These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Price Checks

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Character Bazaar "Low-balling"

Author
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#1 - 2014-06-06 11:06:57 UTC
It's well known that everyone loves a good deal, but the Character bazaar right now is pretty much a waste of time.

Looking at Low SP pilots (Sub 3/4 million) the prices people are happilly selling for are not even meeting cost. The absolute minimum cost of a transfer is 3 Plex

2 Plex for Transfer
1 Plex for the character to be active + training skills.

Not taking into account Skillbooks, time spent actively changing skills and planning the character, thats around 2.1B before any profit can be made. A lot of characters are being sold well below this - Why is the market so crap right now?
Booshk al'Zhor
Orange Clover Company
#2 - 2014-06-08 23:42:32 UTC
Maeltstome wrote:
It's well known that everyone loves a good deal, but the Character bazaar right now is pretty much a waste of time.

Looking at Low SP pilots (Sub 3/4 million) the prices people are happilly selling for are not even meeting cost. The absolute minimum cost of a transfer is 3 Plex

2 Plex for Transfer

Not taking into account Skillbooks, time spent actively changing skills and planning the character, thats around 2.1B before any profit can be made. A lot of characters are being sold well below this - Why is the market so crap right now?

It isn't crap if you are a buyer/reseller :-)
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#3 - 2014-06-09 08:32:54 UTC
Booshk al'Zhor wrote:
Maeltstome wrote:

2 Plex for Transfer

It isn't crap if you are a buyer/reseller :-)

As a buyer you pay 2x Plex just for the transfer. The instant you want to train anything on that char (if you aren't using it as a pure alt for 1 task) you need to either pay a Plex or stop training the main character on the account... At which point you make a loss of ISK.

Just seems stupid that the Bazaar has allowed itself to become close to pointless for people trading in characters to make a profit.

Oh well.
Alexhandr Shkarov
The MorningStar. Syndicate
#4 - 2014-07-17 12:41:00 UTC
There's a problem though,

A lot of toons at the lower end of the spectrum are highly overpriced, even if they are focused well. I was offered to buy a 10 mil SP Ishtar starter for 7b, which is ludicrous to begin with.

All my posts are on my personal title and should not be confused as me speaking for anyone else.

Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#5 - 2014-07-17 13:01:09 UTC
Alexhandr Shkarov wrote:
There's a problem though,

A lot of toons at the lower end of the spectrum are highly overpriced, even if they are focused well. I was offered to buy a 10 mil SP Ishtar starter for 7b, which is ludicrous to begin with.

Is it?

+4 implants = 2160 SP/Hr

10Mil/2160/24 = >190 days

190/30 = 6.4

6.4*770Mil (Plex price) = ~5Bill

+1.5Bil for transfer = 6.5 Bil

+100Mil for Skillbooks
+100Mil for Implants

= 6.7Bil COST

So, again, why should you pay less for a character than whats its worth?