These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Sacrifice

First post
Author
mine mi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-12-03 21:43:17 UTC  |  Edited by: mine mi
I can handle the fact of being immortal, or to have clones, I can not do is this to be the holy trinity. I can identify with an avatar, but not three.
This is why I propose the elimination of two characters slots, in exchange for two advanced versions of skill groups for the main character skill tree.
What would these advanced versions? It could be simply duplicate the common version, for example adv. engineering 5 add 25% more powergrid to the ship, but the final word is for CCP.
For example, if I want have a character missions runner, I might choose advanced missiles and social, for better rewards or if I choose to be industrial; industry and science to have a perfect invention or for a capital pilot; navigation, and cross eve in one jump ;) the possibilities are endless.
Sacrifice 2 to have a more unique main.
T' Elk
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2011-12-03 22:05:45 UTC
Bad.

~Badposter since FOOOOREEEEEVAAAAAR~ I come back after 2 years to THIS? ~Now 4 years apparently

Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2011-12-05 04:35:50 UTC
I have no alts and I must scream

Though All Men Do Despise Us

mine mi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2011-12-07 16:10:12 UTC
Focus in the reason of the post, remember the game DIABLO, in the end, the three characters at the beginning different, it seemed more and more.
This is the idea, have unique characters.
Ayianapa
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2011-12-07 16:21:20 UTC
mine mi wrote:
Focus in the reason of the post, remember the game DIABLO, in the end, the three characters at the beginning different, it seemed more and more.
This is the idea, have unique characters.

*stares at the screen*
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2011-12-07 16:28:57 UTC
Off topic posts removed.

Moved from General Discussion.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2011-12-07 16:32:18 UTC
mine mi wrote:
I can handle the fact of being immortal, or to have clones, I can not do is this to be the holy trinity. I can identify with an avatar, but not three.
This is why I propose the elimination of two characters slots, in exchange for two advanced versions of skill groups for the main character skill tree.
What would these advanced versions? It could be simply duplicate the common version, for example adv. engineering 5 add 25% more powergrid to the ship, but the final word is for CCP.
For example, if I want have a character missions runner, I might choose advanced missiles and social, for better rewards or if I choose to be industrial; industry and science to have a perfect invention or for a capital pilot; navigation, and cross eve in one jump ;) the possibilities are endless.
Sacrifice 2 to have a more unique main.

Are you going to pay for several accounts for my cyno alts?

I didn't think so.

Get out.
arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#8 - 2011-12-07 16:37:06 UTC
the extra 2 slots can be quickly trained to do basic roles without sacrificing long periods of training time. I wouldn't want to pay and extra 15$/month for a PI or cyno or hauler alt when that is all they will ever do and will never be used for those occasional puposes
mine mi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2011-12-09 23:10:41 UTC
sorry, I meant the choice of discarding the two slots, not to be a mandatory
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2011-12-10 01:11:03 UTC
. leave them empty then.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#11 - 2011-12-10 08:10:07 UTC
I can completely associate with having multiple personalities.

Your idea deprives me of my eve experience. Bad dog.

If you don't want to have alts, then delete yours and keep your main.

Now go die in a fire.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

LeHarfang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2011-12-10 08:45:17 UTC
Hum, i do agree that the guy does'nt seem to be able to speak correctly in english. However, that does'nt mean you can insult him or even wish death upon him. If you don't like his proposition, say it and why and that's it. Those kind of things creates unnecessary conflicts and i don't think those have their places in an idea discussion sub-forum.

Now on topic, I understand that for some people, it does'nt seem realistic or logical to be able to control multiple characters, but again, this is EvE. A universe where cloning and gene technology is really advanced, so having multiple character slots on an account is indeed logical and i don't see why i should get bonuses because i dont want and/or have time to use the 2 other slots.