These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Inventing Modules

Author
IMYou're Mum
Lezbian Foreign Legion
#1 - 2014-07-22 17:18:41 UTC
OK correct me If I am wrong.

Inventing modules used to be measured in an hour or so.

NOW they are taking 8-14 hours

Working as intended or bug?
Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#2 - 2014-07-22 17:24:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Victoria Sin
Intended.

Basically do this: Throw out everything you know about industry and start again. Keep your blueprints though Bear.
IMYou're Mum
Lezbian Foreign Legion
#3 - 2014-07-22 17:29:59 UTC
That was what I was afraid of.

In which case

With longer times taken to invent the module bpcs and therefore increase in time for the whole t2 module manufacturing process being stretched out for less return, who is going to tie up their invention slots for t2 modules?

What do you peeps think the impact of this is going to be on the t2 module market?
Katherine Raven
ALTA Industries
Intergalactic Conservation Movement
#4 - 2014-07-22 17:32:11 UTC
IMYou're Mum wrote:

In which case

With longer times taken to invent the module bpcs and therefore increase in time for the whole t2 module manufacturing process being stretched out for less return, who is going to tie up their invention slots for t2 modules?

What do you peeps think the impact of this is going to be on the t2 module market?

I plan on not building modules until the market settles and the new prices match the effort and time put in. With how easy starting jobs is now though, it's not all bad, but will definitely take some adjusting to.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#5 - 2014-07-22 17:42:19 UTC
It will be a month or more before the manufacturing activity price index is even realistic. [It appears to be zero at the moment.]

There is also a T2 production overhaul coming.

i.e. Be patient.
Netan MalDoran
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-07-22 18:29:20 UTC
IMYou're Mum wrote:

Everything will get expensive, we can make more ISK Big smile...until we need to fit out ships and buy those T2 mods Sad

"Your security status has been lowered." - Hell yeah it was!

Falcon's truth

Brock Nelson
#7 - 2014-07-22 18:35:26 UTC
I think its a bit more balanced. You could poop out more T2 BPCs than you could keep up with manufacturing of it.

Signature removed, CCP Phantom

Shoogie
Serious Pixels
#8 - 2014-07-22 18:43:47 UTC
8 or 14 hour module inventions are not going to change much in terms of throughput since slots are now infinite.

I used to log in all my alts one at a time and queue up inventions for all of them. Go to sleep. Wake up. Go to work. Log back in the next evening, deliver all the inventions and install more.

Now I can still do that. All the jobs start when I push submit instead of getting queued. I still deliver just as many inventions per day.

But like others said, the market will react. Prices for just about everything will need to rise to make up for the new isk sinks. Some people will quit industry. Some people will start for the first time. Profits will be out there somewhere.
IMYou're Mum
Lezbian Foreign Legion
#9 - 2014-07-22 19:17:00 UTC
I agree slots are infinate

However jobs one (And an army of alts) can run are finate.

These jobs now take up use of slots longer.

Interesting comments re overhaul and the statement that BPCs were churned out quiker than the manufacturing