These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Which ship for 0.0 Angel ratting?

Author
Trader Joe Jackson
Shoot ship and salvage Inc
#1 - 2014-07-20 11:09:21 UTC
Ok, here is the deal. I plan to move out to an area in 0.0 with Angel rats, and try my hand there. The main problem is that the only weapons that I have trained up for battleships are hybrids, which are not a really great choice. So I am wondering if someone could give me a point in the right direction on where I should go to make this happen.

My core skills are solid, and my drone skills are good for smaller drones, but no sentries or heavy, which is also a pretty major downer. I have absolutely zero projectile specific skills, although my general gunnery skills are near perfect. I have limited missile skills as well, to further compound the issue.

So... yeah. I have Hybrids ready to go, and I am working on T2 Large Energy as well, although that isnt exactly Angel material either. Should I just bite the bullet and start on Drones and for something like a Rattlesnake, or focus on getting projectiles for a Maelstrom? I am sure that I could do Mach, but it is too much bling for my liking.

Also to note, I have mostly shield skills, and some half assed armor skills, which is why I am leaning away from Dominix.
Rankan
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-07-20 13:56:49 UTC
If your gunnery support skills are good then projectiles sound like your best bet. With Gunnery V already trained for large hybrids you could train large projectiles up to 3 in around a day and a half which is good enough to get you going with meta 4 guns on a Mael.
Trader Joe Jackson
Shoot ship and salvage Inc
#3 - 2014-07-20 14:59:07 UTC
I dont have Minmatar BS, but I am training for projectiles now, and will get BS after. Is there any point in my trying out in a Hurricane (sinec I have Minmatar BC V) or should I just go with a Mael? I usually have better skills for my ships, so I am a bit uneasy with the thought of having a BS at III, and projectiles at III.
Julius Priscus
#4 - 2014-07-20 17:20:15 UTC
I used to use a mach but now use a vargur... both are equally great in thier own ways.
Rankan
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-07-21 01:38:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Rankan
Hurricane will work for belt ratting and the smaller sites while your working on skills. The Tornado will also work as long as you keep your distance. Angels are short range rats for the most part, a few of the BS can hit you at range though so they should always be primary. Sit back with artillery and snipe, don't wade into the middle of the packs and you should be fine until your skills are better.

Be sure to plug your EM hole, found out the hard way the Seraphim's do a nasty bit of damage with it the first time I was in Angel space. Roll
Skelee VI
C5 Flight
Fraternity.
#6 - 2014-07-24 19:32:13 UTC
Only one ship for Angels - the mach!
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2014-07-24 23:36:00 UTC
Can you fly an Ishtar ?
Holgrak Blacksmith
Prophets of Motav