These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

[Proposal]Repeating ship bumping in higsec space should attract concord's attention

First post
Author
Bethan Le Troix
Krusual Investigation Agency
#41 - 2014-04-26 18:35:23 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Thoot him, offither! Thoot him at onthe! HE PUTHED ME!

Sylvester & Tweetypie ? Blink
Bethan Le Troix
Krusual Investigation Agency
#42 - 2014-04-26 18:46:30 UTC
Industrials and Freighters invariably get bumped at stargates and then suicide ganked because they have loaded their holds with an inappropriate amount of valuable cargo. Unless you are unlucky it will be victims fault that they have been targeted. The pilots that get involved in these activities are largely doing it to generate ISK and will not gank you if you have not knowlingly turned yourself into a loot piñata.

Regarding bumping of miners it is a legitimate activity to use in roleplay scenarios, to extort or ransom to obtain ISK, or to protect business interests. Introducing suspect status as a punishment for bumping mining ships is not required as miners are protected enough. If suspect status was introduced I reckon there is a more than fair chance it would not bring the result you think would happen. Evil
Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2014-05-04 13:19:55 UTC
Hesod Adee wrote:
How exactly will Eve determine which ship bumped the other ?

Because people will attempt to exploit whatever algorithm CCP uses.

What happens when someone tries to play docking games at Jita 4-4 ?
Won't they keep hitting ships every time they undock ?

To make it fair both ships hould be concorded.
Excuse me i need to fit some rookie ships to bump freighters in readiness.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Kyon Rheyne
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2014-05-31 12:57:02 UTC
Hesod Adee wrote:
How exactly will Eve determine which ship bumped the other ?

How about that: repeatitive continous (like for a minute or more) bumping of bulky, significantly less agile ship by much more faster (including speed mods' effects) and agile one will lead to flagging the faster/more agile ship as suspect?
Emiko Rowna
Keys To The Stars
#45 - 2014-06-05 05:13:33 UTC
I had posed the following in a thread named “Why freighter bumping in High Sec is an exploit”

What say you?

I will state right here and now that I believe the bumping of a freighter with the intent of holding it in place while your fiends arrive to perform the gank is an exploit. Here are the reasons why.

1. The only reason you bump is to avoid the wrath of CONCORD.

2. There are other ways to hold a ship in place, all of which come at a cost in training time and equipment. If bumping is allowed to replace the need for this training and equipment the bumper has the advantage of now being able to forgo the needed equipment and fill that slot with something else. This in effect will unbalance the ship by giving it the ability of the modules skipped over and the ones used in their stead.

3. Every intended mechanic has a counter and this does not. Don’t even try to say bring friends, as that is not a counter to any mechanic other than being out numbered. When was the last time you told someone asking how to fight a faster ship to bring friends?

4. There is no skill to train for bumping nor to counter bumping.

In the end it comes down to this, you are bumping to achieve the same results or better with no training time or investment in equipment that is achieved by a player that makes those investments. You are doing this with the solo intent to avoid the wrath of CONCORD that the player who has trained and bought the equipment is subject to.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#46 - 2014-06-05 07:42:34 UTC
Emiko Rowna wrote:
I will state right here and now that I believe the bumping of a freighter with the intent of holding it in place while your fiends arrive to perform the gank is an exploit. Here are the reasons why.
And here's the reason why it is not.

So it matters not what you believe, we have the facts.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Puppy Eating
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2014-07-08 01:31:27 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Emiko Rowna wrote:

An appeal to authority is an argument from the fact that a person judged to be an authority affirms a proposition to the claim that the proposition is true.

Appeals to authority are always deductively fallacious; even a legitimate authority speaking on his area of expertise may affirm a falsehood, so no testimony of any authority is guaranteed to be true.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#48 - 2014-07-08 09:27:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Puppy Eating wrote:
Mag's wrote:
Emiko Rowna wrote:

An appeal to authority is an argument from the fact that a person judged to be an authority affirms a proposition to the claim that the proposition is true.

Appeals to authority are always deductively fallacious; even a legitimate authority speaking on his area of expertise may affirm a falsehood, so no testimony of any authority is guaranteed to be true.

You would have a point if it wasn't for the fact that in this case, the authority is the owner of the game and makes the rules.
Not only that, but they requested input from the playerbase before deciding on that ruling.
So yes, we have that facts and know the rules from the owners of the game.

At least have an understanding of the situation, before trying to apply any fallacies. No matter how good you think they may sound. Blink

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Iain Cariaba
#49 - 2014-07-12 06:22:03 UTC
Freighter bumping is not a problem. One corpmate in a rookie ship equipped with a web will launch a freighter into warp and a fraction of the usual required speed. This tactic is used all throughout New Eden by smart freighter pilots to help prevent ganks and to increase their isk/hr by drastically reducing align times.

Miner bumping is not a problem. If you are a miner getting bumped off your mining spot, move to a different belt. If the bumper keeps following you and you are taking measures to avoid him, then report him and the GMs will deal with him as there are rules against this. If you are AFK and getting bumped, well perhaps you shouldn't be AFK and should be paying attention to your mining.

Miner bumping is a valid tool used by people like myself who merely dislike AFK miners, but truly despise bot miners. I have reported several bots over the years because a timed set of command continues even after a miner is bumped off his spot, whereas a simply AFK miner will simply sit in space until the pebcak returns.

As for the '45 minutes' of bumping on a freighter waiting for a gank squad. You do know that safe logout only takes 30s, and as long as you're not actively trying to fly you will simply disappear from space. Bring an alt to the system and watch for the bumper to move on.

But again, you probably don't want to listen, you just want CCP to fix all your problems for you.
Puppy Eating
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2014-07-16 01:45:35 UTC
So, webbing the freighter as a corp-mate doesn't activate criminal/suspect status? or do you have to be in a particular state (same fleet, in a duel...?)

Seems a bit close to being an exploit to me.

would be interesting to have specific 'navigation assist' modules or something (like Tugboats!) that are designed to have positive effects.

Mag's
Azn Empire
#51 - 2014-07-16 14:10:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Puppy Eating wrote:
So, webbing the freighter as a corp-mate doesn't activate criminal/suspect status? or do you have to be in a particular state (same fleet, in a duel...?)

would be interesting to have specific 'navigation assist' modules or something (like Tugboats!) that are designed to have positive effects.

You need to be in the same player corp, which means you can aggress your corp mates and not create a flag.

Therefore you can web a freighter and it will jump into warp far quicker and no, it's not an exploit.

You can dual of course, but that takes a little more work and can create issues.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#52 - 2014-07-16 21:18:46 UTC
Puppy Eating wrote:

Roll

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Eldwinn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#53 - 2014-08-07 00:08:01 UTC
Kyon Rheyne wrote:
Reason: bumping heavily abused mainly to devoid ship targeted for suicide ganking of warping ability through interfering with its allining while its being pushed away from gate to ease the looting process afterwards. Its also being used by well known group of extorters to disrupt mining activities by bumbping miners out of mining laser's range from asteroids.
Proposal: after serveral bumping incidents repeatedly happened in a short intervail of time, concord should warp to the perpetrator and issue him a warning to stop his activity immideately, otherwise he will get criminal flag and will be fired upon. Probably will be better if after warning they would use a stasis webifer on him, to make him unable to move for some time, to exclude accidental loss of ship in case some glitch happened and player indeed didn't mean no harm; if after receiving a warning and being stasised for 5-10 second he continues with his attempts, it's enough of a reason to apply deadly force.

Just post your loss mail already. Refer to, link
RoAnnon
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2014-08-07 13:23:46 UTC
Even if CCP wanted to give a suspect flag to someone bumping another, there's no way for the game mechanics to differentiate one bump from another. The whole issue is based on the intent of the bumper and game mechanics can't determine such esoteric facts.

I would like to see the actual bumping mechanic take the mass of each ship more into account, and have the bounces more closely adhere to physics. But that's just me and I can work around it if it never gets changed.

So, you're a bounty hunter. No, that ain't it at all. Then what are you? I'm a bounty hunter.

Broadcast4Reps

Eve Vegas 2015 Pub Crawl Group 9

Houston EVE Meet

Previous page123