These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Jobs in progress after Crius launch

First post
Author
Tisiphone Aqrabuamelu
The Ahool Guard
#1 - 2014-06-06 19:27:34 UTC
Google didn't give me an answer and i can't seem to find it on the forum.

What will happen to blueprints that are in the progress of a job (being it research, copying, manufacturing) when the changes to POS's occur with the launch of Crius.

Will they remain in station where they were installed from, or will the be moved into the pos arrays automatically?

I know new jobs will need the BPO inside the POS after the launch of Crius, just curious on what happens to jobs in progress.
CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2014-06-06 21:42:19 UTC
Tisiphone Aqrabuamelu wrote:

What will happen to blueprints that are in the progress of a job (being it research, copying, manufacturing) when the changes to POS's occur with the launch of Crius.

Will they remain in station where they were installed from, or will the be moved into the pos arrays automatically?

I know new jobs will need the BPO inside the POS after the launch of Crius, just curious on what happens to jobs in progress.

The blueprints will go back to where they originally came from, but new jobs will require the blueprints to be installed inside the POS.

CCP Nullarbor // Senior Engineer // Team Game of Drones

Tisiphone Aqrabuamelu
The Ahool Guard
#3 - 2014-06-06 22:05:32 UTC
Thanks for the answer. This was what i expected but wasn't sure about.

It was also what I hoped for :-)
Leptus
3 Musketeer's
#4 - 2014-06-07 01:33:29 UTC
So the way I read this is that all of the BPO's my corp owns must be placed in the POS for copy/research and will be at risk for attack?

This is an excessive risk in BPO isk that has taken my corp many years to assemble over the years for easy taking. CCP is forcing high sec corps to expose billions if not trillions of isk in BPO's without any way to protect the investment but a simple POS.

The argument is defend the POS but most high sec industrial corps are well..........industrialists.

Just my two cents and we will not expose our BPO's in open space.
Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#5 - 2014-06-07 02:16:37 UTC
Leptus wrote:
So the way I read this is that all of the BPO's my corp owns must be placed in the POS for copy/research and will be at risk for attack?

This is an excessive risk in BPO isk that has taken my corp many years to assemble over the years for easy taking. CCP is forcing high sec corps to expose billions if not trillions of isk in BPO's without any way to protect the investment but a simple POS.

The argument is defend the POS but most high sec industrial corps are well..........industrialists.

If you had actually the intelligence to amass "trillions of isk in BPOs" or even billions you'd realize how futilely easy it is to safeguard your BPOs in a POS.

Not that I doubt that you have the hundreds of lines to run your collection all at once Roll
Tisiphone Aqrabuamelu
The Ahool Guard
#6 - 2014-06-07 09:36:46 UTC
Leptus wrote:

I am assuming that those BPO's you invested your isk in are already researched. So they don't need to stay in the POS as long as no research is conducted. Copying is somewhat different, but tbh, with the changes to copytime, not many BPO's require insanely long copytimes. There is also the option to actually cancel a copyjob in progress if you are really concerned about the BPO's once you are wardecced.
Don't forget that (eventhough it can be expensive) there will be no more waiting times for ME research in stations anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I have mixed feelings about the changes as well, but no pain no gain, or no risk no reward.
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#7 - 2014-06-07 19:02:08 UTC
Loraine Gess wrote:
Leptus wrote:

If you had actually the intelligence to amass "trillions of isk in BPOs" or even billions you'd realize how futilely easy it is to safeguard your BPOs in a POS.

Not that I doubt that you have the hundreds of lines to run your collection all at once Roll

Why don't you enlighten us with these easy ways how these bpo's can be so easily safeguarded. Is there some changes coming to a pos system I am not aware of perhaps? Unless you mean canseling all jobs as soon a random 1 man corp wardecs you.

Not saying anything about corporate roles, locked pirints or all or nothing access when it comes to pos - latter one has improved slightly off couple years back.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-06-07 22:09:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Victoria Sin
Leptus wrote:

All it means is you'll run copies from the BPO and use them at your POS. Yes, it means dedicating slots to the copy jobs where previously you didn't need to. Note: Copy times are changing to be similar to the time it takes to build the item I think. Whether that's good or bad really depends on how many runs you want to copy I guess.
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#9 - 2014-06-09 17:18:12 UTC
Research in station. Copy in station. Move copies to POS. Your BPOs are now safe and sound in your limited access corp hanger.

iirc copy time will be 80% of manufacturing time. Also there will be no wait to install research and copy jobs due to the removal of lines. But if the system is very busy there may be an additional fee.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Meytal
Doomheim
#10 - 2014-06-11 18:30:01 UTC
"Leptus" wrote:

Man. Just, wow. Never go into Wormhole space.

If you run a Hisec POS and don't use it efficiently, sure, you may be at risk. Otherwise, you are logging in daily, managing jobs daily, and can see war notifications daily. You know you get 24-hour notification before a wardec goes into effect, right? No one can just spring it on you and catch you overnight while you sleep and dream of mountains of ISK. And not even Goons are dumb enough or bored enough to suicide a POS in hisec. Instant docking and undocking bookmarks get you from station to POS and back with zero risk.

Storage of your blueprints is actually safer in the POS than in your corporate hangars in your Hisec station as far as theft. While someone with access to Hangar 1 will indeed get Hangar 1 access in all corp storage modules, you can completely lock down a module and prevent access from anyone who does not have Config Starbase, regardless of hangar tab permissions. So you can have corp-access lab modules for cheaper stuff and also have restricted lab modules for the expensive blueprints.

The only meaningful change in Crius will be physically placing the blueprint in the research facility, and they already have declared their intent that research and manufacture be performed primarily with copies as opposed to originals, carefully crafting the times required for each to meet that goal. So, really, you're out nothing except maybe a little bit of convenience. You still won't need to put BPOs in the POS.
Maxpie
MUSE LLP
#11 - 2014-06-12 17:36:00 UTC
Wait. And I apologize in advance if I missed something here, but if my corp bpo's are at station that has no copy or research facilities will I now have to unlock all of my blueprints in order to move them to get them copied (or otherwise researched)?

By any chance is there a change to the process of locking and unlocking blueprints? I don't know if I can deal with unlocking and locking again.

No good deed goes unpunished

Kenneth Feld
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#12 - 2014-06-12 20:10:26 UTC
Maxpie wrote:
Wait. And I apologize in advance if I missed something here, but if my corp bpo's are at station that has no copy or research facilities will I now have to unlock all of my blueprints in order to move them to get them copied (or otherwise researched)?

By any chance is there a change to the process of locking and unlocking blueprints? I don't know if I can deal with unlocking and locking again.

Yes

No, you have to do them one at a time. I recommend tylenol before and after, then at least 3 days bed rest for your clicking hand.
Maxpie
MUSE LLP
#13 - 2014-06-12 21:42:14 UTC
That is beyond ridiculous. Sad

Why do CCP want me to get carpal tunnel syndrome?

No good deed goes unpunished

Minerva Arbosa
Spatial Forces
Warped Intentions
#14 - 2014-06-15 12:50:23 UTC
I suggest we just all petition CCP to unlock all of our blueprints en masse and save some of us the hassle of trying to unlock them ourselves. Or you could just unlock the ones you really need, and leave the rest of them locked.
Ealon Musque
Capital Chaps
#15 - 2014-06-24 22:45:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Ealon Musque
CCP Nullarbor wrote:

The blueprints will go back to where they originally came from, but new jobs will require the blueprints to be installed inside the POS.

A followup question: What will happen to the jobs themselves? Will they finish according to the "old" mechanics (i.e. honor the accepted quote)?

EDIT: If the job finishes according to the pre-Crius mechanics, I take it that the BPO will be converted to new ME/TE numbers immediately upon completion? Or how would that be handled?
Ergok
The Iron Brotherhood
#16 - 2014-06-27 12:31:18 UTC
Ealon Musque wrote:
CCP Nullarbor wrote:

A followup question: What will happen to the jobs themselves? Will they finish according to the "old" mechanics (i.e. honor the accepted quote)?

EDIT: If the job finishes according to the pre-Crius mechanics, I take it that the BPO will be converted to new ME/TE numbers immediately upon completion? Or how would that be handled?

Would love the answer to this as well :)
Ginger Barbarella
#17 - 2014-06-27 16:52:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Ginger Barbarella
Loraine Gess wrote:
Leptus wrote:

Do you ever contribute meaningfully to any threads here?

Also, "you'd realize how futilely easy it is to safeguard your BPOs"?? WTF? English much? "Futile" doesn't mean what you think it does.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Josclyn Verreuil
Dark 0rder.
#18 - 2014-06-30 02:11:05 UTC
Slightly different version of the question, will research jobs continue as installed, post launch?

What I mean is this:

-I buy a new clean Stabber BPO the night before Crius, and start research to ME10 with an expected time of ~20 days.

-Crius launches

-After the 20 days has elapsed, the job has completed and I have my ME10 Stabber BPO wherever I installed it.

Is this correct as described, or will Crius affect either the time to completion or the final product, adjusting for the new timescales?
Redwyne Vyruk
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-07-18 00:26:55 UTC
prob this question was already made somewhere but let's say that now i place a job of 1 week time, crius will come sooner than the job finish, what it'll happen to the job?

-it'll end when the week will finish?
-it'll end but it's not finished so i get mats back or the unresearched bpo back?
-it'll end and the bpo is researched (or the itme is built)?
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#20 - 2014-07-18 01:10:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Redwyne Vyruk wrote:
prob this question was already made somewhere but let's say that now i place a job of 1 week time, crius will come sooner than the job finish, what it'll happen to the job?

-it'll end when the week will finish?
-it'll end but it's not finished so i get mats back or the unresearched bpo back?
-it'll end and the bpo is researched (or the itme is built)?

EVE Industry - All you want to know
CCP RubberBAND wrote:
Two step wrote:
I don't think I missed it, but it would be good to mention what happens to jobs that are running when the patch happens

You are correct. This information will be in the patch notes, but for your convenience here it is:

Jobs installed or active during Crius deployment are dealt in the following manner:

• Jobs that were installed before the patch still use the old pricing and time until delivered
  • Blueprints that are using Starbases remotely will be delivered to the station they were installed into, not the Starbase. This is a one-time only move, blueprints inserted after Crius will need to be moved to Starbases
12Next page