These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Ships used for solo Lv 4 mission running

Author
Jason Torville
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#41 - 2011-12-07 04:48:04 UTC
I agree with the post above me. Some missions are annoying though. I had a Lvl 4 "The Assault" against the Serps and their sensor dampening really annoyed me. The thing about the Mach is that a lot of the tank comes from killing stuff before they can really damage you, something that is hard if you need to get to 14km just to be able to lock them... I keep a tengu for this reason which is slower, but better for long range. In the end, if you're running missions, the Mach and the Tengu are probably the most flexible which I deeply appreciate. The Maelstrom is a good trainer for the Mach, especially with T2 AC's which let you fit a pretty impressive gank/tank combo.
Wyte Ragnarok
#42 - 2011-12-07 10:35:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Wyte Ragnarok
Umega wrote:
Plasma is a 50% base dmg bump over Sabot.. quite significant even when figuring resists (I'm pretty sure). I used plasma on Guristas.

Dump the cap booster for shield amp. Go with the T2 RoF rig and EM shield rig combo. I only had to flee from missions because of when I did something stupid like pop trigs too soon.. or Guristas have me perma locked. Either or, having more cap doesn't help, either going to sit there perma-jammed and hope aggressive set drones (bad idea if some rifter wants to grief you, shoot you so drones aggro them and CONCORD pops both of you).. or run out and come back so you can pop enough of the ecm down to make it bearable again. And popping too many trigs in certain missions.. having cap isn't going to matter when too much dps is melting your active tank.

Know how to do missions correctly and scraming rats should be dealt with immediately.. everything else will be easy and fast with its speed n applied dps.

Aha. I'm used to running ships that need a lot of cap for guns. Looked at EFT and then it suddenly hit me in the face, without the booster running it's stable at 72% (with my skills and implants, working on some AB cap skills), which leaves plenty of cap for solely just the booster. Thanks for that, wouldn't have realised otherwise! Swapped it for a Shield Amp, but the problem is I'm a little over with CPU (755.25 / 750). The only thing I can think of doing is swapping the Tracking Enhancers for RF ones, even just one would do... So I could do that to save some CPU.
The T2 ROF rig brings damage up from 1100 (at all V) to 1161, so seems an alright investment. Might consider a different shield rig, like Kinetic, as it will only really be going against Angel/Guristas, Kinetic would possibly be more useful?
Thomas Coe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2011-12-07 22:00:12 UTC
Mach..
Cerberine Saken
Eternal Ennui
#44 - 2011-12-07 22:19:17 UTC
Any of the marauders should be able to do level 4 missions - as somebody else pointed out already, that's what they're made for. Personally, I've used a CNR (classic) and a Scorpion Navy Issue, and actually prefer the scorpion. DPS is slightly lower than on a CNR, but it's got a waaaay better tank, and with 8 mid slots, you still have some room for utility, like target painters. That's just my two-cents' worth on economical level 4 mission ships. To be honest, though, just fit the mach for incursions and go run those all day. Way better money than level 4 missions.
Previous page123