These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Gila Abandoned Drones Exploit:

First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#21 - 2014-07-12 04:11:35 UTC
Phaade wrote:

It makes sense that I bring it up to the player base. Since the Dev's read these forums, pretty sure it makes sense I bring it up to them here.

You are not a user of logic.


You are literally insane.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#22 - 2014-07-12 04:14:55 UTC
Phaade wrote:
It makes sense that I bring it up to the player base.
Sure. As long as you go back and remove every last detail about how it could happen; every detail about the people involved; and the killmail, since it provides the same information (and isn't allowed anyway).

Quote:
Since the Dev's read these forums, pretty sure it makes sense I bring it up to them here.
No. If you want to bring it up with the devs, use the channels implemented for that: bug reports and petitions. Again, there's a reason why what you're doing is strictly against the rules.

Quote:
You are not a user of logic.
Now you're confusing me with you.
You're a bit upset right now and not thinking clearly. So calm down; do the right thing; nuke most of the OP; and next time, think before you spread the use of exploits. This one is already stuck on eve-search, but you can still try to limit the damage.
Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#23 - 2014-07-12 04:15:43 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Phaade wrote:

It makes sense that I bring it up to the player base. Since the Dev's read these forums, pretty sure it makes sense I bring it up to them here.

You are not a user of logic.


You are literally insane.


Right. Let's not make people aware of an exploit. Let's act like a bunch of corrupt politicians and keep this our little secret.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#24 - 2014-07-12 04:15:47 UTC
Phaade wrote:
Sorry, I do not know how else to bring this to the attention of the devs.


Yes, you do. The petition system. It exists precisely to prevent you from doing what you did in the OP, violate the game rules by posting precisely how to perform an exploit on a public forum.

Which, as I mentioned before, can be considered an actionable offense whether you did it from malice or stupidity.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#25 - 2014-07-12 04:16:23 UTC
Lykouleon wrote:
Drone. Damage. Amplifiers. They increase drone damage.

"Imicus! Imicus! Immmmmmicus!"

Drone damage amplifier II is 23%. If you fit multiple modules, you also get hit with stacking penalties. Plus, you cannot fit enough of them to an Imicus to do the damage indicated.

It does appear to be a bug / exploit.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#26 - 2014-07-12 04:16:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Phaade wrote:
Accusing who of what?
You need to read what you've written so far. Again, you're upset right now — you're making dumb mistake after dumb mistake as a result of it. Calm down, clean up, and take this to the proper channels.

Quote:
Sorry, I do not know how else to bring this to the attention of the devs.
Yes you do.

Quote:
Right. Let's not make people aware of an exploit.
Correct. Let's not make sure it spreads more than it has to and instead let's make sure that the devs learn about it as quickly as possible. You are doing the exact opposite of all of that right now: you are actively spreading the use of an exploit.
Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#27 - 2014-07-12 04:17:29 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Phaade wrote:
It makes sense that I bring it up to the player base.
Sure. As long as you go back and remove every last detail about how it could happen; every detail about the people involved; and the killmail, since it provides the same information (and isn't allowed anyway).

Quote:
Since the Dev's read these forums, pretty sure it makes sense I bring it up to them here.
No. If you want to bring it up with the devs, use the channels implemented for that: bug reports and petitions. Again, there's a reason why what you're doing is strictly against the rules.

Quote:
You are not a user of logic.
Now you're confusing me with you.
You're a bit upset right now and not thinking clearly. So calm down; do the right thing; nuke most of the OP; and next time, think before you spread the use of exploits. This one is already stuck on eve-search, but you can still try to limit the damage.



No, I'll stick to alerting the people of what is going wrong in the game.

You can try to twist this any way you want. You are wrong. Frankly your position is absurd.
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#28 - 2014-07-12 04:18:02 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Drone damage amplifier II is 23%. If you fit multiple modules, you also get hit with stacking penalties. Plus, you cannot fit enough of them to an Imicus to do the damage indicated.

I'm quite literally looking at fits for an imicus and a tristan in EFT and Pyfa that do the damage indicated.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#29 - 2014-07-12 04:19:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Phaade wrote:
No, I'll stick to alerting the people of what is going being an example of what's wrong in the game by willingly spreading the knowledge of how to use exploits.
Again, fixed. And if that's what you want to do, then ok. Enjoy the warning. If you keep it up, enjoy the ban.

Quote:
You can try to twist this any way you want.
I don't have to. You see, I have read the ToS and the forum rules — you have not. Trust me on this: I'm right. What you are doing is strictly prohibited, and for very good and very obvious reasons.
FA Shouna
Doomheim
#30 - 2014-07-12 04:24:28 UTC
While I understand the reason for the rules, I am glad the OP posted this regardless because the more people that know, the more that will exploit it, and the faster CCP will need to fix it.

Also...based on the comments from some of the people practically confirming this exploit does exist, anyone talking about DDAs and "drone bays" (seriously...wtf) and claiming this is not an exploit...is clearly beyond hope.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#31 - 2014-07-12 04:25:04 UTC
and why the *** are you posting this to public forums instead of using proper channels?

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#32 - 2014-07-12 04:28:31 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Atomic Dove
FA Shouna wrote:
While I understand the reason for the rules, I am glad the OP posted this regardless because the more people that know, the more that will exploit it, and the faster CCP will need to fix it.

Also...based on the comments from some of the people practically confirming this exploit does exist, anyone talking about DDAs and "drone bays" (seriously...wtf) and claiming this is not an exploit...is clearly beyond hope.


They won't fix it any faster if he kicks up a stink on the forums. The process to determine the exploit is the same regardless. This just means they have way more cleanup afterward, since he posted it here for all to see instead of just dealing with his ticket wait time like a big boy.

Snipped, Refrain from personal attacks please- ISD Atomic Dove

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Iain Cariaba
#33 - 2014-07-12 04:56:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Iain Cariaba
Thank you, OP, for informing me of this exploit. Had you not violated the rules, I would have never known about it. Now I'm off to use this exploit, and I'll be sure to let everyone I gank know it was you who told me about it.

Edit: Oh, yeah. The above sentence is precisely why you don't post exploits on the forum!!!
Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#34 - 2014-07-12 05:09:58 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Thank you, OP, for informing me of this exploit. Had you not violated the rules, I would have never known about it. Now I'm off to use this exploit, and I'll be sure to let everyone I gank know it was you who told me about it.

Edit: Oh, yeah. The above sentence is precisely why you don't post exploits on the forum!!!



Aaaaand how many people don't know that this exists in the game? How many guys died to this and lost ISK without having a clue why?

I didn't know this was an exploit, I simply didn't understand how I, and my fleet, got decimated by two frigates.

Why would you want to punish the person bringing this the light instead of the people using the exploit? Literally makes no sense.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#35 - 2014-07-12 05:14:42 UTC
Phaade wrote:

I didn't know this was an exploit


The thread has the word "exploit" in the title.


Quote:

Why would you want to punish the person bringing this the light instead of the people using the exploit? Literally makes no sense.


Because it's against the rules we all agreed to. Even after being informed of this and having it linked to you, you continue to rail against it and puff yourself up like some kind of hero for having flagrantly violated several forum rules and the EULA.

Far less has warranted punishment in the past.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Iain Cariaba
#36 - 2014-07-12 05:15:27 UTC
Phaade wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Thank you, OP, for informing me of this exploit. Had you not violated the rules, I would have never known about it. Now I'm off to use this exploit, and I'll be sure to let everyone I gank know it was you who told me about it.

Edit: Oh, yeah. The above sentence is precisely why you don't post exploits on the forum!!!



Aaaaand how many people don't know that this exists in the game? How many guys died to this and lost ISK without having a clue why?

I didn't know this was an exploit, I simply didn't understand how I, and my fleet, got decimated by two frigates.

Why would you want to punish the person bringing this the light instead of the people using the exploit? Literally makes no sense.

Now you're just trying to cover your ass. Oh, you didn't know it was an exploit? Then why did you title your thread 'Gila Abandoned Drones Exploit?' You knew full well what you were doing, and we're all berating you for bringing it to the forums because it's against the damn rules to bring it to the forums!!! There's a set method to reporting exploits, and nowhere in that method is listed posting about it on forums and flaming anyone and everyone that tells you it was wrong to do so. Suck it up, accept your losses, and move on. You petitioned the exploit, and if it truly is one you will get your losses back. Your job is now done.

/thread
Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2014-07-12 05:19:14 UTC
god this is hilarious

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Iain Cariaba
#38 - 2014-07-12 05:20:41 UTC
Fix Lag wrote:
god this is hilarious

Yup, I'm having fun here... at least til it's locked. Twisted
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#39 - 2014-07-12 05:21:44 UTC
Fix Lag wrote:
god this is hilarious

Seriously man, this is my entertainment for the night. Get your own thread.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#40 - 2014-07-12 05:32:12 UTC
Phaade wrote:
Aaaaand how many people don't know that this exists in the game? How many guys died to this and lost ISK without having a clue why?
Tons more now than before you started spreading it. The ones rushing out to make the most of it now that you've brought it to the public will certainly add to that number.

Quote:
I didn't know this was an exploit
Yes you did. Just like you knew how to actually report it. Just like you knew that you have been accusing people all over the place. Adding more lies does not cover your arse here — it just means you're breaking more and more rules every time you post.

Quote:
Why would you want to punish the person bringing this the light instead of the people using the exploit?
“As well as” not “instead”. You do that because, if anything, they do far more damage than the ones who currently use it. Just because you have noticed that your attempt to spread the exploit as far as possible has taken a negative turn does not mean that the rules make no sense. It just means that you had (hopefully temporarily) taken leave of your senses when you decided to break all those rules.