These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

So apparently I bought a known spy?

First post
Author
Chronoxi
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2014-07-11 17:09:47 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Atomic Dove
Advise guys? I need some advise. Apparently people don't understand that the character had changed hands. I needed this to be my new main and the dream is gone. Cry

I guess my only option is to solo. And I hate you Chocolate Roll!!

Also completely irrelevant question, if the guy selling the character did not notify his corp of him selling the character can I report him?

Also, here is the thread of the sale https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4788851#post4788851

Snipped out that bad word, please refrain from profanities-ISD Atomic Dove

weeeeEEEEEEEEEE are never ever ever!

Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#2 - 2014-07-11 17:33:07 UTC
Report him... right... to who? The CIA?

Sorry you got screwed m8, but you need to take some responsibility here. Not only could this post itself be a spytrick from the original owner to rebuild credentials on the character, but if its a known spy, you could (and in my opinion should) have known.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2014-07-11 17:34:56 UTC
This is why you do background checks.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#4 - 2014-07-11 17:36:22 UTC
Why on earth would you then announce this in public forums?

You could have had a swell time passing yourself off as him and constructing various hilarious hijinx

But now, the dream has gone

Like Cheers

In the wine

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Benny Ohu
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-07-11 17:39:41 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
You could have had a swell time passing yourself off as him and constructing various hilarious hijinx

and get banned for it?

op, either resell the character for a new one or just don't mention it joining a corp and see how far you get
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#6 - 2014-07-11 17:43:18 UTC
Such LOL.

Much hilarity.

Stealth 'Name changes plz kthxbai' thread.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-07-11 17:44:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Arronicus
According to the thread that you linked, the character hasn't actually been sold, with no post from the buyer confirming their interest/that they had sent isk and account name to be transferred to, and no post from the seller stating that isk had been recieved or transfer had been initiated. Additionally, the thread has not been changed to reflect the sale of the character which, like the notification to the characters prior corp, IS required.

So no, I don't believe you bought the character, I believe that you pretended to sell the character, in some attempt to clear your reputation.

In the case that the character had actually been sold, and you purchased it, you would disclose when applying to any corp or group that you had purchased the character, were not the original owner, and would link to the character sales thread, preferably with a CCP employee confirming that the transfer had infact taken place. You would also do this in your profile.

Now, if the character has a particular corp/alliance in their history, like guiding hand social club, or pasta syndicate, you're SOL and might as well re-sell the toon.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#8 - 2014-07-11 17:45:24 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

and get banned for it?

op, either resell the character for a new one or just don't mention it joining a corp and see how far you get

You wouldnt get banned for it if you owned the character

Because you would be the character

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Belt Scout
Thread Lockaholics Anonymous
#9 - 2014-07-11 17:46:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Belt Scout
Chronoxi wrote:
Shiiiiiit. Advise guys? I need some advise. Apparently people don't understand that the character had changed hands. I needed this to be my new main and the dream is gone. Cry

I guess my only option is to solo. And I hate you Chocolate Roll!!

Also completely irrelevant question, if the guy selling the character did not notify his corp of him selling the character can I report him?

Also, here is the thread of the sale https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4788851#post4788851

Just write "Under new management" in your bio, and go about your business. After a few months to a year, people will forget who's who anyway.

Edit: Furthermore, your wallet and mail API keys will show the recent transaction in case some corp needs the info.

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-07-11 17:51:40 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Atomic Dove
Chronoxi wrote:

When you preface a question with "This is totally irrelevant, but..." and then proceed to ask the question anyway, it makes me froth at the mouth like a rabid wolverine on crack.

This is totally unrelated to the subject at hand, but why do purple monkey socks exist?
Also irrelavent, but what's love go to do with it?
And while we're no where near the subject, how can we be lovers when we can't be friends?

It's annoying. Don't do it. If the question is irrelevant, don't ask it.

Even if irritating, please refrain from foul language -ISD Atomic Dove

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Benny Ohu
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2014-07-11 17:52:19 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

and get banned for it?

You wouldnt get banned for it if you owned the character

Because you would be the character

nah allowing someone to think you're the same person as before is against the rules
Chronoxi
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2014-07-11 17:56:10 UTC
All feedback are very helpful thanks everyone

Not sure if it's just me or WINMATAR has some trust issues, I'm not even planning to join their corp. Just wanted to join the fleet they posted in militia which is like a frig/dessie fleet. My request was accepted, I joined comms and provided full API, then I was unceremoniously kicked from both fleet/comms without warning. Also, when FC asked me to send 1 mil to confirm no spai (really lol)I'm thinking heck just 1 mil right? I made a typo and gave him 1 bill (this is the biggest source of my frustration!)

Confirmed it's my fault, just looking for ways to salvage this situation without reselling. I like the skills this toon has. Just posted to the sales thread to confirm I received the character, I can't be lying because CCP will ban me just as unceremoniously if I do.

Victor Andall
#13 - 2014-07-11 17:57:38 UTC
Nice trai, spai.

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

Private Pineapple
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-07-11 18:00:10 UTC
Chronoxi wrote:

Not sure if it's just me or WINMATAR has some trust issues, I'm not even planning to join their corp. Just wanted to join the fleet they posted in militia which is like a frig/dessie fleet. My request was accepted, I joined comms and provided full API, then I was unceremoniously kicked from both fleet/comms without warning. Also, when FC asked me to send 1 mil to confirm no spai (really lol)I'm thinking heck just 1 mil right? I made a typo and gave him 1 bill (this is the biggest source of my frustration!)

Confirmed it's my fault, just looking for ways to salvage this situation without reselling. I like the skills this toon has. Just posted to the sales thread to confirm I received the character, I can't be lying because CCP will ban me just as unceremoniously if I do.

u wot m8

Chronoxi
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#15 - 2014-07-11 18:01:16 UTC
lol, even if I am really a spai, what am I gonna do to a small 25 man fleet of frig/dessies? Order a caps hotdrop? In fact spies are good for small gangs because they make sure there will be fights. I am pretty sure both side have spais and if they bring an overwhelming counter the other party is not gonna fight. Like really lol, spais are only dangerous if you get him into corp and make him a director

Chronoxi
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#16 - 2014-07-11 18:02:18 UTC
Private Pineapple wrote:
Chronoxi wrote:

u wot m8

I wot i dunnoe m8, i was definitely kinda stupid though

Elmonky
Alternative Royal Dynamics
GameTheory
#17 - 2014-07-11 18:17:52 UTC
Good story 7/10 would recommend to others as a cautionary tale
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#18 - 2014-07-11 18:23:27 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:

nah allowing someone to think you're the same person as before is against the rules

If that was true, then selling characters would be a stickier wicket than it is

Benny Ohu
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2014-07-11 18:25:57 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:

If that was true, then selling characters would be a stickier wicket than it is

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6369&find=unread
Quote:
The new owner of the character may NOT pass himself off as any previous owner.
Victor Andall
#20 - 2014-07-11 18:30:43 UTC
But may the previous owner pass himself as a non-existent new owner? I THINK THIS IS THE QUESTION THAT NEEDS ANSWERING, I DO!

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

123Next page