These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New Industry UI still needs some key features added

First post
Author
xartin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2014-07-19 01:44:44 UTC  |  Edited by: xartin
I've been eagerly keeping an eye on updated crius builds on sisi over the last month and have been so far disappointed by the state of blueprint list and usability of it. I suggested these issues be attended to at least a month ago but so far these two major concerns haven't been fixed with the third being a new issue i was expecting to be addressed given the WIP of new things.

To your credit you did add the ability to select blueprint copies or originals but that isn't enough to meet the capabilities of the old industry UI blueprint list filters that do make it a much more pleasant utility to use when you have a LOT of blueprints to sort through. also being able to resize the UI is a rather pleasant creature feature so thanks for that.

1) when selecting corp assets from blueprints list stations with impounded corp hangars containing blueprints in assets are offered as usable selections. this needs to be fixed asap as this will cause errors using the new system and confusion for corp members.

Our corp is significantly old enough in eve to have assets in every corner of new eden with blueprints available in the list of stations our corp members haven't been able to access in years due to being impounded. Other corps will likely find this to be an even more significant issue as only corp directors or ceos should see locations of impounded assets. There's a place for this information to be displayed and it is definitely not in the industry UI.

2) the blueprint list lacks any features the old industry UI offered to filter and select blueprints by blueprint categories to quickly drill down to locate groups of blueprints not by names.

3) the new industry UI allows you to choose how many runs per blueprint copy you want per submitted job but blueprint originals do not offer any information stating how many runs maximum are allowed per blueprint original
asteroidjas
Rothschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services
The Possum Lodge
#2 - 2014-07-19 15:11:30 UTC
I didn't enjoy having to dodge through the mess of all the blueprints that were currently in jobs (greyed out) while trying to select what prints i wanted to use...i thought thats why we have a 'jobs' tab...yet another proof that most of the devs have no concept of player usage.
CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2014-07-19 18:03:11 UTC
asteroidjas wrote:
I didn't enjoy having to dodge through the mess of all the blueprints that were currently in jobs (greyed out) while trying to select what prints i wanted to use...i thought thats why we have a 'jobs' tab...yet another proof that most of the devs have no concept of player usage.


We could potentially add a filter for this, will discuss it with the team.

We want to keep them in the blueprint list so you don't have to remember what blueprints you have available and at what ME / TE levels etc, you lose this information on the jobs list. It also looks a little weird with them disappearing when you submit a job.

CCP Nullarbor // Senior Engineer // Team Game of Drones

CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2014-07-19 18:07:48 UTC
xartin wrote:
1) when selecting corp assets from blueprints list stations with impounded corp hangars containing blueprints in assets are offered as usable selections. this needs to be fixed asap as this will cause errors using the new system and confusion for corp members.


This is a really good point thanks. We will likely change the blueprint list to just exclude these.

xartin wrote:
2) the blueprint list lacks any features the old industry UI offered to filter and select blueprints by blueprint categories to quickly drill down to locate groups of blueprints not by names.


Also good feedback, is it just the group selection you miss from the old one?

xartin wrote:
3) the new industry UI allows you to choose how many runs per blueprint copy you want per submitted job but blueprint originals do not offer any information stating how many runs maximum are allowed per blueprint original


Originals can install as many runs as fit within the 30 day maximum time limit. The latest build on SiSi should show you the maximum amount that fits when you go to install a manufacturing job.

Thanks again for your feedback.

CCP Nullarbor // Senior Engineer // Team Game of Drones

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#5 - 2014-07-19 18:18:14 UTC
The UI thread got a yes we have seen those posts after I raised the issue after it was closed. A list of Ui improvements planned for the coming weeks would cut down on a lot of the threadnaughts that will show up this coming week. Wont stop the should have been pushed a couple more weeks one but it will help.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

xartin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2014-07-19 20:53:39 UTC
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
xartin wrote:
2) the blueprint list lacks any features the old industry UI offered to filter and select blueprints by blueprint categories to quickly drill down to locate groups of blueprints not by names.


Also good feedback, is it just the group selection you miss from the old one?


Thanks again for your feedback.


Yes this is so very useful and efficient.

http://i.imgur.com/iygk2DB.png
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#7 - 2014-07-20 03:08:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Shiloh Templeton
Not sure where to post this since the UI sticky thread is gone:

- The job Stop 'CONFIRM' button should change back to 'STOP' if you click anywhere other than the Confirm button. Currently you have to select another blueprint to get the the button to change back to 'Stop'. I'd hate to cancel a 30 day job by accident.

- Would be nice for the BPO research rank to be listed in 'show info'.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#8 - 2014-07-20 03:10:38 UTC
Shiloh Templeton wrote:
Not sure where to post this since the UI sticky thread is gone:

- The job Stop 'CONFIRM' button should change back to 'STOP' if you click anywhere other than the Confirm button. Currently you have to select another blueprint to get the the button to change back to 'Stop'. I'd hate to cancel a 30 day job by accident.

know issue thread to make sure people see it or the consolidated feed back thread.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#9 - 2014-07-20 11:26:14 UTC
Btw last I checked my filter settings weren't remembering themselves

The Drake is a Lie

Angie Chatter
#10 - 2014-07-21 15:18:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Angie Chatter
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
asteroidjas wrote:
I didn't enjoy having to dodge through the mess of all the blueprints that were currently in jobs (greyed out) while trying to select what prints i wanted to use...i thought thats why we have a 'jobs' tab...yet another proof that most of the devs have no concept of player usage.


We could potentially add a filter for this, will discuss it with the team.

We want to keep them in the blueprint list so you don't have to remember what blueprints you have available and at what ME / TE levels etc, you lose this information on the jobs list. It also looks a little weird with them disappearing when you submit a job.


This was the default behavior before and now it add's so much clutter.

Try this, setup 100 RE jobs inside the same corp devision. You end up with a list of 100 "grayed" out BPC on top of your actual artifact stacks. The only reason this is even usable is the "trick" that you can sort by "TE" and all grayed out BPC are at the bottom of the list.

I still don't understand why i need those "gray" entries in this list, all i can do is cancel the job from there?

So plz add more filters to this!

The other problem i noticed is that the "output" devision is not saved? I have to manually switch the devision for each new job?

I also notice quite some delay after starting a job, before i can use the UI again to setup a new one? Will this be reduced/fixed on live?
Chuck Dgrow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-07-22 00:14:44 UTC
Quote:

CCP Nullarbor wrote:
2) the blueprint list lacks any features the old industry UI offered to filter and select blueprints by blueprint categories to quickly drill down to locate groups of blueprints not by names.

Also good feedback, is it just the group selection you miss from the old one?

Thanks again for your feedback.



Im a bit sad that didnt hit today sisi patch ! Im kind of scare that will hit TQ the way it is right now on sisi without that simple group sorting feature.

Another thing, i cant seem to be able to browse the BPO / C that are stored in the POS array to start job from the UI. Is that the way CCP want it ?