These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Warning Re: Useless Mercs - Worm Hole./Honorable Third Party

First post
Author
Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#41 - 2014-07-16 10:56:36 UTC
Meh, same crap different day. Wardecs from highsec merc corps change almost nothing with what i do (and i wager most of SASH but i am new to the corp).

FA wardeced my previous small corp and well the only difference was that i used an Amarr insta undock. Even ratting is shiny wasn't a problem since they never ventured into our ratting systems. Once there is local and WTs come up flashy red. It is really no big deal. Then we know how to dscan.

Also highsec wardecers must be soooo bored. I mean sitting around for a fight they know they can't lose, (often with a few logged out accounts on standby and neutral logi i mite add), seriously where is the fun in that?

Long story short. Wardecs agaists corps that spend all their time in lowsec, nullsec and jspace is pretty ineffective. Between hauling alts, red frog, local and dscan, highsec just becomes some funny hybrid of lowsec/nullsec. And even then only on the major trade routes.

Of course now i have said that i will probably DC at the wrong time and die to WTs tonight ;)

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Jayne Fillon
#42 - 2014-07-16 12:01:27 UTC
lol Seraph

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#43 - 2014-07-16 12:45:22 UTC
RZ Tivianne wrote:
Sorry, was busy generating content.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/40113918/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/40113929/

Unfortunately the Loot Fairy told us to go bug off, but c'est la vie.

You must be new around here considering your atrocious killboard, unwitty remarks, and the lack of knowledge that killmails arent to be posted on the forums. Congrats on the kill though. The one I killed the other night didn't come with a loot fairy package either.

Saeka Tyr wrote:

Could you please link the last kill Forsaken Asylum got in anything other than highsec?

Let's be realistic about what you guys are and are not before implying you fight in wormholes.

We aren't forsaken asylum.

Secondly, whats so special about a wormhole fight? This thread accused high sec mercs of killing the weak and then your leader posted a kill of you all ganking a carebear.... inbetween your own carebear sessions. I vote you to be the spokesperson of your alliance. I like you.

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#44 - 2014-07-16 13:00:53 UTC
Zeus Maximo wrote:

Saeka Tyr wrote:

Could you please link the last kill Forsaken Asylum got in anything other than highsec?

Let's be realistic about what you guys are and are not before implying you fight in wormholes.

Secondly, whats so special about a wormhole fight? This thread accused high sec mercs of killing the weak and then your leader posted a kill of you all ganking a carebear.... inbetween your own carebear sessions. I vote you to be the spokesperson of your alliance. I like you.

What are you talking about? Our leader, in as far as we have only one, posted no such thing. And we are a lot of things, but we are not carebears no matter how you slice it. We are PvP and anything else we do is so we can do more PvP. Like say scam someone 2B by pretending to be a merc corp (ok that was an alliance member).

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Koz Katral
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#45 - 2014-07-16 13:23:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Koz Katral
This thread seems to be suffering from multiple cases of mistaken identity.

- I would of probably advised the dude who scammed the isk not to do so in the merc contracts channel had he asked for permission - he didn't, and that's his prerogative. We all play the game how we want. It was hardly an elaborate scam from what I can tell, and anyone who actually took the time to read the merc contract channel MOTD would of lost nothing.

- I would of probably tried to rationalize with the dude who got scammed and even try to take steps to come to some sort of agreement if he hadn't instantly left our public channel after making initial contact with a cliche sign off like 'YOU WILL RUE THIS DAY, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO I AM' blah blah blah. You and every carebear I ever shoot in low sec mate.

- Forsaken and Pursuit of Happiness in my experience are both extremely competent at what they do - which is hunt people in high sec. I have no doubt that they venture into other types of space and can get the job done, I will be interested to see if they do. So far our continuous stream of war decs has proven to be an inconvenience, however at this point they have just been adopted as a way of life. Most of the time high sec is just that space in between where we are actually trying to go and nothing more.

I wish the OP luck in his quest to prove his manliness over the high sec war decers, and to make up for his disappointment for not getting a fight, I will offer up an organized brawl with numbers and ship classes of his choosing - you just need to make the move.
Alexhandr Shkarov
The MorningStar. Syndicate
#46 - 2014-07-16 13:29:13 UTC
For a little background information:

The guys who got scammed posted a request of sorts, and within 20-30 minutes wired 1 billion ISK to the scammer without any checks of the background of this scammer. It's his/her own fault for being lazy and not taking two seconds to review who he is hiring, and what the channel rules are.

30 minutes of random banter for 1 billion ISK and freely given pos passwords isn't an elaborate scam at all :P

All my posts are on my personal title and should not be confused as me speaking for anyone else.

Tsalaroth
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2014-07-16 13:47:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Tsalaroth
Koz Katral wrote:

I wish the OP luck in his quest to prove his manliness over the high sec war decers, and to make up for his disappointment for not getting a fight, I will offer up an organized brawl with numbers and ship classes of his choosing - you just need to make the move.

Feel free to send me an in-game message with your timezone spread and we'll work something out if we don't run across you in w-space.
Numian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2014-07-16 14:18:03 UTC
Zeus Maximo wrote:
RZ Tivianne wrote:
Sorry, was busy generating content.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/40113918/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/40113929/

Unfortunately the Loot Fairy told us to go bug off, but c'est la vie.

You must be new around here considering your atrocious killboard, unwitty remarks, and the lack of knowledge that killmails arent to be posted on the forums. Congrats on the kill though. The one I killed the other night didn't come with a loot fairy package either.

Saeka Tyr wrote:

Do you have any tips on improving our killboard efficiency? Specifically, what strategies do you use to kill new players flying expensive ships? Do you find rolling your face on the keyboard from right to left is more effective than left to right?

Lastly (and most importantly) - with your right hand waiting patiently to lock up a ship trying to dock in Jita without proper instadocks, what do you do with your left hand? I can't for the life of me figure out exactly what I'm supposed to do with the damned thing whenever I try to kill ships in an area designed to house the new and naive players.

Thanks,
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2014-07-16 14:35:48 UTC
RZ Tivianne wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:

You know high sec is as reachable for you as worm hole is for us, and on your case you would not even have to look for the correct system. So stop with that lousy excuse. You are not our only target, we aim efficiency on time and isk on all our work, sending dozens of hours to find a specific WH system is a sure inneficient work. But we do visit when we find the proper entrance by observing high sec movements....

btw, no impressive drop.. we never found anyone that we needed more than 7-8 people to deal with....

Sorry bud, doesn't work like that. If I was getting paid to hunt you, I'd be sitting on your undock in an hour, but I'm not, unfortunately. Poor Ood, lost their tower, then they get scammed by mercs, then they hire mercs that admit they can't be bothered to hunt us in WHs.

And that would be completely fail of you if you tried that. In a single post, showing so little knowledge about us is amazing.

Damm how much would cost me to hire you to TRY to fight us?

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2014-07-16 14:37:00 UTC
Numian wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:

You know high sec is as reachable for you as worm hole is for us, and on your case you would not even have to look for the correct system. So stop with that lousy excuse. You are not our only target, we aim efficiency on time and isk on all our work, sending dozens of hours to find a specific WH system is a sure inneficient work. But we do visit when we find the proper entrance by observing high sec movements....

btw, no impressive drop.. we never found anyone that we needed more than 7-8 people to deal with....

If I paid a merc corp money to make my enemies feel pain, I'd expect them to lose a few ships in the process. You're not a merc corp, you're a highsec wardec corp. For anyone who doesn't live in highsec, this has almost no effect.

I can't even really blame you guys. I mean, people are just throwing iskies at you to essentially just sit around doing nothing. Why wouldn't you take their money? You really have a solid business plan there.

Find then testimonies of clients of ours that say that we did nothing...

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2014-07-16 14:40:16 UTC
Saeka Tyr wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:

You know high sec is as reachable for you as worm hole is for us

Could you please link the school where you learned to read so badly that you confuse the "pursuit of happiness" under my name with "forsaken asylum" ?

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2014-07-16 14:49:00 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Meh, same crap different day. Wardecs from highsec merc corps change almost nothing with what i do (and i wager most of SASH but i am new to the corp).

FA wardeced my previous small corp and well the only difference was that i used an Amarr insta undock. Even ratting is shiny wasn't a problem since they never ventured into our ratting systems. Once there is local and WTs come up flashy red. It is really no big deal. Then we know how to dscan.

Also highsec wardecers must be soooo bored. I mean sitting around for a fight they know they can't lose, (often with a few logged out accounts on standby and neutral logi i mite add), seriously where is the fun in that?

Long story short. Wardecs agaists corps that spend all their time in lowsec, nullsec and jspace is pretty ineffective. Between hauling alts, red frog, local and dscan, highsec just becomes some funny hybrid of lowsec/nullsec. And even then only on the major trade routes.

Of course now i have said that i will probably DC at the wrong time and die to WTs tonight ;)

If you believe that is what highsec wardec groups do, then you must believe the tooth fairy as well. Of course when a hopeless target happens to be spotted we kill it, we will not let a juicy kill that might drop 2-3 bil in loot pass away. But when we are looking for people, the absolute majority of time we are trying to find a group that fights back. Unfortunately its incredibly rare to find a group that fights back. Most are too coward for that.

Sunday some group sent 8 dominixes and 4 guardians to our main system demanding a fight. Demanding our 2 tengus to engage. As soon as we uncloacked 2 recons, only that 2 recons, they start name calling and bug out because we are too lame and only fight when we are in advantage. Really? They ring 8 dominixes and 4 guardians against 2 tengu and 2 Falcon and we are the coward ones? THAT is our day to day. We trying to find someone that is more than mere words...

I think I speak for ANY member of pursuit of happiness when I say, we are still waiting for someone that step up and show all that might they like to speak about. Some try and deserve respect, but vast majority ... not worth even an insult.

Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#53 - 2014-07-16 15:02:26 UTC
If your so keen on fights? Why spend soo much time in highsec? There are fights to be had in low and null.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

RZ Tivianne
HELLSINKER
#54 - 2014-07-16 15:06:47 UTC
Holy reading comprehension issues, this thread should be eligible for one of those 'reasons to stay in school' ads.

Let's clear a few things up:

1) My only concern when I first posted this thread was that (I thought) Honorable Third Party were mercs that had broken contract. That's not cool. Turns out I was wrong, and that the guy that hired the mercs is actually hilariously incompetent. (Related note, nice job on the POS defense last night fellas.)

2) Whoever jacked up Maximo's face also did some brain damage, because I never claimed hisec mercs were weak, I simply said I look forward to generating content with them, and decided to aid them in finding us with a friendly contract of probes and a probe launcher. Unfortunately some of my alliancemates decided to... show their butts in the thread, but that's their problem, not mine. Also, the guy you replied to about carebear killing wasn't even in the alliance that linked the carebear kill, so again, see above re: brain damage.

3) I enjoy how hilariously weird this thread got, when the OP was just about some (what I thought was) dishonest mercs. Heck, we got Surely You're Joking showing up, Cannibal Kane, some dude named Jayne Filion (who are you?), and Narwhals.

4) Thanks for the tip about the kill-board link, very sweet of you.

5) @Honorable Third Party, if you guys ever feel like brawling, we could get some guys out your way with some notice. We tend to just do things down our chain, but can be coaxed to cross k-space if need be.

6) @Kagura Nikon, I'm not here to talk trash, because you're right, I would (and did!) make a miserable hisec merc. It's not my thing, I like WHs, I live in them full time, across many characters. If you decide to hunt us down in our WH, we will give you a fight without hesitation, but we are WHers, we don't leave unless we absolutely have to, because this is our favorite place to be.
Tsalaroth
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2014-07-16 15:20:18 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
If your so keen on fights? Why spend soo much time in highsec? There are fights to be had in low and null.

I assume you're not speaking to us, as we have kills in low and null more than we do in highsec - far more in w-space than all three.
Jayne Fillon
#56 - 2014-07-16 15:43:09 UTC
RZ Tivianne wrote:
Holy reading comprehension issues

~words~

3) I enjoy how hilariously weird this thread got, when the OP was just about some (what I thought was) dishonest mercs. Heck, we got Surely You're Joking showing up, Cannibal Kane, some dude named Jayne Filion (who are you?), and Narwhals.

Heh, I'm the alliance exec for THIRD.

Also, we're down for a brawl anytime.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Judas Lonestar
Stryker Industries
Stryker Group
#57 - 2014-07-16 15:45:27 UTC
Zeus Maximo wrote:

Fortunately we didn't get paid to watch you sit in a POS. So far we are on track for what we were paid to do. By the way, we don't station camp.

Merc corps have many purposes. So far you all have been huddled up in your WH awaiting REDEMPTION or whatever your "leader" tells you is coming. This is fine with us. As I stated earlier, you are doing exactly what we planned, and getting paid for. Hiding at home.

Huddled up in our wormhole??

You realize of course we are a WORMHOLE ALLIANCE. We LIVE in W-space. You should as soon accuse a nullsec alliance of "Hiding in null". But you guys are doing a bang up job of preventing us from going to Jita, so well done on that front.

So far we've managed to pull in about a bil in sleeper loot farming our C3, scanned down roughly 20 wormholes since this started and killed a few ships. You know, if this is your version of "we are doing what we planned" then I have news for you....This is what we always do, and its certainly not on account of you or your silly wardec.

Now, why dont you use less words and more probes and come find your war targets, do your job and maybe for once earn your reputation?

Time to put on the big boy pants and actually take a break from the difficult task of killing haulers in high sec. Or, keep using your words and tell us just how tough you guys are. Grrrr, killing high sec ratters, You are truly men (in tights) ((Tight tights))
Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#58 - 2014-07-16 15:46:57 UTC
Yes my character is commonly called a Mongoloid.

Second of all to whoever deems us "STUCK" to highsec you are also wrong.

Support to OUR claims:

Counter fleet
-We killed their raven in NULL and this is their response fleet. Unfortunately they wouldn't leave the station in NULL.

No Logi needed
-This is what battle reports look like when people have no where to run when fighting us.

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

I can keep going if needed. Should be obvious by now that we are pretty annoying to fight/deal with.

How TEST responds
How Ivy League Responds
The list goes on......

Seriously I can go on for days. This is why we can talk about our killboard Bear

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#59 - 2014-07-16 15:49:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Leto Thule
Zeus Maximo wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:
I don't understand why you guys chest beat so much.

You look pretty useless on the Killboards.

Some people don't find fighting fun. Maybe thats why they chose to live in a wormhole? To shoot rats?

Um.

No....

I can't speak for every wormhole corp, but I can assure you I have seen more combat in J space than anywhere else.

Edit: come on Zeus, these guys are hilarious. Give em a break. (Not on the wardec, of course) They are funny and sarcastic. I welcome them to C&P.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Tsalaroth
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2014-07-16 17:24:16 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
Zeus Maximo wrote:
Cannibal Kane wrote:
I don't understand why you guys chest beat so much.

You look pretty useless on the Killboards.

Some people don't find fighting fun. Maybe thats why they chose to live in a wormhole? To shoot rats?

Um.

No....

I can't speak for every wormhole corp, but I can assure you I have seen more combat in J space than anywhere else.

Edit: come on Zeus, these guys are hilarious. Give em a break. (Not on the wardec, of course) They are funny and sarcastic. I welcome them to C&P.

I'm not sure he gets our sense of humor. :(