These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Procurer to OP

First post
Author
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#41 - 2014-07-05 19:41:56 UTC
As stated here, this thread has been moved to Ships & Modules.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Amro One
One.
One. Space
#42 - 2014-07-05 21:33:02 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
The true story from those cloaked on grid from "One."

Ice Belts are hostile places. With the nullified knowledge of CODE. ganking you and local pirates.
Sometimes the local miners offer up wrecks and do not make them blue.

I in my hauler, was salvaging the belts wrecks with my MTU, when all of a sudden this procurer was barreling down on me with 5 angry hobs. Being a veteran and all. I know the signs of "ICE MINING CRAZINESS" and he had it in his strip miner.
So I scooped the MTU, it's worth more then the loot in it which was jettisoned and awaited the wrath of this crazed miner

But what right hauler does not fit his badger for battle, so I eagerly awaited are duet of 1v1 indy PVP. After the slow waltz of long locking timers we started are rumba. The "Rapala's" Procurer and my hauler. With out warning, like PL hot dropping a titan, the procurer I was slowly killing and tackled. Was betrothed by some 5 skiffs, their Orca overlord and their army of drone minions

This was not the fate I wanted, so me and my corp buddy warped off to leave are heroic Procurer pilot to the zergling onslaught that was going on in the belt. We quickly switched to are trusty & Rusty T1 PVP Scythes and warped back to the belt to save what ever soul was left from the onset of this bloodbath.

When we landed in the belt, are heroic procurer pilot had no choice but to kill the skiffs Overlord, The Orca, it was his only chance to survive. In his last percentages of shields he indulged his last bit of capacitor on pointing the Orca.

This is what EPIC stories are made up of and we wanted to be part of it. From the near clench of death we repped the dieing Procurer to health and hunkered down for a long night of wave after wave of drone minions.

As we the Scyths of "ONE." repped the Heroic procurer of "Rapala Armiron" are suspect timer kept resetting as we dashed to repped the drones assaulting the life of the Orca. It was not long till "Rapala's" Procerer was no longer a suspect and free to finish the grudge with the Orca Overload. Drones shields danced the dance of death and docking tango. One out of the 2 "One." Scythes was no longer a suspect when a stupid jihad decided to attack us.

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.

After a swift death from Concord, he was enlightened to find out are Scythes are resistance to such fools. With are new threat at just a gate jump away. "One."s Scythes stayed on field to see "Rapala's" Procerur prevail over the Orca Overlord who skiffs have abandon him to kept mining with drones returned.

Are Hero Procurer was suddenly greeted to the Orcas armor regenerated, but with no depot or refit how was this? A guardian, Ironically, showed up to help the Orca pilot who foolishly had no ECM drones. It seems the Overlord had to ***** for help for his stupidity. Two can play this game, actually "One." my corp can. As one Scythe stayed another reshipped to scare off the guardian with his long arm Lachesis point.

Well Amro undocked in the Lachesis, Layos in the Scyth on grid, noticed the guardian was landing always at 50km from different celestial objects to the Orca to do spurts of reps before warping off against. With a fleet invite and a warp to are hero, "Rapala's", Procurer. I land at 0m to the Orca and wait, watching the the return of the guardian to show on D-scan. Biggest 46 km "warp to" of that guardians life. With MWD and warp disruptor overheating, the guardian was now caught for his foolish attempts.

*snip* Posting of kill reports outside of the Crime & Punishment forum channel is prohibited. ISD Ezwal.

By this time, it came to are attention that these are members of a local low sec Alliance based in Kheram, Nulli Secundas.

With their guardian down and the Orca who fitted a "Damage Control II" & "Bulkhead II" was now at 50% structure.
But this did not stop are Procurer from chugging onm as others died around him. We thought for sure the Horn of Gondor was blow for the aid of this Orca and revenge of the Guardian. But with the last few mins of the remaining "One." Scythe suspect timer coming to a end. The horn was answered and the Sheriff showed up, A Police Navy Comet, well a rent a cop because Concord was already present in the belt.

Like Robin Hood, people always try to take the law into their own hands, Yet Robin Hood always comes out on top.

After 50 mins of frantic Heroic deeds of Honor, the Overlord Orca dies to the courageous fortitude of this poor Procurer Ice miner "Rapala"

Arton needs its Sacrifices's
Amro One
One.
One. Space
#43 - 2014-07-05 21:39:36 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Once again exploring the vastness of a derelik ice belt with my MTU in hand.
The evil of the forever lasting memories of thee heroic procure still lurking in my mind.
Is brought back when another Procurer suddenly goes suspect.

Now it was my turn to test the might of this Orca slaying barge of destruction in my gallant Battle badger.
What could have been a battle of tank turned out to be most disappointing. This procurer was not what legends was made up of like what I thought.

To where are these heroic Procurers birthed from? They seem to not be made equals.
Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#44 - 2014-07-06 00:40:01 UTC
If you die to a procurer, you're terribad. Kill the drones and it's offenseless.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Staten Island
Diversity 101
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#45 - 2014-07-06 01:45:20 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Lugia3 wrote:
If you die to a procurer, you're terribad. Kill the drones and it's offenseless.

Well obviously it doesn't work for everyone

It should be like this:

Dramatization of Orca killing procuer

But unfortunately for some folk like in the km that started this thread (which cant be posted here but paradoxically can be found in the parallel thread Procurer kill Orca thread *) ) this is simply not the case.

And blaming the orca pilot is like blaming the victim of a robbery for being robbed. Don't victim blame its bad for society and will get you shunned. Instead, put the blame where it belongs - square on the procurer pilot for misusing the procurer as a weapon of death instead of a peaceful industrial tool in violation of its role as set forth in tiericide.

*) = Nope, not any more. ISD Ezwal.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#46 - 2014-07-06 02:07:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Mallak Azaria
Staten Island wrote:
And blaming the orca pilot is like blaming the victim of a robbery for being robbed. Don't victim blame its bad for society and will get you shunned. Instead, put the blame where it belongs - square on the procurer pilot for misusing the procurer as a weapon of death instead of a peaceful industrial tool in violation of its role as set forth in tiericide.

No, blaming the Orca pilot is like blaming the victim of a beating because he decided to dress up like batman & fight crime on his own. Miners wanted more powerful tools to defend themselves with & they got them. Be careful what you wish for.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Christian Lionbate
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2014-07-06 15:20:22 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
OP is obsessed with Orca's, mightiest fish in the sea? A. its not a fish and B. If Chuck Norris went for a swim the Orca would soon find out ot was the mightiest nothing. OP needs to get over his obvious Orca loss and move on lest Chuck decides to pay him a visit. *Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.
Christopher Mabata
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#48 - 2014-07-07 12:04:40 UTC
Procurer OP?

Nope. Procurers are designed to be the tanky miner and if you have tank why not have a nice drone complement to suit since you have no guns, procurers while used in high sec are actually designed for more risky areas of space i think, that tank lets them tank rats and the drones mop them up. Ive even heard of a procurer tanking a C3 Sleeper spawn in one of the belts and killing all of them that spawned.

If you see a blinky procurer, probably best to let it be unless you really know what your doing, also orca =/= killer whale it equals large flying ore hold with link ability and a thick bulkhead.

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Christopher Mabata
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#49 - 2014-07-07 12:07:34 UTC
Lugia3 wrote:

Some people dont seem to get that idea, and im dumbfounded as to why, hobs and hammerheads die pretty quick so its not like its a hastle or anything

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Bohneik Itohn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2014-07-07 17:51:09 UTC
I propose another buff to barge tank and DPS.

Not only is ORE space way the hell out there past Syndicate, with nothing friendly in sight, but they were just taken over by Serpentis. It's only reasonable that Serpentis would release a new line of faction PvP barges to protect their new acquisition with the convenience of the new manufacturing facilities in their possession.

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Alexa Coates
Coalition Of Misfits
#51 - 2014-07-07 19:52:09 UTC
i think op's mad that miners can fight back lol.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#52 - 2014-07-07 22:24:05 UTC
Alexa Coates wrote:

OP was pretty vocal during the last Hulkageddon in demanding that barges be better equipped to defend themselves. Now he's mad that people can use those barges to kill him.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Amro One
One.
One. Space
#53 - 2014-07-09 17:31:19 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal

Procurers are still OP it seems.
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#54 - 2014-07-11 14:51:20 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Alexa Coates wrote:

OP was pretty vocal during the last Hulkageddon in demanding that barges be better equipped to defend themselves. Now he's mad that people can use those barges to kill him.

Oh that's just class!

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2014-07-12 00:19:48 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
Just posting to let you know that I could kill an Avatar with an Impairor, given enough time.

Clearly, rookie ships are overpowered.

No you could not.. DT would stop you :P

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Previous page123