These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Starting the Crius upgrade downtime poll.

First post
Author
Zachri
The Darwin Foundation
#41 - 2014-07-22 08:42:41 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
No, I won't bet anyone a beer this time... Fanfest was expensive!

Lol

I still think you should bet again :P

What's the worst that could happen, not remembering it? :P
Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#42 - 2014-07-22 08:49:19 UTC
000Hunter000 wrote:
Gawd... i tried to make sense of all the Industrial stuff thats gonna change, but it makes my lil brain hurt.

I (used to) do a lil Industrial stuff, but i wonder if i should bother with it after this patch... al the big industrials seemed to be pleased, but to me it just felt it getting a lot more complicated to make a few T2 rounds or a few modules.

Oh well... Maybe i'm wrong...

*setting a loooong skill and waiting for the carnage*

Don't knock it til it comes live and ya can look it over on TQ, if my calculations are correct your ammo will get a significant speed boost.
Doctor Bonn Young
Drunken Reprobates
#43 - 2014-07-22 08:49:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Doctor Bonn Young
Just installed the client upgrade without a glitch. It downloaded in one time. No repair.exe needed as usual for me.
Now let's hope that this new patch will not kill Eve (the game) or the Hamsters.
Shelby Dusette
Division 13
#44 - 2014-07-22 08:49:37 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Lol

Willing to gamble other commodities aside from beer Mister Falcon??

4h 20mins..

... and 69 seconds. Oops

Zachri
The Darwin Foundation
#45 - 2014-07-22 08:54:09 UTC
Doctor Bonn Young wrote:
Just installed the client upgrade without a glitch. It downloaded in one time. No repair.exe needed as usual for me.
Now let's hope that this new patch will not kill Eve (the game) or the Hamsters.

That's just the first patch :P

Serious again though, so much has improved, it's remarkable. There was a time when patchday was like an ongoing Russian Roulette session.

Then again, they also had their surprise ******* type of patchdays. I'm sure some folks vividly remember Tyrannis, when the party got rudely interrupted by cripling feature problems :P

Just do as CCP Phantom. Bet with beers, and everything will work out. Eventually.
Derrick Miles
Death Rabbit Ky Oneida
#46 - 2014-07-22 09:00:20 UTC
Zachri wrote:

Just do as CCP Phantom. Bet with beers, and everything will work out. Eventually.

I tried that once. It didn't work out so well.
Darkblad
Doomheim
#47 - 2014-07-22 09:03:02 UTC
Deployment Time: 3 hours, 37 minutes.

Time to motivate myself for leaving the beach: 5 hours Cool

NPEISDRIP

Zachri
The Darwin Foundation
#48 - 2014-07-22 09:03:37 UTC
Derrick Miles wrote:
Zachri wrote:

I tried that once. It didn't work out so well.

It takes hard work, you have to invest in it. Just try and try again.

Gorinia Sanford
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2014-07-22 09:12:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Gorinia Sanford
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Better yet, how many threads of people crying about not being informed in advance of the industrial changes.

I've read those, I know what's coming. Some of it doesn't apply to me, but other stuff I've read up on.

One experiment I decided to do is I popped out of the station, mined a short cycle of some veld, separated out 333 units (current batch size) and donated the rest to the corporation. At my current skills at my station, I would get 963 units of tritanium.

What I'll do tomorrow after the patch is live, is take that same 333 and see what I would get when I refine it. That way I'll have a rough idea on if it's cost effective for me to refine my own ore or let one of my corp mates do it on the POS we have set up. Either way, I'll know how it affects me directly.

This indy character isn't going to get caught flat footed on the refining end. Now as for how prices will be affected, that I'll have to see as events unfold.

EDIT:

Oh and OP, my guess is 4.5 hours to get the patch rolled out.
Zachri
The Darwin Foundation
#50 - 2014-07-22 09:15:38 UTC
Gorinia Sanford wrote:
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Better yet, how many threads of people crying about not being informed in advance of the industrial changes.

I've read those, I know what's coming. Some of it doesn't apply to me, but other stuff I've read up on.

One experiment I decided to do is I popped out of the station, mined a short cycle of some veld, separated out 333 units (current batch size) and donated the rest to the corporation. At my current skills at my station, I would get 963 units of tritanium.

What I'll do tomorrow after the patch is live, is take that same 333 and see what I would get when I refine it. That way I'll have a rough idea on if it's cost effective for me to refine my own ore or let one of my corp mates do it on the POS we have set up. Either way, I'll know how it affects me directly.

This indy character isn't going to get caught flat footed on the refining end. Now as for how prices will be affected, that I'll have to see as events unfold.

EDIT:

Hint: Sisi. The test server.

Maintaining an install for that, or checking up on it every once in a while, is extremely handy. Whether it is for pvp, or industry, doesn't matter. It allows you to figure out how things are changing, in what direction they're going, and you can come up with a plan well in advance.
Gorinia Sanford
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2014-07-22 09:22:06 UTC
Zachri wrote:
Gorinia Sanford wrote:
Caviar Liberta wrote:

EDIT:

Hint: Sisi. The test server.

Maintaining an install for that, or checking up on it every once in a while, is extremely handy. Whether it is for pvp, or industry, doesn't matter. It allows you to figure out how things are changing, in what direction they're going, and you can come up with a plan well in advance.

Hmmm, I'll have to give that a shot at some point in the future. Thanks for the tip.
Marc Durant
#52 - 2014-07-22 09:28:24 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Lol

Oh come on, it'll be fun. What could go wrong?

Yes, yes I am. Thanks for noticing.

Janeway84
Insane's Asylum
#53 - 2014-07-22 09:32:28 UTC
Ccp manage to introduce a new bug , wich makes noses have a sideeffect.
Any ship being nosed insta explodes Big smile
Its like the drone exploit but better? Twisted
Also when refining in wh poses your minerals produce moon goo P
Its too hot here...
Hakaari Uisen
Evgeni Konung Corporation
#54 - 2014-07-22 09:33:35 UTC
Mine's all patched... I'm glad for the early downtime, good to see CCP being proactive for those timezones where DT is in the evening.
Lady Areola Fappington
#55 - 2014-07-22 09:37:32 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Lol

Oh c'mon FalcoBro, what're the chances that lightning like THAT would strike twice!

I say, go for double or nothing.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Snagletooth Johnson
Snagle Material Services
CAStabouts
#56 - 2014-07-22 09:47:48 UTC
Eternity, cause..you know, Eve is dead.
yarm88
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#57 - 2014-07-22 09:57:55 UTC
is the PLEX sale expected?
Hakaari Uisen
Evgeni Konung Corporation
#58 - 2014-07-22 10:09:02 UTC
Hey CCP how about doing a behind the scenes video of what goes on during a large patch like this?
Mhari Dson
Lazy Brothers Inc
#59 - 2014-07-22 10:13:26 UTC
Hakaari Uisen wrote:
Hey CCP how about doing a behind the scenes video of what goes on during a large patch like this?

+1

I'm imagining it looking like an episode of benny hill in fast forward!
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#60 - 2014-07-22 10:14:40 UTC
Also, CCP needs to fix their CDN. It took almost 2 minutes to download this thing. Cry