These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Orthrus...

Author
Maximillian German
Task Force Coalition
#1 - 2014-07-10 15:10:13 UTC
Hey guys, you'll have to excuse me if this has already been mentioned, but isn't the orthrus a bit strong? I can pull 700+ dps with 30k+ ehp out of it with just my crappy skills. Is there some weakness i've overlooked or are there nerfs incoming. The reason I ask is that i'd like to invest in said ship, but i'm a bit weary of an over-nerf coming in the future.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#2 - 2014-07-10 15:27:32 UTC
So it does a bit more damage than a HAC with a bit less tank than a HAC?
Nah. Seems about the right spot for a pirate cruiser.
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2014-07-10 15:28:38 UTC
Maximillian German wrote:
Hey guys, you'll have to excuse me if this has already been mentioned, but isn't the orthrus a bit strong? I can pull 700+ dps with 30k+ ehp out of it with just my crappy skills. Is there some weakness i've overlooked or are there nerfs incoming. The reason I ask is that i'd like to invest in said ship, but i'm a bit weary of an over-nerf coming in the future.

Yes.

If it is caught it dies.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#4 - 2014-07-10 15:30:04 UTC
The reason I ask is that i'd like to invest in said ship, but i'm a bit weary of an over-nerf coming in the future.

So what did you lose to the Orthrus then?

Dodixie > Hek

Dave Stark
#5 - 2014-07-10 15:32:08 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
The reason I ask is that i'd like to invest in said ship, but i'm a bit weary of an over-nerf coming in the future.

£5 says dignity.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#6 - 2014-07-10 15:55:13 UTC
30k+ ehp.

lel

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#7 - 2014-07-10 18:00:46 UTC
My Stratios has about the same DPS with 65k ehp, sounds about right to me then.
LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-07-10 18:25:22 UTC

No nerf will be incoming. Orthrus is a glass cannon. It fights like the cynnabal only at slightly longer range. if its caught and scrammed, it dies just as fast as a caracal.
Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-07-10 22:04:55 UTC
Please buy more Orthruses (Orthri?) and Garmurs. This message brought to you by your local Mordus Legion security patrol.

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#10 - 2014-07-10 22:41:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Fix Lag wrote:
Please buy more Orthruses (Orthri?) and Garmurs. This message brought to you by your local Mordus Legion security patrol.

Orthroi. Also, Garmar.
Maximillian German
Task Force Coalition
#11 - 2014-07-11 05:55:19 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:

Nothing yet, but you're welcome to try and change that :)
Maximillian German
Task Force Coalition
#12 - 2014-07-11 06:00:49 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
30k+ ehp.

lel

To be fair, i did qualify that with "my crappy skills"