These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

How do I make grinding sec status for jump clones bearable?

Author
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2014-07-10 01:50:52 UTC
Chopper Rollins wrote:
Lot of people in this thread don't understand the difference between faction, corp and sec status.
You can do the data centers to get faction standing high, put up a pos, still not be able to install a JC anywhere.
You can shoot rats until you go 5.0, still no JC availability.
You need 8.0 with the desired corporation to install a jump clone.
Estel Arador or plug yourself into that chair for a long grind.

Data Centres do give corp standing to certain corps as well as the faction standing. Data Centres can get Fed Navy corp standing close to V with almost no grinding if you have enough ISK for example.
Adriana Nolen
Sama Guild
#42 - 2014-07-10 03:34:50 UTC
Suprised no one has mentioned it yet; Join a nullsec corp/alliance with outposts OR get them to allow you docking rights. It's ridiculously easy.
Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#43 - 2014-07-10 03:44:39 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Ioci wrote:
It's too bad they didn't have pirate dog tags you could turn in for empire faction or something.

you know what, if they had low sec npcs that dropped faction standings tags like they do sec status tags, i'd be tempted to go in to low sec when i get bored and try and find some tags.

edit: actually, **** that i'd be more likely to just run incursions and buy them since i doubt i'd find enough to make it worth my while... however they'd still be awesome and add content for some other scrub.

When I made the comment I wasn't really trying to be sarcastic, suggesting the OP run the one off Data center content. I was being sarcastic about the dog tags and commander tags we already have that serve no use or next to no use. They don't need to create new tags. They already have a tag system that could be used to boost corps based on empire, based on pirate tag.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#44 - 2014-07-10 03:46:48 UTC
i did it ~ 2 years ago in about two evenings using a T3 as far as i remember.
what i did was to find a npc corp which had:
1) a jumpcolone service
2) multiple lvl3 agents in the same area (i think i found one with 3-4 in one system)
3) accept multiple missions at once and blitz them

once i had the standing i created all clones i needed and i am still using them

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Brutus Le'montac
#45 - 2014-07-10 05:51:41 UTC
go to providence lowsec, 1 or 2 jumps form hisec, aslong as you are not red, providence forces will not agress, or shoot you, and you can dock up and make a clone there, then fly back 1 jump tto hisec, jump to nulsec clone, then fly that to hisec, no standings to grind, and easy.

Thought is dangerous; lack of thought, deadly!

Sodabro
Doomheim
#46 - 2014-07-10 09:48:52 UTC
> sec status
> jump clones

I don't understand what OP is trying to say...

but to make anything more bearable you need some filthy dubstep/DnB and one of my famous lemon sodas.
Tarpedo
Incursionista
#47 - 2014-07-10 11:58:09 UTC
iirc you can group with a pilot who does missions and get half of reward they get when they turn in a mission (isk, loyalty points). Probably standing gain is included.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#48 - 2014-07-10 12:04:29 UTC
Sodabro wrote:
but to make anything more bearable you need some filthy dubstep/DnB and one of my famous lemon sodas.

No. To grind standings for a jump clone, you need drugs.

Seriously, anything else PvE related is mind blowing, so if you're going to have your mind blown, you may as well enjoy it.
Jeremy Fischer1
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2014-07-16 10:38:00 UTC
Don't do it. I have a jump clone set in my corps station, so I can jump into that one and leave my pve pod wherever in hisec.
Da Dom
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2014-07-16 16:34:13 UTC
Dr Bluntman wrote:
How do I make grinding sec status for jump clones bearable?
Weed

Dr Bluntman wrote:
I'm currently at 5.91 real status. What is the best way to go up from here?
Don't stop. Level 3 security mission give good standings for someone who can't handle level 4's yet. High social and connection skills are a must

Because Far-que... That's why.

Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#51 - 2014-07-16 21:46:37 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
You could talk to Imiarr Timshae about his corp, The Standings Correction Agency. You log in, open a fleet invite, someone else grinds the standings for you. It doesn't get much easier than that.

Nice to hear I'm being spoken about. I appreciate it :)
Sven Viko VIkolander
In space we are briefly free
#52 - 2014-07-16 23:17:04 UTC
What everyone else has said, with extra bourbon and coffee. Back in the day when I was new I did the grind for standings, doing just level 3 missions. I listened to quite a few audiobooks during that period...
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#53 - 2014-07-16 23:31:32 UTC
Rorq or just pay CVA a visit.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#54 - 2014-07-16 23:31:59 UTC
If you have a little ISK in the wallet, you can run up npc corp and faction standing with tags, COSMOS and L3 courier missions (in a frigate!) in a couple of evenings.

It's really not a grind at all.

Mr Epeen Cool
Altirius Saldiaro
Doomheim
#55 - 2014-07-16 23:39:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Altirius Saldiaro
Dr Bluntman wrote:
No, I do not want to join a jump clone service.

Honestly am trying to grind up sec status so I can get jump clones any time I want on my alt, but am having a hard time grinding up. I'm currently at 5.91 real status. What is the best way to go up from here?

Option 1: If you have more than one monitor, open up youtube on another monitor and search Rachel Williams bouncing. There's a 10 hour one on youtube. Just let that run on fullscreen on your side monitor while you grind PVE.

Option 2: Can be done while doing option 1, listen to your favorite music while you grind PVE.

Lots and lots of beer helps too.
Bohneik Itohn
#56 - 2014-07-17 01:13:48 UTC
Alternative: Don't grind just for the JC's. Get some LP and use it to buy some shiny toys at the same time. Doesn't feel so bad then.

L3's with a fast BC were pretty quick for me. Took me about a week to get standings with two NPC corps when I got going. I also got a couple Stratios', a few sisters probe launchers, an Astero, and a bunch of navy heat sinks and crystals. I'm satisfied.

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

Previous page123