These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ishtar

First post
Author
SmarncaV2
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-07-17 15:19:26 UTC
Nerf the f***** Ishtar.

remove the stupid range bonus because it's completely OP samo goes for dominix.
Bakuhz
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2014-07-17 15:25:44 UTC
Show me on the doll where they touched you! Pirate

https://zkillboard.com/character/584042527/

Tokugawa Tsunayososhi
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-07-17 15:26:21 UTC
Iain Cariaba
#4 - 2014-07-17 15:43:29 UTC
Bakuhz wrote:

They touched him in his autocannon fit machariel. Ignore OP as he's just raging because someone was better than him in cheaper fits.
Danny John-Peter
The Congregation
OnlyFleets.
#5 - 2014-07-17 15:44:45 UTC
☐ Not REKT ☑ REKT ☑ REKTangle ☑ SHREKT ☑ REKT-it Ralph ☑ Total REKTall ☑ The Lord of the REKT ☑ The Usual SusREKTs ☑ North by NorthREKT ☑ REKT to the Future ☑ Once Upon a Time in the REKT ☑ The Good, the Bad, and the REKT ☑ LawREKT of Arabia ☑ Tyrannosaurus REKT ☑ eREKTile dysfunction
Bakuhz
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2014-07-17 15:46:47 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Bakuhz wrote:

They touched him in his autocannon fit machariel. Ignore OP as he's just raging because someone was better than him in cheaper fits.

hahaha awesome another scrub in a big tub getting blown up...

SmarncaV2
Doomheim
#7 - 2014-07-17 15:49:29 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Bakuhz wrote:

Yup I died. Loss doesnt mean much cuz I can afford another one.

Problem is with Ishtars. Drones have an insane range and tracking and they carry 3 sets of them.

I think that optimal range bonus for sentry drones is just not good. The ship is not balanced well.
Tokugawa Tsunayososhi
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-07-17 15:50:06 UTC
SmarncaV2 wrote:
Nerf the f***** Ishtar.

remove the stupid range bonus because it's completely OP samo goes for dominix.

If EvE Online is to much of an Adult game for you... They are accepting kids on World of Warcraft... I hear they have Pandas!
SmarncaV2
Doomheim
#9 - 2014-07-17 15:52:54 UTC
CCP needs to ask themselves why is the Ishtar a go to ship for 70% of pvp alliances in eve
Bakuhz
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2014-07-17 15:56:14 UTC
SmarncaV2 wrote:
CCP needs to ask themselves why is the Ishtar a go to ship for 70% of pvp alliances in eve

http://i.imgur.com/kCMMsp0.gif

Bakuhz
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2014-07-17 15:58:48 UTC
http://i.imgur.com/23wOOXK.jpg

Danny John-Peter
The Congregation
OnlyFleets.
#12 - 2014-07-17 16:00:56 UTC
(I agree with the OP)

But this is why we shouldn't recruit ex Shadow Cartel people.
Bohneik Itohn
#13 - 2014-07-17 16:09:31 UTC
Danny John-Peter wrote:
(I agree with the OP)

But this is why we shouldn't recruit ex Shadow Cartel people.

Some of the pimpmobiles I've seen them flying are just spectacular examples of what happens when you give a mission runner an eyepatch and a place to play pirate....

10 billion isk officer fit Bhaalgorn's, anyone?

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

The Bazzalisk
One Risky Click
Snuffed Out
#14 - 2014-07-17 16:17:42 UTC
tbh everyone going WOLOLOLOLOLOLOL U DIED is missing the point at hand. Yes Smarn lost a Mach but that doesn't make what he's saying any less correct. Ishtars are pretty OP at the moment and anyone who says otherwise is just ignoring reality.
Iain Cariaba
#15 - 2014-07-17 16:18:02 UTC
SmarncaV2 wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Bakuhz wrote:

Problem is with Ishtars. Drones have an insane range and tracking and they carry 3 sets of them.

I think that optimal range bonus for sentry drones is just not good. The ship is not balanced well.

Actually the ranges of the sentry drones aren't that good, and even then they are still limited by the pilot's drone control range. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember right, it's kinda hard to get the drone control range of an ishtar much past 120km, meaning no matter how bonused the drones are, they will only engage out to 120km. That is a far cry from pretty much anything sniper fit.

As far as tracking, you're in a battleship. Battleships are big and slow. Oh, and when the big bad Rapier webs you to the point you can't move, it doesn't take a whole lot of tracking to hit you.

As to whether the Ishtar is unbalanced, I highly doubt you would be here crying about losing your blingy mach if you had won, so HTFU and stop whining like a highsec carebear. If you want to discuss the Ishtar's OPness, there are already threads for that.
Fer'isam K'ahn
SAS Veterinarians
#16 - 2014-07-17 16:22:17 UTC
Argument ad populum, so not supported.
Rant from personal experience, so not supported.
Thread ad populum so... hammer.

Out before the fall.
SmarncaV2
Doomheim
#17 - 2014-07-17 16:25:02 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
SmarncaV2 wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Bakuhz wrote:

Actually the ranges of the sentry drones aren't that good, and even then they are still limited by the pilot's drone control range. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember right, it's kinda hard to get the drone control range of an ishtar much past 120km, meaning no matter how bonused the drones are, they will only engage out to 120km. That is a far cry from pretty much anything sniper fit.

As far as tracking, you're in a battleship. Battleships are big and slow. Oh, and when the big bad Rapier webs you to the point you can't move, it doesn't take a whole lot of tracking to hit you.

As to whether the Ishtar is unbalanced, I highly doubt you would be here crying about losing your blingy mach if you had won, so HTFU and stop whining like a highsec carebear. If you want to discuss the Ishtar's OPness, there are already threads for that.

120km Range? BALANCED
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#18 - 2014-07-17 16:27:38 UTC
Quote:
16. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department