These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Warning Re: Useless Mercs - Worm Hole./Honorable Third Party

First post
Author
Tsalaroth
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#121 - 2014-07-18 15:05:44 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
Del Hollas wrote:
At the end of the day, we have raging hard-ons for WH Bushido.
Yeh, I am used to that, but I left WH space 2 years ago. Lol

You should come back. The more content, the better.

I would honestly welcome Marmite moving into wormhole space for a while. It would lead to some chaos.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#122 - 2014-07-18 15:09:45 UTC
I think we all would.

I would be curious to see just how many of their members would make the move.

Hypothetically, of course.

Tora?

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Judas Lonestar
Stryker Industries
Stryker Group
#123 - 2014-07-18 15:39:15 UTC
To be honest I'd welcome (And hell, even help) anyone moving in to WH space.

We need more wormholers, frankly its a pretty barren landscape these days.
Sky' Darkstar
Magnetar Dynamics
#124 - 2014-07-18 15:40:31 UTC
Judas Lonestar wrote:
Sky' Darkstar wrote:
Judas Lonestar wrote:
Mike Adoulin wrote:
So...what is it you are trying to say?

Sounds like these guys did you a huge favor or three.

Forsaken Asylum is probably going to give you some tough fights tho.

We are saying a few simple things, do try to keep up?

1 - The Merc corp in question is bad
2 - We like fights. Even better if they just show right up on our doorstep
3 - We look forward to the new round of good fights, but suspect we may need to train them how to scan first. Classes start at 1400 every Tuesday.
4 - When in doubt, shoot a fleet mate. This will ensure you are on SOMEONES killmail.

No one needs to "keep up" your alliance mate is just horrible at explaining anything in text form.

Well Mike clearly needed help in keeping up. We dont have time to explain everything as if we are talking to 2nd graders. I see that we were mistaken on both Mr. Mike and yourself.

Remember, the pointy end goes towards the enemy. Dont poke your eye out kid.

Sure man hide behind some childish insults I guess *shurgs*. Whatever floats your boat little buddy!

-Sky'

Alexhandr Shkarov
The MorningStar. Syndicate
#125 - 2014-07-18 16:14:13 UTC
Interesting to see how Sky is trolling himself by just posting here.

All my posts are on my personal title and should not be confused as me speaking for anyone else.

Brutus Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#126 - 2014-07-18 18:30:15 UTC
As my ongoing mission to enlighten the way to Wormhole Life, I thought I'd throw some tips out there for the novice.

If a signature splits in two when scanning, pick the furthest one from the scan centre, its the one you are looking for.

No where to run, connecting wormholes are the most dangerous place to fight but also the most exciting.

Docking games, WH equivalent is the fight on hi sec wormhole connections some of you hi sec guys may enjoy this due to it's similiarity with docking games. The bonus here is no station guns.

Covops there everywhere.

Vayeate Marquise
Doomheim
#127 - 2014-07-18 19:12:31 UTC
RZ Tivianne wrote:
Holy reading comprehension issues, this thread should be eligible for one of those 'reasons to stay in school' ads.

Let's clear a few things up:

1) My only concern when I first posted this thread was that (I thought) Honorable Third Party were mercs that had broken contract. That's not cool. Turns out I was wrong, and that the guy that hired the mercs is actually hilariously incompetent. (Related note, nice job on the POS defense last night fellas.)

2) Whoever jacked up Maximo's face also did some brain damage, because I never claimed hisec mercs were weak, I simply said I look forward to generating content with them, and decided to aid them in finding us with a friendly contract of probes and a probe launcher. Unfortunately some of my alliancemates decided to... show their butts in the thread, but that's their problem, not mine. Also, the guy you replied to about carebear killing wasn't even in the alliance that linked the carebear kill, so again, see above re: brain damage.

3) I enjoy how hilariously weird this thread got, when the OP was just about some (what I thought was) dishonest mercs. Heck, we got Surely You're Joking showing up, Cannibal Kane, some dude named Jayne Filion (who are you?), and Narwhals.

4) Thanks for the tip about the kill-board link, very sweet of you.

5) @Honorable Third Party, if you guys ever feel like brawling, we could get some guys out your way with some notice. We tend to just do things down our chain, but can be coaxed to cross k-space if need be.

6) @Kagura Nikon, I'm not here to talk trash, because you're right, I would (and did!) make a miserable hisec merc. It's not my thing, I like WHs, I live in them full time, across many characters. If you decide to hunt us down in our WH, we will give you a fight without hesitation, but we are WHers, we don't leave unless we absolutely have to, because this is our favorite place to be.

[THIRD] is a Nomadic PvP Alliance
Public Channel: Dame Hel's Hangout
Available for Hire <<< Posing as mercs

http://evewho.com/alli/Honorable+Third+Party

jaynes a well known (ok nvm nobody really knows him) scammer. runs crappy t1 rail corm fleets that mostly just km whore and does just about anything to get some attention including failing quite hilariously at being elected for csm.

Problem? ~.~

Koz Katral
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#128 - 2014-07-18 19:23:48 UTC
is this thread about us again now?

Jayne is a massive scammer guys - runs public fleets that anyone can join and all that happens is they get kill mails :(((((
Judas Lonestar
Stryker Industries
Stryker Group
#129 - 2014-07-18 19:42:47 UTC
Koz Katral wrote:
is this thread about us again now?

Jayne is a massive scammer guys - runs public fleets that anyone can join and all that happens is they get kill mails :(((((

Why you tryin to steal the glory?

This is about us. US!! You go get your own thread!
Brutus Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#130 - 2014-07-18 19:47:51 UTC
yeah get your own thread, or post something about living in Wormholes. Education Education Education.

Oh I felt so childish for a moment.
Koz Katral
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#131 - 2014-07-18 19:50:11 UTC
It was the CEO of our wormhole corp that scammed the dude that started this thread, DOES THAT COUNT?
Siobhan MacLeary
Doomheim
#132 - 2014-07-18 21:36:16 UTC
Koz Katral wrote:
It was the CEO of our wormhole corp that scammed the dude that started this thread, DOES THAT COUNT?

No, because nobody in OI got scammed. We helped some dudes finish moving out, and they tried to hire you dudes as mercs. Cue, scam.

Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.” - CCP Soundwave

Jayne Fillon
#133 - 2014-07-18 22:20:33 UTC
Vayeate Marquise wrote:

jaynes a well known (ok nvm nobody really knows him) scammer. runs crappy t1 rail corm fleets that mostly just km ***** and does just about anything to get some attention including failing quite hilariously at being elected for csm.

To be fair, it doesn't say what you're hiring us to do....
mercenary work is only one of many things that I can and do pay people for. Lol

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Seraph IX Basarab
Outer Path
Seraphim Division
#134 - 2014-07-18 22:45:50 UTC
Lol
Alexhandr Shkarov
#135 - 2014-07-19 13:24:26 UTC
Vayeate Marquise wrote:
RZ Tivianne wrote:
Holy reading comprehension issues, this thread should be eligible for one of those 'reasons to stay in school' ads.

Let's clear a few things up:

1) My only concern when I first posted this thread was that (I thought) Honorable Third Party were mercs that had broken contract. That's not cool. Turns out I was wrong, and that the guy that hired the mercs is actually hilariously incompetent. (Related note, nice job on the POS defense last night fellas.)

2) Whoever jacked up Maximo's face also did some brain damage, because I never claimed hisec mercs were weak, I simply said I look forward to generating content with them, and decided to aid them in finding us with a friendly contract of probes and a probe launcher. Unfortunately some of my alliancemates decided to... show their butts in the thread, but that's their problem, not mine. Also, the guy you replied to about carebear killing wasn't even in the alliance that linked the carebear kill, so again, see above re: brain damage.

3) I enjoy how hilariously weird this thread got, when the OP was just about some (what I thought was) dishonest mercs. Heck, we got Surely You're Joking showing up, Cannibal Kane, some dude named Jayne Filion (who are you?), and Narwhals.

4) Thanks for the tip about the kill-board link, very sweet of you.

5) @Honorable Third Party, if you guys ever feel like brawling, we could get some guys out your way with some notice. We tend to just do things down our chain, but can be coaxed to cross k-space if need be.

6) @Kagura Nikon, I'm not here to talk trash, because you're right, I would (and did!) make a miserable hisec merc. It's not my thing, I like WHs, I live in them full time, across many characters. If you decide to hunt us down in our WH, we will give you a fight without hesitation, but we are WHers, we don't leave unless we absolutely have to, because this is our favorite place to be.

jaynes a well known (ok nvm nobody really knows him) scammer. runs crappy t1 rail corm fleets that mostly just km ***** and does just about anything to get some attention including failing quite hilariously at being elected for csm.

"Available for hire" with no specifications, no set actions we take etc. I am for hire too if people need something but does that make me a mercenary? Not really :)

All my posts are on my personal title and should not be confused as me speaking for anyone else.

Alexhandr Shkarov
#136 - 2014-07-19 13:27:39 UTC
Siobhan MacLeary wrote:
Koz Katral wrote:

No, because nobody in OI got scammed. We helped some dudes finish moving out, and they tried to hire you dudes as mercs. Cue, scam.

Yes, it was a scam.
It was a scam as our wormhole corp isn't even a mercenary corp. The guys who lost their 1B ISK did so at their own mistake, by trusting people they didn't know and didn't check the background of. I was on teamspeak when the scam went down.

If you're hiring a mercenary you're ought to do some fieldwork before handing over the ISK and POS passwords. The guys who got scammed didn't. Welcome to EVE. It's hilarious how the OP is really grumpy that we took the money that they went to "siege a pos for", in 30 minutes time. Hell they had free POS passwords.

Moral of the story:

If you go full ****** and do not check the facts, you deserve to lose your money.

Tsalaroth
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#137 - 2014-07-19 15:22:33 UTC
Alexhandr Shkarov wrote:
Siobhan MacLeary wrote:
Koz Katral wrote:

Yes, it was a scam.
It was a scam as our wormhole corp isn't even a mercenary corp. The guys who lost their 1B ISK did so at their own mistake, by trusting people they didn't know and didn't check the background of. I was on teamspeak when the scam went down.

If you're hiring a mercenary you're ought to do some fieldwork before handing over the ISK and POS passwords. The guys who got scammed didn't. Welcome to EVE. It's hilarious how the OP is really grumpy that we took the money that they went to "siege a pos for", in 30 minutes time. Hell they had free POS passwords.

Moral of the story:

If you go full ****** and do not check the facts, you deserve to lose your money.

Know how I know you didn't read the entire thread? OP has since retracted the statements regarding THIRD.

Simpler version for ya: Group A gets our towers spiked in their wh by Group C. They contact Group B thinking they were Mercs and get scammed. Group C blows up Group A's tower and leaves. Group A then hires 3 actual merc corps to go after Group C. More details emerged and it turned out that Group B was actually Group D.
Vayeate Marquise
Doomheim
#138 - 2014-07-19 19:08:43 UTC
Alexhandr Shkarov wrote:
Siobhan MacLeary wrote:
Koz Katral wrote:

Yes, it was a scam.

Moral of the story:

loving the "if she dresses that way its her fault for being raped" defense

Problem? ~.~

Brutus Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#139 - 2014-07-20 07:07:07 UTC
Due to the savages of war, we are unable to bring you the latest news.

Suspect we have pilots MIA or worse in capsules stuck in HS. War is hell and we've felt it. Massive losses taken, morale at all time low and no where to run.

Please can anyone help us?

More than willing to supply probes to the right corp. Assistance required, pods' down.

My god ships exploding everywhere, mayday mayday. Not sure how long we can go on for.

I guess this could be one scenario, but to be honest its not the case. Continuing my education theme, his a little tip.

Try dscan'ng on the solar system map. Amazing how quick you can find a ship or a POS. Combat probes are a last resort, don't jump into a new wormhole and drop probes until you've done your recon. Nothing like finding half a dozen ships 25 AU away running sites to find your probes have spooked them.

Alexhandr Shkarov
#140 - 2014-07-20 23:21:42 UTC
Vayeate Marquise wrote:
loving the "if she dresses that way its her fault for being raped" defense

The difference is that a scam can be circumvented by applying simple logic.