These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Gila Abandoned Drones Exploit:

First post
Author
Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2014-07-12 05:32:53 UTC
oh shit where's my boot.ini

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Malkaedofiz
Ehefkae
#42 - 2014-07-12 05:35:08 UTC
Stop making up for u lack of piloting skills
Lady Areola Fappington
#43 - 2014-07-12 05:47:16 UTC
All this flame, fire and flash....

If it's actually an exploit, OP would have stood a decent chance of getting his stuff back via support ticket.

Now, all he'll get is some form of account action.

And, the thread will be nuked when ISD get around to checking forum flags.

Op success!

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2014-07-12 05:48:18 UTC
Fix Lag wrote:
oh shit where's my boot.ini

I had to use it.
Neesa Corrinne
Star Tide Industries
Requiem Eternal
#45 - 2014-07-12 06:13:20 UTC
OP, all you will ever encounter on the official forums are hardcore white knights. CCP can do no wrong with the likes of them around.

Rather than simply agree that this is bad and needs immediate, without hesitation, devs not going home until it's done, hot fixing, they will straw man you to death the EULA as if you couldn't simply re-post on reddit/mmorpg.com/anywherefuckingelse without repercussion. Roll

Whatever feeds them their insatiable, daddy-didn't-pay-me-enough-attention, worth of thumbs up tho.
Maruk Ihnati
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#46 - 2014-07-12 06:16:23 UTC
Make sure you petition for exploits all the players that have done this. Include your logs and killmails.

On the other hand, this will prompt a fix from CCP now rather than later. Maybe Crius will be delayed.
Riyria Twinpeaks
Perkone
Caldari State
#47 - 2014-07-12 06:36:53 UTC
Neesa Corrinne wrote:
OP, all you will ever encounter on the official forums are hardcore white knights. CCP can do no wrong with the likes of them around.

Rather than simply agree that this is bad and needs immediate, without hesitation, devs not going home until it's done, hot fixing, they will straw man you to death the EULA as if you couldn't simply re-post on reddit/mmorpg.com/anywherefuckingelse without repercussion. Roll

Whatever feeds them their insatiable, daddy-didn't-pay-me-enough-attention, worth of thumbs up tho.

As far as I've seen nobody says an exploit like that should not be fixed.
There seem to be some who don't think an exploit happened, but they might have misunderstood or are trolling.

Aside from that people actually think the OP should not teach the rest of the world how to use that exploit, which he has done with this thread.
Instead, they are saying he should use the petition/bug report system precisely to make the devs aware of this faster AND to avoid an exploit seeing even more wide-spread use.
Citing the EULA, in my understanding, is just to further underline that the way the OP is reacting to an exploit is the wrong way.

I don't know how you constructed that into white-knighting and saying CCP can't do wrong.

Anyway.. informing the people sounds noble, but even if we assume nobody of the freshly informed people will use that exploit themselves, what do they gain by that knowledge?
The confusion about unexpected performance of drones like that will be replaced by anger to be victim of an exploit.
More people might report the use of that exploit, but since it should have been reported by the OP already, that's redundant information to CCP where most likely an investigation is already happening.

So imo the beneficial effect of people knowing is nearly non-existent.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2014-07-12 06:38:53 UTC
I wonder what would happen if you had a chain of Gilas successively picking up and abandoning two hammerheads.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Iain Cariaba
#49 - 2014-07-12 06:46:33 UTC
Neesa Corrinne wrote:

Yes, because the obvious thing to do when you find an exploit is to make sure that even more people than already know about it find out how to do it. Yep, let's make sure this is fixed quickly by bogging down the system with even more complaints about this exploit because who knows how many people only learned about this because OP was dumb enough to advertise it. Whether he posted it here, at reddit, or managed to get it on the damn evening news doesn't make what he did any less wrong.

And, of course, just because we point all this out must absolutely mean that we have some desperate need for attention, rather then just think OP is an idiot. Suspect there might be some alt posting going on here as you're just as quick to start flaming as OP is...
Pine Marten
Doomheim
#50 - 2014-07-12 07:06:34 UTC
Exploits should be posted on forums so we can see natural selection at its finest in new eden.

Suffer the pain of seeing your skillpoints stay the same for a month.

I am pro posting exploits on forums. Gives ccp more money since bans will be handed out for knowingly using said exploits.

Might leave some key players of a corp/alliance out of key fights for territory. Turning the tide. Never know.

Posting exploits on GD, emergent gameplay.
Pine Marten
Doomheim
#51 - 2014-07-12 07:07:22 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I wonder what would happen if you had a chain of Gilas successively picking up and abandoning two hammerheads.

How many times until tristans insta a hel?
Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2014-07-12 07:12:56 UTC
so after being linked the EULA, the op keeps insisting he isnt doing anything wrong...

do we need to read it to you in smaller words or something?
Steve Celeste
Doomheim
#53 - 2014-07-12 07:13:49 UTC
Thanks for sharing, OP.
Iain Cariaba
#54 - 2014-07-12 07:18:36 UTC
Pine Marten wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

How many times until tristans insta a hel?

124 according to my arbitrary random number generator...
Garresh
Quality Assurance
Straight for the Sun
#55 - 2014-07-12 07:30:21 UTC
Dude why are you flipping out? You lost a couple frigates. Honestly hes a glitching jerk but cmon thats kind of hilarious. One death to something stupid shouldnt be cause for an epileptic fit. It should be something you laugh about. I mean youre gonna lose ships anyways, might as well be a good death.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Mag's
Azn Empire
#56 - 2014-07-12 07:39:54 UTC
Neesa Corrinne wrote:

The only ones white knighting here, are the ones condoning rule breaking. Like you.

Congrats.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Grimwood
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#57 - 2014-07-12 07:47:47 UTC
What happened here was nonsense. And the person using the exploit should be handled accordingly ( blah blah blee blah)
CCP ISD or the god damned CSM we voted for should get together and work to fix this issue, and take care of those responsible for taking advantage of the issue
Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#58 - 2014-07-12 07:48:18 UTC
Garresh wrote:
Dude why are you flipping out? You lost a couple frigates. Honestly hes a glitching jerk but cmon thats kind of hilarious. One death to something stupid shouldnt be cause for an epileptic fit. It should be something you laugh about. I mean youre gonna lose ships anyways, might as well be a good death.

So I should just self destruct my ship when I undock!

Please, reading comprehension. You fail.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#59 - 2014-07-12 07:52:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Phaade wrote:
So I should just self destruct my ship when I undock!

Please, reading comprehension. You fail.

You're projecting again.
Have you read up on the EULA and the forum rules yet? Or the banning policy? Or did you fail to read and comprehend them the same as you did his post?

Specifically, you might want to consider this part…
CCP Banning Policy wrote:
Severe offences may result in an immediate ban without warning; however, warnings may be given for first time offenses, followed by account suspensions of varying degree and ultimately a permanent ban if a player:

[…]

c. Is aware of an exploitable bug and fails to report it to Game Masters and/or distributes the information to other players.
…you know, the paragraph that perfectly describes your OP?
Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#60 - 2014-07-12 08:18:27 UTC
Interesting. If abandoned drones retain bonuses from the ship that dropped them and keep them when used by a ship that doesnt have those bonusses... Yeah. Probably not as intended.

So if it's true, then I consider it an exploit.

Too bad it had to be this continuously butthurt guy pointing it out tho.