and clicked to proceed with the research and a red "you do not have the isk to complete this" message came up. ........ -_-......... no .... stinking...... way

ludicrous is a word I reserve for special occasions.... this being one of the few
Vartan Sarkisian
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#19 - 2014-07-23 10:23:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Vartan Sarkisian
- I like the new interface (even though it takes a while to get used to it)
- I like that I can see at a glance my ME and TE numbers.
- I like that it is easy to see my BPOs/BPCs no matter where they are.

- I've not worked out how I can determine how much a research or manufacturing job would cost in other systems.
- I don’ t know how to check the system index thingy to show me the cheapest place to uproot my entire manufacturing effort to.

- I am not sure the system index of the system I am in but the costs to put a T1 Destroyer TE from 0 to 20% was 28m and would take 66days is abysmal and from what i read on the forums about other people and the costs they are getting it would seem that currently industry is dead in the water. IF prices increase to cover such new costs then the costs to replace even basic ships and fittings will be astronomical.
-I have not seen any CCP responses to any of the fears/questions on these costs so not sure if these are working as intended or if they have dropped the ball and totally screwed industry (not that that would be admitted anyway).
corv jacksons
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2014-07-23 12:51:28 UTC
there are a lot of thing wrong with the industry patch i think ccp needs to look at it again
123Next page