These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Launcher freeze and authenticating process freeze on mac.

First post
Author
Tetsuo Tsukaya
Perkone
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-07-17 00:59:57 UTC
Still nothing for me, and no response to my petition from two weeks ago. Set both my accounts not to renew my subscription because I can't even log in. Unbelievable
Bobby Thellere
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-07-18 17:11:58 UTC
I am also suffering from the login freezing at the authentication step. I have submitted a petition.
Domino Vyse
FeedingMachine
War and Wormhole
#23 - 2014-07-18 17:57:23 UTC
I just deleted the entire contents of the cache folder, works again now.
Morihei Akachi
Doomheim
#24 - 2014-07-19 13:01:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Morihei Akachi
This afternoon I discovered I had now moved on from the "only finishes authenticating on the second try"-problem to the "launcher freezes with the spinning beach-ball of death" one. Trying to start the game from EVE Online/Contents/Resources/EVE Online gave me the old-style log-in, but that consistently froze up half-way through the authentication process. Flash was/is up-to-date. I had cleared the launcher cache completely. Nothing was responding. I managed to get the launcher working again by re-clearing the cache and then quitting and re-opening it, forcing it to re-validate the client. When this completed, I was able to launch the game, but now—four tries so far—the client steadfastly refuses to authenticate. Tabbing out is possible, but it still freezes in the background, so I'm not sure what that achieves.

It would be cool if there were some indication from our friends in Reykjavik that someone is looking into this.

Edit: Ok, when in doubt … I just deleted the entire EVE Online folder from ~Library/Application Support/. Suddenly everything works again (although my overview looks like a cat’s breakfast).

Edit 2: Just realized that this is the suggestion being made immediately above. Roll

"Enduring", "restrained" and "ample" as designations for starship components are foreign to the genre of high-tech science fiction and don’t belong in Eve Online. (And as for “scoped” …)

Domino Vyse
FeedingMachine
War and Wormhole
#25 - 2014-07-19 19:03:59 UTC
I didnt suggest deleting all of your settings. Just your cache folder.

I did exactly that and my client is now working perfectly, and my overview is just as it was.
Morihei Akachi
Doomheim
#26 - 2014-07-19 19:46:14 UTC
Yeah, I put the settings back after I realized I'd solved (at least my version of) the problem. So you're right: just the cache folder will do it.

"Enduring", "restrained" and "ample" as designations for starship components are foreign to the genre of high-tech science fiction and don’t belong in Eve Online. (And as for “scoped” …)

Audrey Alistar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-07-21 18:17:45 UTC
I´m having the same issue for almost a week now!

starting launcher, logging in and get freeze on authentication screen.
Cleared cache, deinstalled, repaired client, rebooted OVER AND OVER AGAIN, filed ticked, filed bug report. still NOTHING. no response from CCP to their paying customers and no solution for the issue.

i´m trying to login for 2h straight. freezes i manually close the client and try it again. its a trial and error game after 20 times it works.

what the hell is going on CCP? im really loosing it over here... you attract mac users to pay for a subscription and can't deliver what you offer??? really?

go do your job and at least respond! im expecting CCP to statement this issue and show some initiative our you´ll loose committed and paying customers.

Jane Hemah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2014-07-21 20:31:03 UTC
I am affraid to say that after 1 or 2 weeks of the game running very well i just got the issue back again X . I have no idea what could be causing this. My petition was answered but only to tell to fill up a bug report. And obviously no response from those guys.
And the petition GM gave me my time back tho. Will try to update my flash.
Jane Hemah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2014-07-21 20:38:23 UTC
Tetsuo Tsukaya wrote:
Still nothing for me, and no response to my petition from two weeks ago. Set both my accounts not to renew my subscription because I can't even log in. Unbelievable

Send a message back like: Hello any body there? :) might work.
Jane Hemah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2014-07-21 21:41:15 UTC
Hey guys i have started an other ticket with the new issues i have and i link them this post so we might have some feedback soon enough.
I will keep you posted.
CCP Sledgehammer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#31 - 2014-08-05 16:46:33 UTC
Hi folks,

Thanks for the information you are providing. I'll try and get some in-house reproductions and report back this week.

Graphical QA Analyst | EVE Quality Assurance | Team TriLambda

Jane Hemah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2014-08-10 16:55:20 UTC
Hi sledge well to be honest since crius i did not encountered this issue. Looks like it was fixed.
Previous page12