These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Warning Re: Useless Mercs - Worm Hole./Honorable Third Party

First post
Author
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-07-15 16:17:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
I don't understand why you guys chest beat so much.

You look pretty useless on the Killboards.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#22 - 2014-07-15 16:39:50 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
In fact your last line is a bit contradictory. A merc corp that no smart corp should ever hire isn't really a very good merc corp at all.

Scam corp maybe.

As long as they keep getting hired (and paid), I'd say they're a "good" merc corp. What they do, how that relates to what they claim to do, and whether or not they're taking advantage of their employers is all irrelevant.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Siobhan MacLeary
Doomheim
#23 - 2014-07-15 17:38:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Siobhan MacLeary
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Killboard ISK efficiency has never mattered to us. However, our high content/hour ratio matters a lot.

Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.” - CCP Soundwave

Mofo Diquilis
Kruel Pride Inc.
#24 - 2014-07-15 18:08:21 UTC
\o/ We're a merc allian......wait....what? When did this happen? Someone has been lying to me this whole time....grrrr someone / something. rabble rabble rabbble.
RZ Tivianne
HELLSINKER
#25 - 2014-07-15 18:36:19 UTC
Mofo Diquilis wrote:
\o/ We're a merc allian......wait....what? When did this happen? Someone has been lying to me this whole time....grrrr someone / something. rabble rabble rabbble.

Sorry mate, don't you just hate when marketing takes a new direction and doesn't even bother to tell everyone else?
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-07-15 18:54:46 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:

This is what I was thinking. Brb with the popcorn.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Judas Lonestar
Stryker Industries
Stryker Group
#27 - 2014-07-15 21:15:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Judas Lonestar
Cannibal Kane wrote:

I dont know why merc corps beat their chest so much either. I think because, really, at the end of the day we all know most merc corps simply wont engage in any activity with any risk associated with it.

So you get the chest beating we have here, to maintain the facade of being "Mercenaries". I think deep down they know they are lying to themselves as much as they are lying to each other.

Which reminds me.....
Judas Lonestar
Stryker Industries
Stryker Group
#28 - 2014-07-15 21:22:59 UTC
Day 2 - The time creeps by. We live in fear now, although we have seen no signs of our aggressors. We believe they are playing mind games with us, with some success. We stationed one of our more experienced individuals in his best combat ship on the door to our home. Our first line of defense against unwanted intrusions.

Unfortunately as the hours drew on and his nerves were left in shambles he inadvertently targeted an unannounced activation on the hole and killed one of our own. Clearly the mind games are wearing us down.

http://puu.sh/ac1ra/1e97da7bfe.jpg

We stopped most of our PI now convinced they are hiding behind our POCOs just waiting for us. A few individuals did fleet up and farm our C3 again, netting another 400 mil.

We remain on guard, although the long hours are wearing us down. We believe this all part of their plan. however, much to our dismay.
Jayne Fillon
#29 - 2014-07-15 21:27:46 UTC
This thread just got forwarded to me, and gave me a good chuckle.

First off, we're not a mercenary alliance. We have no contact information, no thread advertising our services, and have never accepted a single contract in our half-month history. The only thing that would give people any idea we operate as mercenaries is an alliance description reading "Available for Hire".

As far as I know, one of the members from "Worm Hole." used this single line of text, and only this, as the pretense to scam some poor bloke out of 2B ISK - the POS passwords were offered up for free. Oh, and while I'm here, I'd just like to say that Forsaken Assylum is a very good mercenary alliance whom I've hired in the past and have done great work.

Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
next time use a Merc Contracts merc, channel exists for just such reasons

Unfortunately, that's how the scammer found said client, even tho we aren't listen in the MOTD.

For that, and only that, I apologize.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Numian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2014-07-15 22:57:46 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Oh, and while I'm here, I'd just like to say that Forsaken Assylum is a very good mercenary alliance whom I've hired in the past and have done great work.

Freudian slip?
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2014-07-16 00:09:36 UTC
I love these guys. Kill boards don't mean squat in J-Space. Its all about content creation and living as on-the-edge as eve allows.

Keep up the updates. Love it.

Maybe I'll run into you guys somewhere in the chain.....

o7

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Alexhandr Shkarov
The MorningStar. Syndicate
#32 - 2014-07-16 00:42:59 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
I love these guys. Kill boards don't mean squat in J-Space. Its all about content creation and living as on-the-edge as eve allows.

o7

We can't help it if people try to hire someone for work without doing a three minute background check on the organisation they go for ^_^

All my posts are on my personal title and should not be confused as me speaking for anyone else.

Siobhan MacLeary
Doomheim
#33 - 2014-07-16 00:52:52 UTC
Alexhandr Shkarov wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:

o7

We can't help it if people try to hire someone for work without doing a three minute background check on the organisation they go for ^_^

I am pretty sure Leto was talking about us, not you guys. Sorry.

Point out to me a person who has been harmed by an AFK cloaker and I will point out a person who has no business playing this game.” - CCP Soundwave

Alexhandr Shkarov
The MorningStar. Syndicate
#34 - 2014-07-16 00:54:25 UTC
Does it matter? Content is content, and stupidity in EVE results in tears from the stupid. Which is what this thread is about in the first place.

All my posts are on my personal title and should not be confused as me speaking for anyone else.

Del Hollas
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-07-16 02:10:51 UTC
Alexhandr Shkarov wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:

o7

If anything, we're just miffed we didn't get a fight. Lol
Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#36 - 2014-07-16 02:41:23 UTC
RZ Tivianne wrote:

Sorry bud, doesn't work like that. If I was getting paid to hunt you, I'd be sitting on your undock in an hour, but I'm not, unfortunately. Poor Ood, lost their tower, then they get scammed by mercs, then they hire mercs that admit they can't be bothered to hunt us in WHs.

Fortunately we didn't get paid to watch you sit in a POS. So far we are on track for what we were paid to do. By the way, we don't station camp.

Siobhan MacLeary wrote:

Oh, cupcake. That's really not how it works.

Tell you what, since you clearly need a better intel guy, we'll consider doing for you what we did for Devil's Warrior Alliance when they had a hard time finding our home system.

Cool.

Numian wrote:

If I paid a merc corp money to make my enemies feel pain, I'd expect them to lose a few ships in the process. You're not a merc corp, you're a highsec wardec corp. For anyone who doesn't live in highsec, this has almost no effect.

I can't even really blame you guys. I mean, people are just throwing iskies at you to essentially just sit around doing nothing. Why wouldn't you take their money? You really have a solid business plan there.

Merc corps have many purposes. So far you all have been huddled up in your WH awaiting REDEMPTION or whatever your "leader" tells you is coming. This is fine with us. As I stated earlier, you are doing exactly what we planned, and getting paid for. Hiding at home.

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#37 - 2014-07-16 02:45:00 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:

Some people don't find fighting fun. Maybe thats why they chose to live in a wormhole? To shoot rats?

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

RZ Tivianne
HELLSINKER
#38 - 2014-07-16 03:40:29 UTC  |  Edited by: RZ Tivianne
Sorry, was busy generating content. Unfortunately the Loot Fairy told us to go bug off, but c'est la vie.
Saeka Tyr
Sanctuary of Shadows
#39 - 2014-07-16 04:44:44 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:

You know high sec is as reachable for you as worm hole is for us

Could you please link the last kill Forsaken Asylum got in anything other than highsec?

Let's be realistic about what you guys are and are not before implying you fight in wormholes.
Seraph IX Basarab
Outer Path
Seraphim Division
#40 - 2014-07-16 05:39:42 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
This thread just got forwarded to me, and gave me a good chuckle.

First off, we're not a mercenary alliance. We have no contact information, no thread advertising our services, and have never accepted a single contract in our half-month history. The only thing that would give people any idea we operate as mercenaries is an alliance description reading "Available for Hire".

As far as I know, one of the members from "Worm Hole." used this single line of text, and only this, as the pretense to scam some poor bloke out of 2B ISK - the POS passwords were offered up for free. Oh, and while I'm here, I'd just like to say that Forsaken Assylum is a very good mercenary alliance whom I've hired in the past and have done great work.

Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
next time use a Merc Contracts merc, channel exists for just such reasons

Unfortunately, that's how the scammer found said client, even tho we aren't listen in the MOTD.

Up to the usual I see. Not surprising. Alts are a great thing.

I have a feeling you're going to become acquainted with Forsaken in ways you never imagined, nor wished for in the very near future.

10/10 for thread.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/kitchen-popcorn/0044.gif