These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Launcher freeze and authenticating process freeze on mac.

First post
Author
Jane Hemah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2014-07-10 00:34:43 UTC
Last couple days i started to have some socket issues after 30 mins cycle. Thn my authenticating loading bar from the login process was not going any where for 15 mins ~ forced reboot was the only option. But today, new development. Now my launcher freeze and i get the beach ball spinning in my face (aka loading mouse pointer). And no way to even launcher the game not even the client validation.

Steps taken new launcher with updates = same authentication issue

for the others that can still make the launcher work it cmd+tab to go back to desktop and wait 5 mins~ then do it again and see if you go to character selection screen. At that point it means you are good.

If any one else has this let me know. If you have a fix even better.

I post this today do to the lack of similar topics.

PLZ let me know if you manage to find one :)
Magos Jereg
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-07-10 06:04:34 UTC
I have been getting this all the time now, on multiple accounts. Used to be a once and awhile issue, now I have to force quit and relaunch Eve 3-7 times to get it successfully to character selection.
Jane Hemah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2014-07-10 15:01:02 UTC
Magos Jereg wrote:
I have been getting this all the time now, on multiple accounts. Used to be a once and awhile issue, now I have to force quit and relaunch Eve 3-7 times to get it successfully to character selection.

i just redownloaded the launcher and try 5 times now nothing same issues.
I am using the cmd+tab trick to stop having to reboot all the time. i'm sure reboot is not good for comp.
J'Ribs
Zepthanui
#4 - 2014-07-10 16:11:01 UTC
Same here.

Can't get in. Clear the cache, CMD - Tab. NOTHING.

And the silence is deafening.

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#5 - 2014-07-10 17:42:56 UTC
I had a ~30 second freeze on "Authenticating" yesterday, but then it got over itself and finished launching.

How long do you let it freeze before force quitting and rebooting?

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Jane Hemah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2014-07-10 18:47:36 UTC
Dersen Lowery wrote:
I had a ~30 second freeze on "Authenticating" yesterday, but then it got over itself and finished launching.

How long do you let it freeze before force quitting and rebooting?

i do it for 5 mins and more sometimes. But some times it did that to me too 30 sec thn jumped to something else. not anymore.

An other thing i noticed before tho, every time i jumped through a gate i had to go through a 5 sec freeze. really not good when in null sec full of reds.

Come on CCP notice this thread of move it on my bug report. Plz.
Vamp Hakuli
Celestial Precision
#7 - 2014-07-11 16:59:10 UTC
hmm, I’m getting this now, just freezes the first time i start the launcher, so i force quit and relaunch and it works fine, but every time i log in i have to do the same process of lock,force close, start again.
it seems a weird problem as i will always login just fine second time around?
Jane Hemah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-07-11 17:25:13 UTC
Vamp Hakuli wrote:
hmm, I’m getting this now, just freezes the first time i start the launcher, so i force quit and relaunch and it works fine, but every time i log in i have to do the same process of lock,force close, start again.

Yeah me too at first.
Erin Crawford
#9 - 2014-07-11 19:05:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Erin Crawford
Vamp Hakuli wrote:

I used to do exactly as you say.

However, these days I Alt-Tab out before the authentication begins; you've obviously noticed that that is when it freezes.

So, when I alt-tab out of the game it continues authenticating in the background, then I alt-tab back into the game when supposed 'freeze' moment has passed since you won't be able to alt-tab back into the game when it is frozen in authentication mode.

I hope that made sense. Shocked

*edit*

here's the procedure I follow:

1. launch game, wait for black screen and loading bar.

2. quickly alt-tab out before authentication process begins. (this is where it would freeze)

3. wait for authentication to complete in background. (if it freezes in the background you won't be able to alt-tab back into the game vis-à-vis you can't alt-tab out once it freezes while you are in game).

4. alt-tab back into game and wait for the rest of the loading to complete

5. enjoy!

I never have those freeze issues this way, but the key for me is to alt-tab out before authentication process bar appears.

"Those who talk don’t know. Those who know don’t talk. "

Morihei Akachi
Doomheim
#10 - 2014-07-11 22:14:46 UTC
I am seeing the same problem (OSX 10.9.4). I can only assume that something is being (partially?) downloaded the first time that is available the second time around to allow the process to complete.

"Enduring", "restrained" and "ample" as designations for starship components are foreign to the genre of high-tech science fiction and don’t belong in Eve Online. (And as for “scoped” …)

AmoriA
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-07-11 23:58:41 UTC  |  Edited by: AmoriA
I had the exact same problem:
The weird part was that all week I was able to play just fine but tonight the login screen never loaded the bottom "loading" stick and when i pressed the mouse on the Account name window I just got the beach ball and the Login screen stopped responding.

The problem was that I downloaded : AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_14_ltrosxd_aaa_aih.dmg

-I went into activity monitor and disabled this flash player and then the client started just fine.

Hope this helps someone else with this problem.

Playing on
Macbook Pro 2,3GHz Intel Core I5
16GB 1333MHZ DDR3
SSD

(possible very irrelevant)P.s. Before I disabled the Flash player plugin-
I was able to start the client by right clicking EVE,
-Show package content
-Conents
-Resources
Opening the client in there gave me a old school login window
There I could access the game but it was not working properly, responding like 5%
I could not do anything and when I tried Activating another ship I noticed that the client had stopped responding.
Jane Hemah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2014-07-12 03:28:25 UTC
AmoriA wrote:
I had the exact same problem:
The weird part was that all week I was able to play just fine but tonight the login screen never loaded the bottom "loading" stick and when i pressed the mouse on the Account name window I just got the beach ball and the Login screen stopped responding.

The problem was that I downloaded : AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_14_ltrosxd_aaa_aih.dmg

-I went into activity monitor and disabled this flash player and then the client started just fine.

Hope this helps someone else with this problem.

Playing on
Macbook Pro 2,3GHz Intel Core I5
16GB 1333MHZ DDR3
SSD

(possible very irrelevant)P.s. Before I disabled the Flash player plugin-
I was able to start the client by right clicking EVE,
-Show package content
-Conents
-Resources
Opening the client in there gave me a old school login window
There I could access the game but it was not working properly, responding like 5%
I could not do anything and when I tried Activating another ship I noticed that the client had stopped responding.

Well i tried that and it did not do anything for me. I even removed the thing completely.
AmoriA
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-07-12 03:41:31 UTC
Try resetting PRAM, restart your computer and when the screen blacks out, hold in alt+cmd+p+r so the computer reboots again, after that close the flash stuff in activity monitor.
Jane Hemah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2014-07-12 03:43:09 UTC
well the first time after removing the installer i was not fast enough and still got stuck on the authentication screen so had to reboot. But on the second attempt i was fast enough to alt-tab and waited 30 sec and it worked.

So i don't know if the flash thingy was really causing that but... still not good from CCP.
Jane Hemah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2014-07-12 04:37:59 UTC
On a second note.

Has any one of you got a 3 to 5 sec freeze after jumping through a gate?
Vamp Hakuli
Celestial Precision
#16 - 2014-07-14 08:06:12 UTC
no, sorry jane I’m ok there, but now i have a BIG problem, i can’t login at all, just get to the authentication screen and thats it!
sometimes i get a progress bar, sometimes i don’t.
this really needs to be fixed, it was a pita to login twice but now I’m unable to play, is ccl on the case for this i what?
i see the pc users were fixed!!
the alt tab method don’t work for me, neither does using the exe file to bypass the launcher, so has anyone else any ideas?
Meso Teg
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-07-14 16:43:26 UTC
Same Issues.
crash/stuck on try to log in.

Vamp Hakuli
Celestial Precision
#18 - 2014-07-15 19:49:12 UTC
OK, this may help others at least I can access the game every 2 or 3 goes.
Open launcher,clear cache from the launcher,top right cog icon. Close launcher.
Open via the exe file not the launcher, and use windowed mode and lower graphic settings, then log on.
May not work first time,check then the launcher has saved your username, if not use launcher till it has,then only use the exe file to start eve, don't work all the time, but a lot more often for me....good luck :)
Darwin Starling
Implacable Industries
#19 - 2014-07-16 02:44:11 UTC
Was getting the freezing on the "authentication" screen, tried updating the Flash player & everything loaded up fine after that.
Chromartix
Doomheim
#20 - 2014-07-17 00:04:16 UTC
Darwin Starling wrote:
Was getting the freezing on the "authentication" screen, tried updating the Flash player & everything loaded up fine after that.

This fixed the many errors I had - such as the launcher opening in the background and not being getting pass authentication.
12Next page