These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Noob Question About Killboards

Author
Bexar Ying
Unit 479
#1 - 2014-07-15 11:14:07 UTC
A couple of incompetent Nimrods war decced my alliance about a week ago. In order to maintain the cash flow, we moved somewhere where I didn't think they have the cojs to follow.

I'm not worried about us. In 27 war decs we have lost two ships and one pod. What I would like to know is if this tactic has worked against this particular group.

But I can't find a killboard that shows their losses for this past week. Am I looking for the wrong thing? Should I be looking for their alliance instead?
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#2 - 2014-07-15 11:21:31 UTC
You could also try check their war history in-game and the result of those wars.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#3 - 2014-07-15 11:22:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Are you looking at the right killboard(s)? Can you find losses from earlier periods?
Are you sure they've had any losses that would be reported during this week (and if so, by what party)?

No killboard I know of makes any distinction between corp and alliance in terms of what you can search for — if it's reported, it'll be credited to all people and parties involved. So it sounds more like they haven't had any reported losses (and the “reported” is the important part: if neither party feeds their API to the killboards, only manually posted kills will appear and some will conveniently “forget” to post losses).

A lot of it is automated and API:ed these days, but at some point or another, someone has to enter the right feeds into the system to make it all show up.
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#4 - 2014-07-15 11:26:48 UTC
I don't know if you know about this site: http://evewho.com/

You can search for:
- players
- corporations
- alliances

Very useful for wardecs.
Bexar Ying
Unit 479
#5 - 2014-07-15 11:27:00 UTC
Chribba wrote:
You could also try check their war history in-game and the result of those wars.

/c

Dammit. I guess I'll have to lear how to do that. The learning ends.

BTW, You run BattleClinic, don't you? I used to use that but it just locks up on me now. What browser is recommended?
Bexar Ying
Unit 479
#6 - 2014-07-15 11:28:21 UTC
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
I don't know if you know about this site: http://evewho.com/

You can search for:
- players
- corporations
- alliances

Very useful for wardecs.

Didn't think of that. TYVM. :)
Sodabro
Doomheim
#7 - 2014-07-15 11:45:12 UTC
Quote:
incompetent nimrods

ALL THE WARDECS!
Bexar Ying
Unit 479
#8 - 2014-07-15 11:49:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Bexar Ying
Sodabro wrote:
Quote:
incompetent nimrods

ALL THE WARDECS!

We've never war decced anyone. Never felt the need.

We may be care bears, but we aren't pillow biters. Wars are just something we are ambivalent about. Another screwed up part of the game.
Bexar Ying
Unit 479
#9 - 2014-07-15 11:53:03 UTC
What you guys suggested worked great. EveWho took me to zKill, there they were.

Not sure how to interpret the results, though. They' lost 4 ships since the war dec but none in the two pipes. Did they decide not to follow? The 4 losses were nowhere near us. ??
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#10 - 2014-07-15 11:57:49 UTC
yeah zkill/eve-kill've been more popular than battleclinic for a few years now

chribba doesn't run battleclinic
Bexar Ying
Unit 479
#11 - 2014-07-15 11:59:45 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:

Sorry.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#12 - 2014-07-15 12:01:58 UTC
Bexar Ying wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:

Sorry.

well as long as you're really sorry i can forgive you in exchange for a moderate donation
Bexar Ying
Unit 479
#13 - 2014-07-15 12:05:50 UTC
It's on the way. :)
CompleteFailure
DAWGS Corp.
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#14 - 2014-07-15 17:05:29 UTC
Bexar Ying wrote:
What you guys suggested worked great. EveWho took me to zKill, there they were.

Not sure how to interpret the results, though. They' lost 4 ships since the war dec but none in the two pipes. Did they decide not to follow? The 4 losses were nowhere near us. ??

You're operating under the assumption that the fact that they war decced you means that you are their only focus. TBH they probably have several wardecs going on at once (if not dozens) and are concentrating on the easier to find targets.
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2014-07-15 18:37:19 UTC
When I wardeced, I wardeced for *reasons* and would fly 30j to kill a Venture. So just that they don't have any killboard activity near your chosen system is not an indication that they won't find you and kill you. It is easy enough to find out where your targets are and set up traps for them.

Even "incompetent nimrods" can kill virtually any PVE fit ship with virtually any PVP fit ship. I'm not logged in right now so I can't tell, but if any of your attackers are named "Cannibal Kane", then I pitty you.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

SghnDubh
BattleClinic
#16 - 2014-07-15 22:34:43 UTC
Bexar Ying wrote:
Chribba wrote:

/c

Dammit. I guess I'll have to lear how to do that. The learning ends.

BTW, You run BattleClinic, don't you? I used to use that but it just locks up on me now. What browser is recommended?

Chribba is awesome, but my team and I run BattleClinic.

If you're having problems with the site, just ping me or post there and a dev will help you.

And contrary to some in this thread, Zkill and BC serve the community rather equally. Our boards cater to different user preferences and track / show stats differently.

OP,
If you're having problems locating their pilots on a KB, then they could be taking steps to keep their kills from showing, as has been suggested. It's harder to keep their losses from showing because they don't have control over those killmails.

The major killboards are API-only, or only allow CREST posts, so "faking" mails by manually manipulating the text then pasting the text into a killboard is no longer as big of a problem. But CREST especially is fairly new, and maybe they haven't been as active recently; in that case, it's possible that people who get killmails against them haven't posted via CREST. Or, perhaps most of the people that win fights against them don't know about killboards and thus don't post their APIs which would pick up those kills.

Hope that helps a bit...
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#17 - 2014-07-15 22:41:23 UTC
I cant be the only person who believed that Op was decced by a group called "incompetent nimrods". That totally sounds like a corp in Eve.

Someone should take that name. Evewho says its available.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Jeremy Fischer1
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2014-07-16 09:34:51 UTC
Move to nullsec, why you in hisec?
Victor Andall
#19 - 2014-07-16 10:11:34 UTC
WHY IS THIS THREAD BEING HELPFUL?!

Geez, GD! Step up your game. You didn't even send OP back to WoW or anything...

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

Christina Project
Screaming Head in a Box.
#20 - 2014-07-16 10:49:27 UTC
Makes no sense.
She calls them incompetent,
as if it was something to be proud of to run away.

Yeah maybe Cannibal Kane should teach them a lesson or two.

I'm willing to add money to that, too!

[i]"Don't look into another human's bowl to see how much he has ... ... look into his bowl to see if he has enough !" - Sol[/i]

12Next page